10-03-2012 12:25 AM
53 123
tools
    If MS announces Nokia will be making a WP8 Surface phone with PureView and Rich Recording, it would be the most advanced, feature rich phone ever produced.
    06-23-2012 01:50 AM
    How do you like this people?

Mitlov and 12Danny123 like this.
    06-25-2012 01:50 PM

Click to view quoted image
    i told him not to use a washing machine to clean my Microsoft surface :@

the black rectangular around camera too large other than that it look nice
    Last edited by torchxit; 06-25-2012 at 02:41 PM.
    06-25-2012 02:30 PM

Click to view quoted image
    Saw that too. I have to say it's a nice looking mockup, though I think more could be done with the styling like Surface has with its covers.
    vp710 likes this.
    06-25-2012 02:36 PM
    Saw that too. I have to say it's a nice looking mockup, though I think more could be done with the styling like Surface has with its covers.
    And add a kickstand too.
    06-25-2012 02:44 PM
    And add a kickstand too.
    I'd have to disagree with you on that one. It'd ruin the sleek design. Plus, personally, I find watching anything longer than a youtube video on a 4" screen odd.
    vp710 likes this.
    06-25-2012 02:46 PM
    I don't like it, is basically an iPhone 4Gs.
    06-25-2012 05:45 PM
    I would as long as it had a fantabulous camera
    06-25-2012 06:14 PM
    I think Microsoft should make its own phone. Just one model, not a complete lineup. I think they should offer it on every carrier (like the Galaxy S III, which is even available on US Cellular). I think that the phone should share the aesthetic of the Surface tablet (matte magnesium case, very angular and monolithic, integrated kickstand).

It wouldn't be meant to replace third-party hardware, but as a kick in the pants of certain companies who aren't "trying very hard" with recent WP designs (Samsung and HTC in particular). And as long as Nokia is only selling the 900 through AT&T, it'd give people on other carriers a chance to get something nicer than the normal Arrive/Trophy/etc mix of WP phones.
    vp710 and power5 like this.
    06-25-2012 06:48 PM
    Looks like window will in fact be making the surface phone after all!
    Rumor: Microsoft to launch its own branded Windows Phone for H1 2013 | WPAppInfo
    10-01-2012 03:28 PM
    Looks like window will in fact be making the surface phone after all!

Rumor: Microsoft to launch its own branded Windows Phone for H1 2013 | WPAppInfo
    I don't think so.
    10-02-2012 12:13 AM
    i would!!! i actually said this yesterday " microsoft should have made their own flagship phone"
    hence the surface phone... i actually really like the name and branding too

way to go MS!!!
    Way to go what? They aren't actually making a phone...
    10-02-2012 01:18 AM
    a beauty, I like it...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    10-02-2012 02:22 AM
    I don't like it, is basically an iPhone 4Gs.
    That's fair. But wait - why did you say this?:

"I would love Microsoft to release a phone that's as good looking at the iPhone."

~~~~~~~~~~

I'd love to see a Surface Phone - it would compliment my RT perfectly.
    10-02-2012 07:52 AM
    I think Microsoft should make its own phone. Just one model, not a complete lineup. I think they should offer it on every carrier (like the Galaxy S III, which is even available on US Cellular). I think that the phone should share the aesthetic of the Surface tablet (matte magnesium case, very angular and monolithic, integrated kickstand).

It wouldn't be meant to replace third-party hardware, but as a kick in the pants of certain companies who aren't "trying very hard" with recent WP designs (Samsung and HTC in particular). And as long as Nokia is only selling the 900 through AT&T, it'd give people on other carriers a chance to get something nicer than the normal Arrive/Trophy/etc mix of WP phones.
    Yes, it would be nice to have the same device on all carriers. Samsung, HTC, Nokia, etc are not going to do it. ****, MS could use it as advertising. Sell the devices for much less markup than the likes of Apple who seems to sell the phones to carriers at practically no discount off retail price.
    10-02-2012 07:53 AM
    I'm in the no camp.

As Microsoft already tightly control the OS, i can't see there would be any software advantage to owning a complete Microsoft phone, all you'd do is lose the extra stuff you get from Nokia, HTC, etc.

Microsoft also tightly control the chipsets that WP runs on, so i can't imagine you'd see anything revolutionary hardware wise.

Personally i'd be much more interested in a Microsoft virtual carrier. So Microsoft use some other companies network, but they control the packages, the phone subsidies, the updates etc. Its certainly possible in the UK, where companies like Tesco already do it.
    10-02-2012 08:22 AM
    Personally i'd be much more interested in a Microsoft virtual carrier. So Microsoft use some other companies network, but they control the packages, the phone subsidies, the updates etc. Its certainly possible in the UK, where companies like Tesco already do it.
    That's a very interesting thought.

But it might wander dangerously into unfair monopoly territory maybe. At least as far as communication governing bodies are concerned.
    10-02-2012 09:43 AM
    Can you imagine if Microsoft came up with its own line of "Surface" phones? I'd love to see someone come up with such a concept.

Would it be something interesting to you guys? Do you think that, just like the Surface, a Microsoft made phone would give an incentive for manufacturers to come up with better products?
    Well look at you predicting the future and stuff..............:)
    10-02-2012 02:11 PM
    I would if it is a flagship quality phone W/SD Card support. my lumia w/7.8 would hold me over just fine.
    10-02-2012 02:14 PM
    I hope this is really, a great phone so those disappointing first wave of WP8 devices won't repeat again.

No more half-bake devices, no more Android hand me downs, no more of the same thing. Time to take Windows Phone seriously, give me a device that runs miles around the Android phones.

Leave them in the dust.
    10-02-2012 06:01 PM
    Only if Microsoft gave me something better than Nokia's OIS. Like some sort of badarse Kinect style magic that captures images better than the 920.
    10-02-2012 06:15 PM
    Microsoft needs to match the specs in the lumia 920 to sway me at this point.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    10-02-2012 06:39 PM
    ....But it might wander dangerously into unfair monopoly territory maybe. At least as far as communication governing bodies are concerned.
    That's a very good point. I just read an article the other day about Microsoft being hammered in European court over some issues.
    10-02-2012 07:05 PM
    Microsoft needs to match the specs in the lumia 920 to sway me at this point.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    The 920 specs aren't that great. Is basically a Galaxy 2 Skyrocket with significant improvements in the camera department.
    10-02-2012 07:56 PM
    Yes, it would be nice to have the same device on all carriers. Samsung, HTC, Nokia, etc are not going to do it. ****, MS could use it as advertising. Sell the devices for much less markup than the likes of Apple who seems to sell the phones to carriers at practically no discount off retail price.
    Well HTC might do it...they promised 150 carriers in 50 countries for the 8X and 8S. Hopefully most or all of those carriers will be getting the 8X instead of the attractive-but-entry-level-spec 8S.

As I see it, the problem with the Lumia 920 is carrier availability, and the problem with the 8S is that it's more of an upper-midrange phone (comparable to the HTC One S) than a true flagship (comparable to the HTC One X). Samsung and Apple both sell a true flagship phone on just about every carrier...WP8 needs the same, and neither HTC nor Nokia seem poised to do so.
    10-02-2012 08:02 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD