Microsoft Windows Surface Phone 8!

anon(5344611)

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I don't think it looks or would feel better than a Lumia 800. Kinda reminds me of an Omnia 7 (though less rounded, of course), and the Lumia was a huge upgrade for me, visually and ergonomically.

Adyhooper

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft launch its new windows 8 operating system for mobile phone. Nokia will publish new phone on 5th September, 2012 and Samsung is currently working on its new 11 inch tablet which is also running on Windows 8 version.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Hmm... Maybe they're secretly waiting for Nokia's stock to drop even further. Whilst that sounds cruel, it also sounds very wise as a business.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

If that was the plan its on hold now their market cap is up my a third in the last several weeks. They're not out of the woods yet but its looking better.

TallPaul86

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
That is one **** of a sexy device!! If UK retailers had those in stock, they could do connected deals with a Microsoft Surface RT tablets

Aww man it's really nice however on the other side of the coin, it is just a concept - unless microsoft come out and release a Nexus-like Surface Line up of Windows Phone 8 devices there's no point drooling over a phone that doesnt physically exist... yet!

I wonder what Nokia will have in store for us on Sept 5th in terms of design...

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
If Microsoft were to release the pictured device, I'd buy one and most likely be compelled to have the same kind of inappropriate affection for it that John Malkovitch or Martin Scorsese have for Siri.

As pictured, it really does look remarkable.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Looks a lot like an iPhone 4 tbh. That's no bad thing, but I think they could do better.

I don't agree except from the front view straight on, and only if the display were off (obviously, there's no confusion between iOS and WP8). The non-glass back and non-antenna sides make it dramatically different otherwise.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but since day 1 I had a question. Who has made the Surface? No, I mean the literal physical device. OEM if you like. Is it Acer?

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
If that was the plan its on hold now their market cap is up my a third in the last several weeks. They're not out of the woods yet but its looking better.

Good news. :)

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but since day 1 I had a question. Who has made the Surface? No, I mean the literal physical device. OEM if you like. Is it Acer?

It was made by Microsoft themselves, deep underground in a bunker.

.... no joke. :)

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
if you are going to go square, do square. Ditch the oval buttons and oval openings. Make very small radiused corners on squares or trapezoids like the profile shape. Either way I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Can we combine the two threads on this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss