the next samsung apollo phone!!!

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
4.8" screen???? Man, I'm hoping we will still have good options for screens in the 4-4.3" range. Anything above that is just too much for me to handle (get your mind out the gutter, fool! :p)

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
samsung surely has its stuff together. they are very intuitive. every year they release a galaxy device ahead of its competition. i strongly feel like this is what we need to succeed. we need manufactures like samsung to be on board, and get us devices like this. from everything ive read, we are getting a gs3 windows phone running apollo later this year, that could very well be my next phone!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Dont see the appeal, design wise. Its still basically a shiny plastic slab and the specs will be the same across all WP8 devices so whatever Samsung makes is also possible with Nokia and HTC. I think these two will bring something really special looking for WP8.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I actually think Samsung's GS3 was a snoozefest. I think the HTC One series as well as our Titan II by HTC are more exciting than the GS3. I say this while having a STRONG dislike for HTC.

RIM's BlackBerry 10 event > Samsung's G3 event

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
just so you know, it really hurt me to say such nice things about sammy... they might have won me over htc , MAYBE! nothing in stone yet-

honestly I was wondering why you had even posted this in the first place..

I was like * doesn't he hate Samsung?* lol
:lol:

but it is a UGLY looking phone , I hope the new Samsung WP8 will look more like the FOCUS (original) I love the look and feel of it. just need a bigger screen and better specs.

I love the *cheap plastic feel* Ive had my focus for 2 years , dropped it more times then I can count and i dont have a single broken thing on it. so its not THAT CHEAP! lol

Last edited:

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Who is to say that Samsung would use their top hardware on a Windows phone. Sure they said they would be on board with Windows 8/Apollo, but I haven't heard too much enthusiasm from them yet.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Nexus that is 4.6" and I don't think that is too big at all. (It's sitting in my drawer because it has terrible battery life and signal) but I'm really ok with the size. The problem is those damn big screens suck the life out of the battery, especially Android and its free-for-all of apps running all the time.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
That may be so, but I don't know how anybody could tell. The GNext is pentile but the screen looks pretty damn good, at least for the 10 minutes it stays on until the battery dies. :)

I don't know, is it noticeable with such a high pixel density? I've never seen a GNex in person lol.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't know, is it noticeable with such a high pixel density? I've never seen a GNex in person lol.

Like Shark87 said, it's supposed to show up more with white. I have always avoided white backgrounds and such because white is supposed to be a battery drainer for amoled. I just pulled it out and looked at some white icons and maybe I can see something.. I dunno.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
You usually can't tell if a display is Pentile until the screen has a lot of white on it. Then it gets a bit noticeable.

Like Shark87 said, it's supposed to show up more with white. I have always avoided white backgrounds and such because white is supposed to be a battery drainer for amoled. I just pulled it out and looked at some white icons and maybe I can see something.. I dunno.

Lol isn't that annoying then since a lot of websites have a white background?

And what about red? Isn't the Pentile matrix RGBG, so there's less red subpixels? I remember on my DVP, I didn't use red as my theme because of that.

Anyway, I totally expected the display for the SGSIII to be HD SuperAMOLED Plus, with a normal RGB matrix.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Im really hopping for the SUPPER AMOLED HD....the *Plus* is old ;) lol

for sure dual-core is comming.. not quad.

honestly at the end of the day im just hoping for a nice WP that wont run me 1000$ and can actually run the top games decently. :giggle:

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Im really hopping for the SUPPER AMOLED HD....the *Plus* is old ;) lol

for sure dual-core is comming.. not quad.

honestly at the end of the day im just hoping for a nice WP that wont run me 1000$ and can actually run the top games decently. :giggle:

Lol what you want is HD Super AMOLED Plus. (Too bad it doesn't exist yet)

HD = HD
Super = ?
Plus = Not Pentile

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte