Would you buy a 5.3 inch Windows Phone (like the Galaxy Note?)

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Or, similarly, a Windows 8 phone in that form factor? I have read rumors of Samsung and Nokia about a "hybrid device" and I am hoping that is what they are talking about. I am rocking a Samsung Focus right now, and used to have a Titan (screen shattered). That Titan gave me a taste of what I am really looking for, and I'm super attracted to the Galaxy Note and hoping that with Apollo we might get a device this size.

alex6272

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I would not buy a phone that large. I'm looking for something larger than my current 3.8 inch screen but I personally think the Note is ridiculous- and I don't think the idea of a "phablet" helps with that. This is just my opinion obviously.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I think it would feel just fine in my hands, but I'm not sure about my pockets. I would worry about it looking ridiculous, and I sometimes put my Trophy in the same pocket as my keys (with the screen facing away), and I'm not sure that would work with such a big phone.

I've felt so deprived on Verizon that I'd pretty much buy any new phone with a good camera and an AMOLED screen, though.

AzD

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a 7" Android tablet and a 4.3" WP so no, I wouldn't buy a 5+ inch WP. But if I only could have one device I would look long and hard at a Note-sized phone. If that were the case I would prefer it be a Windows phone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
No. I am looking forward to a 10"-11" RT tablet to compliment my 4.3" L900. No interest in a 5.3" phone, especially with a stylus. Been there, done that for 15 years with Palm Pilots, Pocket PCs and WM.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
the note is too big, i wouldn't like to hold that to my ear.

i think 4.5 inch would be ideally the max for a phone.

the old n810 had the 4.3in which i always thought was really nice.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The Note is too big. I like belt holsters, but I cannot imagine carrying something the size of the Note in one.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually looking to go down a bit in size... I'm hoping Nokia delivers a pureview with a 3.8"-4" CB SAMOLED+ at least QHD rez (720p at that size would be more than needed) and dual core. Don't care about LTE.

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
i would buy it for browsing gaming listening to music and watching movie or typing text like a entertainment gadget but i wouldn't take it with me as a daily phone for work
i consider 4.3 to 4.7 perfect screen for smartphone since i have big hands i tried 3.5-3.7 phones i always press the wrong keys:confused:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm with the others. I have a 3.7" now but, I want larger for reading, videos and games. Going over 5" is in the tablet range. As I agree a larger display would be usefull but, day to day uses are most important.

If it can't fit in my pocket, it does not fit the need. 4.3-4.5 would be the sweetspot. No a belt clip wont work, It needs to fit in a pocket with no issues or large bulk...

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I think 4.7 or 4.8 is the biggest to be carried around comfortably.

I'd love the bigger screen of Note, but you need a separate bag just
to carry around the phone. For ladies may be, for a guy without a hand bag
I'd say No.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers