Windows Phone 8 Watch & Business Phone?

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
According to the guys over at PC Plus there will be four forms of Windows 8:

Windows 8 for PC's.
Windows 8 Tablets (5-7 inch).
Windows 8 Phones - with a forward-facing keyboard for business users.
Windows 8 Phone Watch - Like an iPod Nano.

Colour me intrigued by the Windows Phone watch!! Since I was a kid I have wanted a phone watch.... maybe too many episodes of Knight Rider to blame! But, seriously... with everything syncing via the cloud, I would love for the option to leave my phone at home on a night out and equip the phone watch.

:cool:

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree regarding the miniature tablets, but I'm hopeful for the Windows Phone watch.... at least, I'm intrigued to know more about it.

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Well let me rephrase so my anger can be better understood... How is it they can put phone guts in a wrist watch but not into a tablet? The phone to tablet is the natural progression isn't it? Now there skipping to watches? Hmmm.....

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't get too upset just yet. For starters this article isn't very clear; for all we know the mini tablets WILL also function as a phone. And, secondly... there were rumours months ago that Windows 8 tablets will be able to make telephone calls.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

geeksix

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well let me rephrase so my anger can be better understood... How is it they can put phone guts in a wrist watch but not into a tablet? The phone to tablet is the natural progression isn't it? Now there skipping to watches? Hmmm.....

Screw that, I want my brain implant + Hud already dammit! Also, Where's my hoverboard!!! :lol:

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If it accommodates the BB crowd, I'm not complaining.

the BB crowd would be better accomodated by RIM going 6 ft under so their company's draconian device policies would have to allow something other than those little lumps of coal known as Curve 3Gs

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
According to the guys over at PC Plus there will be four forms of Windows 8:

Windows 8 for PC's.
Windows 8 Tablets (5-7 inch).
Windows 8 Phones - with a forward-facing keyboard for business users.
Windows 8 Phone Watch - Like an iPod Nano.

Colour me intrigued by the Windows Phone watch!! Since I was a kid I have wanted a phone watch.... maybe too many episodes of Knight Rider to blame! But, seriously... with everything syncing via the cloud, I would love for the option to leave my phone at home on a night out and equip the phone watch.

:cool:

I think thats a bogus article and the image is bogus too. Looks very photoshopped. Definitely not a scan of an actual newspaper or periodical as its made to look like.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I think thats a bogus article and the image is bogus too. Looks very photoshopped. Definitely not a scan of an actual newspaper or periodical as its made to look like.

Doh! You got me! I just made up the whole thing and photoshop'd something together because I was bored. . .

:dry

gregoron

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Maybe the watch is the phone for the tablet.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I agree regarding the miniature tablets, but I'm hopeful for the Windows Phone watch.... at least, I'm intrigued to know more about it.
Would probably work how the "Pebble Smart Watches" concept will work. Time, bluetooth integration for SMS, Email, Weather (vibrate feedback for new messages, music, etc), GPS, and some other nifty features. I will love to see a FF Camera in the watch for video chat on the go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss