Nokia VP: Pureview will come to Lumia devices ?very soon?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Then there will indeed be W8P Nokia Lumia devices as Sprint and Verizon both arent getting new WP devices until W8P, or so threy have said.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
how soon is "very soon" 6 months, a years? I hate when they talk like that. I'm hoping for WP8 launch

I'm content, for now, that they actually acknowledged Pureview coming to WP. Better than all of us assuming (rightfully so) that it is coming. :)

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
WP8 + PureView + apps + better notifications + better backup/restore = all I need to be satisfied with one device.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
how soon is "very soon" 6 months, a years? I hate when they talk like that. I'm hoping for WP8 launch

Most likely at WP8 launch and/or shortly after.

"Kerris believes that Nokia will innovate its way out of its current situation and that change will continue this Fall with new products. Kerris states that this Spring "people will be climbing over themselves" to get at the new Nokia products."

I'm thinking for Fall, they'll throw out some highend specs like 32GB (64GB?) w/ USB expandable storage, Quad core & NFC.

Then Spring they give us "bendable screens and a complete wrap around display so that when you want your device to be a camera, it looks like a camera" with Pureview tech.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Pureview needs to be first out of the gates for WP8...PERIOD

It can only help their sales. They definetely need something to differneciate themselves from the rest of the highend crowd. Their first bacth of Lumias brought us original designs, but their next sets need to step it up a notch to keep people interested.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I don't know if this is true or not, because I haven't found evidence over the net, but some commenters on blogs are claiming that Nokia "said" Pureview would come to WP in a downgraded form. By downgraded, I'm guessing they mean less than 41MP. People are saying that WP can't handle the camera sensors needed to process, like Symbian can.

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
It can only help their sales. They definetely need something to differneciate themselves from the rest of the highend crowd. Their first bacth of Lumias brought us original designs, but their next sets need to step it up a notch to keep people interested.

A fancy camera will do jack squat for sales! Every phone has a camera this is nothing new and will not differentiate anything. I don't care if it's 100K MP it's meaningless! When I want to take a picture I'll use the camera that I bought to (wait for it) TAKE PICTURES! When the moment I'm trying to capture is important I won't be using a phone.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
A fancy camera will do jack squat for sales! Every phone has a camera this is nothing new and will not differentiate anything. I don't care if it's 100K MP it's meaningless! When I want to take a picture I'll use the camera that I bought to (wait for it) TAKE PICTURES! When the moment I'm trying to capture is important I won't be using a phone.

Its obvious you don't care about camera tech on a phone. What is it that you care for or want to see in WP8? As for me, I haven't given up on the idea that one day I won't have to carry my point and shoot AND phone. I don't own a DSLR, and maybe someday I can afford one. But for now, I'm looking for direct replacement for P&S. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
When the moment I'm trying to capture is important I won't be using a phone.
Great to know you carry a camera around wherever you go. Guess what? Most people don't, and aren't interested in spending hundreds for a good DSLR. The 808's camera is comparable to point-and-shoots, which is suffice for most.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is true or not, because I haven't found evidence over the net, but some commenters on blogs are claiming that Nokia "said" Pureview would come to WP in a downgraded form. By downgraded, I'm guessing they mean less than 41MP. People are saying that WP can't handle the camera sensors needed to process, like Symbian can.

I think I read that somewhere, too. They're calling it "PureView light" if I recall correctly.

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
It kinda raises the question of "Where are we going with this?". Do the masses want a camera that also makes calls and receives text, or do they want a phone that can do many other things like take photos, surf the web, etc. Personally I'm in the multi-funtion phone camp (think PadFone) and your right, I don't much care about phone-ography.

In post after post you see people obsessed with a fancy camera. I could be wrong but I seriously doubt most folks will give a hoot about how great the camera is when they are trying to decide whether or not to get a WinPhone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo