Is this the Lumia Pureview???

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely on the minority here then. I think the 800 looks bad with it's huge chin but this one looks amazing. Even though the chin is even bigger.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
A lot of people said the same negatives things about the Nokia N8, such as, "who in their right mind would buy a phone where the camera sticks out the back?". Nokia sold a lot of N8's

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
regardless, I saw this yesterday and someone referred to it as a potential Win 8 phone. my first take was that it is fugly but when you look closer and compare it to all the other generic/homogomous designs that are out there right now. yes, it is gorgous! It is nice to know that Nokia still has people who can design good looking phones and are not scared to make a break from the rest of the design herd.

Welve

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I will repost what I said in the comments of the article when it was posted on WPCentral:

FINALLY, I can get aboard the mothership and join my people...

In all seriousness though, I hope Nokia has multiple phones lined up for WP8 because as much as I like it for its different design, I could care less about the camera on my phone...So, the more big and obtrusive it is, the more disappointed I will be. All I want is a high res AMOLED display WITHOUT going to Samsung (I know this is a lot to ask!)

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that thing looks nice! I hope it's real AND that it comes to Verizon (yeah, I realize the odds of that are slim...)

Welve

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that thing looks nice! I hope it's real AND that it comes to Verizon (yeah, I realize the odds of that are slim...)

Hey! I will drink to slim chances!

Here is to a non-Samsung high-res AMOLED display on WP8 on T-Mobile and a Nokia phone on Verizon.

Next to mine, yours looks reasonable, do you feel better? :p

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I, personally, am not down with the design at all....but it's definitely nice to see Nokia (anyone, for that matter) making some waves and trying new things. The more I see and hear from Nokia, the happier I am that they have this deal with Microsoft. Good things coming!

toyotast165

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
it looks so damn ergonomic. Almost like it was even designed to be used as a phone. I can imagine putting it between my head and shoulder comfortably....want now.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the design. I don't mind the fatness that comes with having Pureview. But I think this design has too much going on. Especially on the top and bottom edges.

Then again, I'd probably still buy it if it was their only flagship device.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
After the Lumia 900 fiasco I don't trust Nokia in the camera department. I don't know who Carl Seizz is, but now I'm sure he was a pedo.

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
It's certainly a striking design. I like how the curves try to hide the bulge of that sensor, but it's definitely not for everyone. Would be an amazing boost for the platform though.

vantil

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
That design is just insane if it's real. The huge camera definately fits there nicely and it looks nice to hold.
That phone would surely make headlines. Either positive hype or everyone laughing at it.
I dont know which.

Flan Tamarind

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm of the type that doesnt give a rats *** what people think as long as I enjoy my purchase. I'm a MST3k fan after all, so that has to say something.

This Nokia Pure View WP8 concept better come to T-mobile by the end of the year. Winterfang hit the nail on the head with his analogy. Those lines, those curves, those colors... all of it is attractive to me. I've been waiting for something curvacious from one of these manufacturers, so heres hoping the Pure View looks close to that concept as possible.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Design looks interesting. I wouldn't rule it out. I've seen the pictures the 808 Pureview can take and they are incredible. Light years beyond ANY phone out there and in the league of some high quality digital SLRs.

It's a brilliant idea that would not only solve the most common problems of even the best cellphone camera, i.e. no optical zoom, poor low light performance, but also make photos of a never before seen quality possible on a phone. Basically the phone would make a digital camera completely unnecessary.

Hopefully Nokia has patented the crap out of this technology so the Korean phone makers can't rip it off.

I can't wait to see it appearing on some WP8 phones. That is going to be awesome and it will be a real selling point for Nokia's Windows Phones, especially if Apple and the Android me-too copycats can't even come close to matching it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro