PureView on Windows Phone?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
A WP Pureview will definitely be my first WP8 device. Hoping it'll come out by my next upgrade, next Aug. Probably have WP8.5 by then!

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
The hardware wouldn't be the hard part. With PureView, Nokia owned the OS. They could do whatever they wanted. With WP, Nokia is limited to what MS can do. But, Nokia has know about PureView from the start of this relationship, and I can only assume Microsoft has too. It's going to happen, but maybe not this year.

Those specs match up with what we now know for WP8, pretty much, right? Sound's possible. Hopefully we will see Nokia Lumia PureView (or Nokia Lumia pv900) this year, but I doubt it for above reasons.

Agree with you.

Just one point being that the first devices at least wont come with Adreno 320GPU, but with Adreno 225. Essentially same SoC found from One X.
Qualcomm confirms the SoC found from the launch WP8 devices (MSM8960, Adreno 225) | nokiagadgets.com

Supports upto 20MP. 41MP support on 808 was possible because of the internal GPU that was paired with another GPU inside the camera module itself. This is the kind special work that will probably take time in WP as Nokia can't just put whatever hardware it wants and make the drivers and software around it like could with Symbian.

Can't see it happening this year, hopefully somewhere in 1H of 2013.

Satchef1

May 2, 2012
Visit site
The hardware wouldn't be the hard part. With PureView, Nokia owned the OS. They could do whatever they wanted. With WP, Nokia is limited to what MS can do. But, Nokia has know about PureView from the start of this relationship, and I can only assume Microsoft has too. It's going to happen, but maybe not this year.

I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure it was mentioned at the developer even last week that Nokia have been working on WP8's camera app. They brought Lenses and many general improvements to the table. Why not PureView as well? If they were this involved then there's every chance that they were able to add PureView support in as well.

Adyhooper

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
There are so many Nokia phone have windows operating system. According to some rumours Nokia declared news about PureView Windows Phone project in USA. This Nokia Pureview will include Windows 8 version.

Last edited:

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure it was mentioned at the developer even last week that Nokia have been working on WP8's camera app. They brought Lenses and many general improvements to the table. Why not PureView as well? If they were this involved then there's every chance that they were able to add PureView support in as well.

It's more complicated than that apparently. Pureview needs a separate chip and is bulky. Not sure how well that would play with WP8...

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
It's more complicated than that apparently. Pureview needs a separate chip and is bulky. Not sure how well that would play with WP8...

Yes, 808 PureView has the GPU integrated on the SoC, but the camera sensor itself has companion chip, that's only task is to handle the big loads coming from that sensor.

Nokia also co-developed the GPU with it's partner, that i believe is Broadcomm.
Nokia 808 PureView: Your questions answered | Nokia Connects
Damian Dinning’s interview with GSMarena. How 808 pureview handles one billion pixels per second for HD recording.:) ? Nokiapoweruser

This is what i mean when i talk that it wont be easy to just port it over. There's no SoC out in the market that supports Nokia's sensor. All around PureView is custom made by Nokia and it's partners, why it will be so hard to get it into WP that is all about not custom hardware and OS. Why all Nokia's other smartphones have pentaband, not in WP because Qualcomm SoC didn't support it.

That said that recent comment about PureView tech arriving to WP "soon" did give me some hope. I think at best we will see WP8 PureView announced, but it will come available later and hopefully not too watered down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss