07-18-2012 04:24 PM
61 123
tools
    Amazing! I need dis NAOW!!!
    07-15-2012 09:50 PM
    Well I see the masses have spoken... They want a camera that also receives calls & text. Good luck with that! ;)
    07-16-2012 05:53 PM
    Without a doubt I am getting a Wp8 with pureview. I have never really been a camera guy, but I could see myself using this a ton!!
    07-18-2012 09:17 AM
    If the Nokia devices at the launch of WP8 aren't Pureview, will you guys hold off a few months until Pureview comes?

I think I recall a Nokia rep stating that by the Spring, everyone will be clamoring for a Nokia. They have some big things planned.

But WP8 likely comes out late this Fall.
    07-18-2012 12:37 PM
    If the Nokia devices at the launch of WP8 aren't Pureview, will you guys hold off a few months until Pureview comes?

I think I recall a Nokia rep stating that by the Spring, everyone will be clamoring for a Nokia. They have some big things planned.

But WP8 likely comes out late this Fall.
    My gut tells me that Pureview won't come out till spring either, because that's when the 900 (their flagship Lumia) was released. I'm hoping that a Pureview does come out this fall though, that way when I get my upgrade (August 2013), a 2nd generation Pureview with better specs will likely make an appearance :)
    07-18-2012 01:14 PM
    I think the 41MP version of Pureview won't be out on release, but I could be wrong easily. I do think we'll see a slimmed down version that's something like 16MP or so like the N8.
    07-18-2012 01:29 PM
    I would like a weather seal - or better water proof rugged - Pureview WP8 device that I can feel safe to run with or cycling with. Imagine one with 2 way radio build in, all the engineer will be walking around with one of those.
    07-18-2012 01:46 PM
    I think the 41MP version of Pureview won't be out on release, but I could be wrong easily. I do think we'll see a slimmed down version that's something like 16MP or so like the N8.
    Well I would wait till the "full" version of pureview comes out. I can live with my L900 for 6 more months.
    07-18-2012 01:53 PM
    My gut tells me that Pureview won't come out till spring either, because that's when the 900 (their flagship Lumia) was released. I'm hoping that a Pureview does come out this fall though, that way when I get my upgrade (August 2013), a 2nd generation Pureview with better specs will likely make an appearance :)
    aren't you mixing. spring in southern hemisphere to autumn in Northern?
    07-18-2012 02:51 PM
    aren't you mixing. spring in southern hemisphere to autumn in Northern?
    I have no idea. I just know about the seasons in the US.
    07-18-2012 02:54 PM
    the music player (Music sounds better on the Nokia 808 than on the Lumia due to dolby sorround. Plus there is an equalizer) and the better connectivity options.
    As a regular Headfier that has bucket loads of 100-400 euros in-ears and owns 808, 808 has one of the best sound qualities via 3.5mm than any other phone and it doesn't really have anything to do with dolby , but simply the chip inside. N8 was famous in the HiFi circles as well.

That custom hardware that Nokia uses on Symbian phones is a curse and a blessing in a same time.
    I kind of a fear for that on Windows Phone. People seem to forget that if Microsoft limits manufacturers using only one system on chip, Nokia can't either bring many of it's patent goodies and hardware innovations to Windows Phone.
    You can't just simply port some features over.
    07-18-2012 04:24 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD