07-23-2012 01:53 PM
28 12
tools
    I would gladly buy my first holster to carry this Nokia beauty. The style itself speaks volumes. I AM TIRED OF STRAIGHT SLABS!!!!!
    07-22-2012 09:13 AM
    I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure it was mentioned at the developer even last week that Nokia have been working on WP8's camera app. They brought Lenses and many general improvements to the table. Why not PureView as well? If they were this involved then there's every chance that they were able to add PureView support in as well.
    It's more complicated than that apparently. Pureview needs a separate chip and is bulky. Not sure how well that would play with WP8...
    07-22-2012 12:19 PM
    It's more complicated than that apparently. Pureview needs a separate chip and is bulky. Not sure how well that would play with WP8...
    Yes, 808 PureView has the GPU integrated on the SoC, but the camera sensor itself has companion chip, that's only task is to handle the big loads coming from that sensor.

Nokia also co-developed the GPU with it's partner, that i believe is Broadcomm.
    Nokia 808 PureView: Your questions answered | Nokia Connects
    Damian Dinning’s interview with GSMarena. How 808 pureview handles one billion pixels per second for HD recording.:) Nokiapoweruser

This is what i mean when i talk that it wont be easy to just port it over. There's no SoC out in the market that supports Nokia's sensor. All around PureView is custom made by Nokia and it's partners, why it will be so hard to get it into WP that is all about not custom hardware and OS. Why all Nokia's other smartphones have pentaband, not in WP because Qualcomm SoC didn't support it.

That said that recent comment about PureView tech arriving to WP "soon" did give me some hope. I think at best we will see WP8 PureView announced, but it will come available later and hopefully not too watered down.
    vp710 likes this.
    07-23-2012 01:53 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD