Windows Phone 8 Concept

Mon-El

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Thought I'd put together a few things I'd like to see in Windows Phone 8. Okay, maybe not the background image but I have a feeling MS might make it look a little more like the Windows 8 Metro screen. Anyway, what do you think? What do you want to see in WP8?

WIndows Phone 8 by idlelimey, on Flickr

I was going to use a HTC One X for the phone to highlight WP8's ability to use multi-core processors which should make it easier to port some of the better Android handsets over to WP8, but it uses a different aspect ratio so it wouldn't have worked out. Nokia 900 will do just fine though.

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I like the idea of a notification center. The double arrow in your concept doesn't make sense though. It would have to be one on the right and another on the left edge of the screen but then it would be too much clutter.

Better lock screen notifications would be nice. 3rd party access to lock screen notifications is an ESSENTIAL feature that needs to be implemented in Apollo.

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I LOVE that concept, and if that came to fruition, I would be completely satisfied.(as long as they fix the way "multitasking" works)

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
it looks like windows phone 7 with notification center and background nothing exciting here

Because Windows Phone 7's layout is good, and a notification center would be great. Plus having universal search from the OS level, searching through messages and email would be amazing.

Mon-El

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Understand the comment about double arrow and did consider putting them either side but it didn't feel right.

I'm thinking about the lock screen at the moment but struggling with the idea of too much info on there. You're right though, better notifications on lock would be great.

Thanks for the feedback so far, ultimately we're the ones using this fine OS so nobody's opinion matters more. if there's anything you'd like to see in this mock-up let me know.

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the apps should be in a "list" anymore on the right side. The homescreen thing is fine I guess, but I've found that just a list of apps is really...dumb. At least on Zune you can pull down and it'll scroll to the bottom, but not WP7.

I think the list of apps needs to be redone, and the homescreen needs a touchup.

I always suggested WP7 needed to be like CoolIris: Demo Preview: Wall of Photos by Cooliris - YouTube

uberlaff

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
This is exactly how I'm picturing it. Somewhere in-between Windows 8 and Windows Phone 7.

I like it but not sold on a separate notification center (it's kind of like admitting live tiles don't work).

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the apps should be in a "list" anymore on the right side. The homescreen thing is fine I guess, but I've found that just a list of apps is really...dumb. At least on Zune you can pull down and it'll scroll to the bottom, but not WP7.

I think the list of apps needs to be redone, and the homescreen needs a touchup.

I always suggested WP7 needed to be like CoolIris: Demo Preview: Wall of Photos by Cooliris - YouTube

I really like that list of app. I think the jump list works great and the design is simple.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99