Would you buy a 5.3 inch Windows Phone (like the Galaxy Note?)

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
well I'm used to a 5" device since I currently have a dell streak. I'm hoping they do come out with a device about the same rime as thw streak so I can have the screen size. the lowest I will go is 4.7 the screen is tough to gice up after having ot for so long

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
That's too much real estate for me. I keep my phone on my hip and a phone that size would be like hanging a small novel off my belt.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Who's judging? I'm just wondering why technology that was laughed at just a few years ago is being regarded as the cat's meow today. I'm all about choice but it seems as if every time the prevailing winds of tastes change, we're all stuck with the flavor of the month. You got me all wrong, I WANT choices. I mention all these devices from the past because it sucks they're no longer around. Maybe some of the younger members here don't know they ever existed and think it's not possible. Technology is not a fashion item and shouldn't be dictated by what's "cool" this season.
It's the consumerization of IT. Tech nowadays absolutely is a fashion statement. Some people define themselves by their phone. Consumers are fickle. This is why Apple will fall and they will fall hard. Read "The Sneetches" by Dr. Seuss and you will understand. It's a lesson that has stuck with me into adulthood.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Seeing how the Note has been the absolute surprise hit of the year (and I was one of the posters who thought it would not do well at all. Ooops. Goes right next to my pick of San Antonio beating Oklahoma City in 5 games prediction....), a WP 8 style Note may well be a hit. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see this large of a phone not do as well if the market was flooded with them. Overall, 4.3" give or take .3 in either direction seems to be the best sizes.

Me? I actually want a 4.0" slider with a physical keyboard, or a 4.5" - 4.7" slab if no keyboard.

My wife? She would leap all over an over 5.0" WP. She was TICKED there was an Android bigger than her Titan. Still is....

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Seeing how the Note has been the absolute surprise hit of the year (and I was one of the posters who thought it would not do well at all. Ooops. Goes right next to my pick of San Antonio beating Oklahoma City in 5 games prediction....), a WP 8 style Note may well be a hit. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see this large of a phone not do as well if the market was flooded with them. Overall, 4.3" give or take .3 in either direction seems to be the best sizes.

Me? I actually want a 4.0" slider with a physical keyboard, or a 4.5" - 4.7" slab if no keyboard.

My wife? She would leap all over an over 5.0" WP. She was TICKED there was an Android bigger than her Titan. Still is....
Care to pick OKC over my Heat?

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Only if they don't make the obvious device... a 10 inch phonlet! I'm already carrying a 10" tablet and a phone everywhere so lets eliminate one by combining the two. And why do people carry their phones in a pocket? Phone + pocket = Damage/broken! Put it in a case and there's no worries. I doubt I'll get what I want so something like the this is what I'll end up with. :straight:

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
No. I am looking forward to a 10"-11" RT tablet to compliment my 4.3" L900. No interest in a 5.3" phone, especially with a stylus. Been there, done that for 15 years with Palm Pilots, Pocket PCs and WM.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Why would you want to lug around two devices when you could just use the tablet?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Care to pick OKC over my Heat?
No way am I making it that easy on LeBron!!

I grew up in FLA, and have been a Bucs fan all my life, and a Magic fan since they hit the floor during that expansion. Watching Orlando implode this season would be bad enough, without your Heat positioning the salt shaker right above the open wound!!

Seriously, the OKC VS. Heat is the matchup everyone wanted. Should be a blast...

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure 4.3" is my sweet spot for size and functionality on a mobile phone. I'll have a tablet for times I need the extra space. 5.3" is way to big (for me).

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Damn Board Express
@Preluva. Because I won't be lugging the 10-11" tablet around. I will be using it around the house for browsing and blogging, and delegate the real chores, like: CAD, video editing and publishing to my hefty desktop.

Several years back, I read about an XP emulator. A 10-12" flat panel that would remain in the dock till you picked it up at which point your primary PC screen would go black and the wireless panel would emulate your screen. When I tried to buy one 3 months later, it was no where to be found. Will finally get what I have been waiting for these many years, in only a few months.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I'd be really tempted to buy one...ONLY if Nokia put the power button on TOP! With a phone that big you need all the space you can get to hold that sucker. But dang right I'd be all over it if HD clear black AMOLED screen at 5.3" with curved glass comes out.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I like the 4-5" area. I have a Focus, and I like the 4" screen, but I consider that to be the low limit. I think an iPhone is just too small. On the other side, I'd think the Note would be larger than I'd like to carry, I'd top out on something like the Titan 2.

LowRentTechGuy

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I think the galaxy nexus is a good size, I would love to see a WP8 device with about that size screen. But my hands are big enough to effectively use the device, that is also important.

amitsinh.thakur

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Most certainly... I actually am waiting for a "Samsung Galaxy Note W" to be launched... I love the form factor of the Note... It fits perfectly in my palms... so why not a Windows 8 Note version :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium