New htc wp8 roadmap and devices!!!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey HTC Fans:

While no idea what price point or carriers yet, HTC jumped quick on this bandwagon with three new devices: A baby bear (HTC Rio), a Momma Bear (HTC Accord), and a monster 4.7" (Titan 3?) QUAD-CORE popa bear (HTC Zenith)!!

HTC Windows Phone 8 roadmap leaks out

This link is via the Verge through Phone Arena, so the credit where credit is due department is covered....

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like the one s/one x. Its hard to get excited when it's technology that exist now, however if it comes out this year I would be really really really happy.

Also what the H at the low end phone? It has worst specs that current devices but it's getting Windows Phone 8? Say what.

trazer

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I like the sound of the Zenith, but only 8mp is weak with the Titan II already being at 16mp. I'm also suspect of the quad core, but would be happy to be surprised!

At this point though I'm wanting a Nokia, as long as I get 4.5" screen or better I'm going to Nokia.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about that, the camera is probably the same as the one on the One X, which is miles ahead of the Titan 2 ;-).

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
You know, Fang, that kinda escaped me in my excitement. Valid point....

Its not valid, it has the S4 Plus chipset, that is miles ahead of what we have now, which is the S2. No comparison to current handsets.

Sounds like the one s/one x. Its hard to get excited when it's technology that exist now, however if it comes out this year I would be really really really happy.

So what exactly is going to get you excited? 20 cores, 8GB of RAM?

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
On the one hand this is still playing catch up to high end hardware already available, notably the HTC One Series. On the other hand, hardware is getting so damn good that its now a matter of diminishing returns and the real differences are in the software.

WP8 running on an HTC One X will still be a better experience on 6 month old hardware than brand new hardware running Android 6 months from now.

Edit: Per theefman it will be much newer hardware.

Its not valid, it has the S4 Plus chipset, that is miles ahead of what we have now, which is the S2. No comparison to current handsets.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

So what exactly is going to get you excited? 20 cores, 8GB of RAM?

a phone that's not a me too hand me down. Something made with Windows Phone in mind, not just a One X with another OS, my as well get the original.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
a phone that's not a me too hand me down. Something made with Windows Phone in mind, not just a One X with another OS, my as well get the original.

Then I guess Nokia is your best hope since samsung seems to be cloning the gsIII for their own WP8 device.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Nokia is cloning the N9 with its lumia series and the preview device will probably look like the 808. I'm tired of clones, I want the original, I want the best. I want a phone that gives me the feeling I got when I saw the surface tablet.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Nokia is cloning the N9 with its lumia series and the preview device will probably look like the 808. I'm tired of clones, I want the original, I want the best. I want a phone that gives me the feeling I got when I saw the surface tablet.

Don't know what to tell you then. Sounds like you'll never be satisfied and that's no way to get through life. For me I'd get either, don't really care about dual core/quad core/etc, either will beat any Android phone out.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The difference is htc & samsung have stuck to the same old black slab design for years, at least the N9/800/900 brought unique design elements and to me are preferable. I bet though that Nokia is not going to use the same design again.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
And the Universal and original Touch Pro. But they decided not to continue with unique designs but just to recycle stuff. Sad, back in the day we had devices like the Imate Ultimate, Moto 300x. All that seems to be gone now, everyone seems to be chasing the iphone form factor and have forgotten the best days of mobile gone by. Until one OEM realises they can clean up with an innovative device, then they'll all be at it. If the Pureview is anything to go by at least Nokia is thinking outside the box and thats why I think they are the most likely to have great new designs for WP8.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I'll be satisfy pretty easily. Give me a high end phone that's not a copy. All the other OS have that, why not us?

Because Android came first.

Also what the H at the low end phone? It has worst specs that current devices but it's getting Windows Phone 8? Say what.

So? Don't buy it.

Plus, the 3GS is still for sale, and that thing has really old hardware.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to buy it, the thing is I'm going to T-mobile when my contract runs out next year and while the GS3 and ONE X are fantastic, they where made with Android in mind.

T-mobile will probably get the accord, which is the equivalent of the OneS but even better since it has LCD2 :), which is amazing, as some people love that size and want the very best. We also know that at least on Android that dual core ship is better than the quad-core one.

But here is the thing, I want it to look badass, Like those old school HTC phones, like the pure or diamond or pro. I know that Samsung will copy the galaxy exactly but I expect more from HTC.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i fully expect we will see One series refreshes that carry these exact specs before the WP8 counterparts. These phones don't match the current specs of the One series, only because Microsoft dictates these resolutions that the One series don't share right now.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'll be satisfy pretty easily. Give me a high end phone that's not a copy. All the other OS have that, why not us?

Well Nokia entered to WP after Mango announcement and created 710, 800 and 900 under a year when the normal developement cycle according to Nokia exec was 12-14 months. So it's kind of expected that design from Nokia 603 and N9 where used.

That said there has been quite a bit rumors from example some long time Nokia insiders with solid history (dsmobile to those who follow Nokia)that at one of the first wave WP8 devices will be slimmer 800 with bigger screen than 900 and curved screen like 800 and N9.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb