Do you think the next htc apollo device will be just a recycled one x with beats

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I really think htc just makes recycled android devices. Not good if they want their sales to rise with android. So do you think the new high end htc wp8 device to just be a recycled one x with beats? While I am curious of how it would turn out for them.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
The One line shows HTC is getting serious about Android. If they see potential in Apollo, I think it's plausible that they will create a similarly unified line for Windows Phone.

I'm fairly certain HTC will be the second best Windows Phone manufacturer (behind Nokia). Samsung is the one guilty of rehashing designs, and I don't see LG, ZTE or Acer releasing a truly interesting high-end option. HTC has provided its fair share of Windows Phone exclusives, such as the Mozart, Radar and Titan II.

rbf1337

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
If you take apart an HTC phone and a similar spec'd Samsung phone, you'll notice how much better engineered the Samsung device is. While looking cool is good enough for some people, I'd rather have the best components on the inside where it actually matters. Not so mention Samsung devices are meant to be easily repairable while the other manufacturers basically make disposable devices.

That said Samsung phones definitely are on the conservative side aesthetically.

Welve

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
If you take apart an HTC phone and a similar spec'd Samsung phone, you'll notice how much better engineered the Samsung device is. While looking cool is good enough for some people, I'd rather have the best components on the inside where it actually matters. Not so mention Samsung devices are meant to be easily repairable while the other manufacturers basically make disposable devices.

as an owner of the original Galaxy S, this doesn't mean a thing: the galaxy S was the phone that drove me away from Android and I will never, unless I have to, buy a Samsung device ever again...They might make good screens, but I don't trust them at all for cellphones

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious, because people get up in arms about similar designs for Windows Phones and Android phones from the same manufacturer. Why should there really be any major difference? Shouldn't we just accept that that is the manufacturers design language for that generation of devices and ALL of their devices are derived from it?

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I really think htc just makes recycled android devices. Not good if they want their sales to rise with android. So do you think the new high end htc wp8 device to just be a recycled one x with beats? While I am curious of how it would turn out for them.

The one series isn't recycled, it's a brand new look and feel for htc. Maybe they recycle with the carriers but that happens with every OS.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

Samsung doesn't make that good of phones build wise + their software and radios are awful, look how many issues there seems to be with samsung phones and reception. HTC> samsung when it comes to quality of phones and actually being able to use the phone as a phone.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious, because people get up in arms about similar designs for Windows Phones and Android phones from the same manufacturer. Why should there really be any major difference? Shouldn't we just accept that that is the manufacturers design language for that generation of devices and ALL of their devices are derived from it?

I agree. It doesn't make fiscal sense for a manufacturer sense to spend the money on an original design for--let's be honest--an OS with miniscule marketshare. I'm all for it, especially with a nice design like the One X. And with Apollo, the specs can match too. I'd buy it, but my HD7, combined with the well-documented issues with the Titan, kinda burned me on HTC phones for now. My next device will likely be the Pureview WP from Nokia.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Not to mention the almighty Nokia did it too...

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Is shows minimal effort on behalf of the OEM to differentiate the WP option and many feel a WP device should have a unique design to match the OS, which is what Nokia has achieved with the Lumia 800 & 900 to much acclaim. And up till now no android phone has been memorable from a design standpoint, mainly focusing on the internals and physical dimentions so really not too much there to want to emulate.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
For any OEM, be it WP or Android, the key is to bring good design to the fold to fight against Apple at its own game. Thus far, only Nokia and to a lesser extent HTC with its One lineup has done so.

And rehashed designs are done by any OEM. Apple's iPhone has remained untouched for 5 years, Nokia's definitely guilty of it too with many E71 designs, the N9 look, and the 710 too, and we all know what we like to say about HTC and their uninspired designs.

So, no surprises given the news of the S3 rehash.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
For any OEM, be it WP or Android, the key is to bring good design to the fold to fight against Apple at its own game. Thus far, only Nokia and to a lesser extent HTC with its One lineup has done so.

And rehashed designs are done by any OEM. Apple's iPhone has remained untouched for 5 years, Nokia's definitely guilty of it too with many E71 designs, the N9 look, and the 710 too, and we all know what we like to say about HTC and their uninspired designs.

So, no surprises given the news of the S3 rehash.
I agree HTC does need to think big on their hardware. but the one X design is a good start for them. But I think they need to different themselves from their androids a little more. Samsung......god disappointing that i heard that they just recycling their S3 design. but that's a rumour.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Is shows minimal effort on behalf of the OEM to differentiate the WP option and many feel a WP device should have a unique design to match the OS, which is what Nokia has achieved with the Lumia 800 & 900 to much acclaim.

The Lumia 800 and 900 are acclaimed because they are good designs, not because they are unique and catered to the WP OS. They aren't, its a derivation of the design of the N9.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Is shows minimal effort on behalf of the OEM to differentiate the WP option and many feel a WP device should have a unique design to match the OS, which is what Nokia has achieved with the Lumia 800 & 900 to much acclaim. And up till now no android phone has been memorable from a design standpoint, mainly focusing on the internals and physical dimentions so really not too much there to want to emulate.

the 800 and 900 look like older nokia devices( ala N9) or did you fail to notice that device? Nokia does the same thing...

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
If we get a WP One X clone on Verizon then sign me up. I really couldn't care less about whether it's a recycled Android design or not, it still looks nice and has some great hardware. OEMs don't care about differentiating for WP, they care about differentiating their own brand and making it recognizable. And that's fine.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe people are complaining if they got a one x version on wp. That is a great device and hands down better than anything currently running wp7

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

Too bad the Samsung WP models have had problems with updates (focus 1.4) and even the focus flash has freezing and touchscreen issues so much for that. My HD7 by comparison has been solid with no lockups or problems.
I can't believe people are complaining if they got a one x version on wp. That is a great device and hands down better than anything currently running wp7

It probably still lags over WP at basic tasks, see the #smokedbywindowsphone articles and the speed reading article.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
It probably still lags over WP at basic tasks, see the #smokedbywindowsphone articles and the speed reading article.

Those aren't really any indication of performance those tasks were all rigged to favor wp adn still got beat by phones that are lesser than the one series. Never once did they do any task that showed performance of the phones. I think it would have been a much different story had they done so and think that is why they didn't.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Those aren't really any indication of performance those tasks were all rigged to favor wp adn still got beat by phones that are lesser than the one series. Never once did they do any task that showed performance of the phones. I think it would have been a much different story had they done so and think that is why they didn't.

As someone who has a Razr, an iPad, and a Trophy, the Trophy performs the best in every possible field except screen quality. My iPads screen is phenomenal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon