should MS should design a MS surface like phone and give money to Nokia make it?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I really think MS should actually do this because MS would also make the design and Nokia will make it and get money as well. If they do this I think the surface phone would be the first phone to release with Wp8 and then the other OEMs come in and release theirs.

So do think it's a good idea or not?

Last edited:

rbrunner

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Surface phone?

I am really confused about what you mean with "surface phone". What's that, why is it special and why would it need Microsoft to design it?

Nokia designs smartphones for many years, in fact designed some of the first phones that deserved the name "smartphone", so it is well capable of designing a WP8 smartphone all on its own.

For a first basic WP8 phone that is "early out of the gate" after the release of WP8 just take the Lumia 900 design, put in double the RAM and a somewhat stronger CPU, and there you are. No magic or Microsoft help required, IMHO.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft created the Surface because the hardware partners weren't delivering. Nokia, Samsung and HTC have been in the phone game for ages, and as leaders of the industry. The same can't be said of HP, Dell, etc. and the newer tablet industry.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I am really confused about what you mean with "surface phone". What's that, why is it special and why would it need Microsoft to design it?

Nokia designs smartphones for many years, in fact designed some of the first phones that deserved the name "smartphone", so it is well capable of designing a WP8 smartphone all on its own.

For a first basic WP8 phone that is "early out of the gate" after the release of WP8 just take the Lumia 900 design, put in double the RAM and a somewhat stronger CPU, and there you are. No magic or Microsoft help required, IMHO.
it's basically a microsoft surface like phone

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I really think MS should actually do this because MS would also make the design and Nokia will make it and get money as well. If they do this I think the surface phone would be the first phone to release with Wp8 and then the other OEMs come in and release theirs.

So do think it's a good idea or not?
An even better idea would be for MS to give the Surface to Nokia and tell them to add the phone bits to it. No. I don't mean you would put it to your ear, you would have to add a bluetooth earpiece. This is the only option that would make any sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3