Nokia VP: Pureview will come to Lumia devices ?very soon?

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
i hope they include a built in tripod jack. pureview is definentally going to be my next big medium for youtube blogging. wait... what are they going to do to windows movie maker in w8? microsoft needs to come up front with a true ilife competitor for media creation for w8. this would go perfectally with a new pureview windows phone 8 device. agreed?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
i hope they include a built in tripod jack. pureview is definentally going to be my next big medium for youtube blogging. wait... what are they going to do to windows movie maker in w8? microsoft needs to come up front with a true ilife competitor for media creation for w8. this would go perfectally with a new pureview windows phone 8 device. agreed?

Yep. True.MS will maybe develop a metro movie maker

Luminatic

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Oh yes please.
Recently there was a time window when Nokia 808 was available (was sold out immediately) at a local distributor. I got weak cause I couldn't wait for THAT camera. Swapping my simcard forth and back now. Amazing camera, this. And, believe it or not, the os is not as bad as many make it sound! It's a bit Android-ish without the hundredthousands of apps.
So, I brought myself into a terrible situation. When having my SIM in the 808, I'm missing the livetiles, the EASY way to set up email, wordament, audible and the sheer smoothness. When having the SIM in my Lumia 800, I'm missing the camera, the music player (Music sounds better on the Nokia 808 than on the Lumia due to dolby sorround. Plus there is an equalizer) and the better connectivity options.
Dear Nokia, please don't go broke. And please, when building a Lumia pureview, don't forget to also add dolby surround and rich recording. Thanks!

Update: I've read a rumour that you'll have bluetooth filetransfer and usage of phone as a mass storage device. I'd welcome that.

Last edited:

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Music sounds better on the Nokia 808 than on the Lumia due to dolby sorround. Plus there is an equalizer

I have a 710 and music sounds quite poor on it, but that is also true of any iPod / iPhone to a lesser degree. I don't take my Sansa out anymore because the 710 is just more convenient but I miss the sound quality. It's like there's a boost on the bass and treble, making the midrange frequencies hollow. :dry

CHPro

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Without a doubt I am getting a Wp8 with pureview. I have never really been a camera guy, but I could see myself using this a ton!!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
If the Nokia devices at the launch of WP8 aren't Pureview, will you guys hold off a few months until Pureview comes?

I think I recall a Nokia rep stating that by the Spring, everyone will be clamoring for a Nokia. They have some big things planned.

But WP8 likely comes out late this Fall.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
If the Nokia devices at the launch of WP8 aren't Pureview, will you guys hold off a few months until Pureview comes?

I think I recall a Nokia rep stating that by the Spring, everyone will be clamoring for a Nokia. They have some big things planned.

But WP8 likely comes out late this Fall.

My gut tells me that Pureview won't come out till spring either, because that's when the 900 (their flagship Lumia) was released. I'm hoping that a Pureview does come out this fall though, that way when I get my upgrade (August 2013), a 2nd generation Pureview with better specs will likely make an appearance :)

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I think the 41MP version of Pureview won't be out on release, but I could be wrong easily. I do think we'll see a slimmed down version that's something like 16MP or so like the N8.

Bai

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I would like a weather seal - or better water proof rugged - Pureview WP8 device that I can feel safe to run with or cycling with. Imagine one with 2 way radio build in, all the engineer will be walking around with one of those.

CHPro

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I think the 41MP version of Pureview won't be out on release, but I could be wrong easily. I do think we'll see a slimmed down version that's something like 16MP or so like the N8.
Well I would wait till the "full" version of pureview comes out. I can live with my L900 for 6 more months.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
My gut tells me that Pureview won't come out till spring either, because that's when the 900 (their flagship Lumia) was released. I'm hoping that a Pureview does come out this fall though, that way when I get my upgrade (August 2013), a 2nd generation Pureview with better specs will likely make an appearance :)
aren't you mixing. spring in southern hemisphere to autumn in Northern?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro