07-18-2012 03:24 PM
61 123
tools
    07-08-2012 12:12 PM
    Then there will indeed be W8P Nokia Lumia devices as Sprint and Verizon both arent getting new WP devices until W8P, or so threy have said.
    07-08-2012 12:57 PM
    The more the merrier! :D Nokia needs to flood the market with Lumia devices.
    07-08-2012 01:58 PM
    I can't wait!

Sent from my Rezound
    07-08-2012 02:53 PM
    I can't wait either! I'm replacing my Focus with a Nokia Lumia PureView with WP8 :D
    07-08-2012 03:11 PM
    Dreams do come true! :D
    07-08-2012 03:14 PM
    how soon is "very soon" 6 months, a years? I hate when they talk like that. I'm hoping for WP8 launch
    07-08-2012 04:36 PM
    how soon is "very soon" 6 months, a years? I hate when they talk like that. I'm hoping for WP8 launch
    I'm content, for now, that they actually acknowledged Pureview coming to WP. Better than all of us assuming (rightfully so) that it is coming. :)
    07-08-2012 04:52 PM
    WP8 + PureView + apps + better notifications + better backup/restore = all I need to be satisfied with one device.
    scottcraft likes this.
    07-08-2012 06:30 PM
    Most likely at WP8 launch and/or shortly after.
    07-08-2012 10:06 PM
    Most likely at WP8 launch and/or shortly after.
    "Kerris believes that Nokia will innovate its way out of its current situation and that change will continue this Fall with new products. Kerris states that this Spring "people will be climbing over themselves" to get at the new Nokia products."

I'm thinking for Fall, they'll throw out some highend specs like 32GB (64GB?) w/ USB expandable storage, Quad core & NFC.

Then Spring they give us "bendable screens and a complete wrap around display so that when you want your device to be a camera, it looks like a camera" with Pureview tech.
    vp710 likes this.
    07-08-2012 10:22 PM
    Pureview needs to be first out of the gates for WP8...PERIOD
    ninjaap and JD Miles like this.
    07-09-2012 11:30 AM
    It can only help their sales. They definetely need something to differneciate themselves from the rest of the highend crowd. Their first bacth of Lumias brought us original designs, but their next sets need to step it up a notch to keep people interested.
    07-09-2012 12:52 PM
    I agree. It's a long enough wait for WP8 devices, I don't want to wait longer for Nokia to get it in gear and release a PV phone.
    07-09-2012 12:55 PM
    I don't know if this is true or not, because I haven't found evidence over the net, but some commenters on blogs are claiming that Nokia "said" Pureview would come to WP in a downgraded form. By downgraded, I'm guessing they mean less than 41MP. People are saying that WP can't handle the camera sensors needed to process, like Symbian can.
    07-09-2012 01:04 PM
    It can only help their sales. They definetely need something to differneciate themselves from the rest of the highend crowd. Their first bacth of Lumias brought us original designs, but their next sets need to step it up a notch to keep people interested.
    A fancy camera will do jack squat for sales! Every phone has a camera this is nothing new and will not differentiate anything. I don't care if it's 100K MP it's meaningless! When I want to take a picture I'll use the camera that I bought to (wait for it) TAKE PICTURES! When the moment I'm trying to capture is important I won't be using a phone.
    07-09-2012 07:13 PM
    A fancy camera will do jack squat for sales! Every phone has a camera this is nothing new and will not differentiate anything. I don't care if it's 100K MP it's meaningless! When I want to take a picture I'll use the camera that I bought to (wait for it) TAKE PICTURES! When the moment I'm trying to capture is important I won't be using a phone.
    Its obvious you don't care about camera tech on a phone. What is it that you care for or want to see in WP8? As for me, I haven't given up on the idea that one day I won't have to carry my point and shoot AND phone. I don't own a DSLR, and maybe someday I can afford one. But for now, I'm looking for direct replacement for P&S. I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    wolf1891 likes this.
    07-09-2012 07:20 PM
    When the moment I'm trying to capture is important I won't be using a phone.
    Great to know you carry a camera around wherever you go. Guess what? Most people don't, and aren't interested in spending hundreds for a good DSLR. The 808's camera is comparable to point-and-shoots, which is suffice for most.
    07-09-2012 08:37 PM
    I don't know if this is true or not, because I haven't found evidence over the net, but some commenters on blogs are claiming that Nokia "said" Pureview would come to WP in a downgraded form. By downgraded, I'm guessing they mean less than 41MP. People are saying that WP can't handle the camera sensors needed to process, like Symbian can.
    I think I read that somewhere, too. They're calling it "PureView light" if I recall correctly.
    vp710 likes this.
    07-09-2012 08:44 PM
    It kinda raises the question of "Where are we going with this?". Do the masses want a camera that also makes calls and receives text, or do they want a phone that can do many other things like take photos, surf the web, etc. Personally I'm in the multi-funtion phone camp (think PadFone) and your right, I don't much care about phone-ography.

In post after post you see people obsessed with a fancy camera. I could be wrong but I seriously doubt most folks will give a hoot about how great the camera is when they are trying to decide whether or not to get a WinPhone.
    Reflexx likes this.
    07-09-2012 08:46 PM
    It kinda raises the question of "Where are we going with this?". Do the masses want a camera that also makes calls and receives text, or do they want a phone that can do many other things like take photos, surf the web, etc. Personally I'm in the multi-funtion phone camp (think PadFone) and your right, I don't much care about phone-ography.

In post after post you see people obsessed with a fancy camera. I could be wrong but I seriously doubt most folks will give a hoot about how great the camera is when they are trying to decide whether or not to get a WinPhone.
    Well if it's any indicator, one of the biggest gripes with a Lumia 900 was the camera. For some, it was just not good enough and these forums were filled with post after post about how they're going to return the phone and get a Titan II , with a 16MP camera instead.

I think at this point in time, if you asked the masses "if you had to choose one, would you get a WP8 with quad core processor with a mediocre camera or a dual core with a Pureview camera"? I'm pretty sure you'll get more giving up the quad core for Pureview tech. Plus, according to the VP of Nokia, the camera isnt the only innovation up their sleeves. He hinted at "bendable" screens. I'm curious to see what that's about.
    07-09-2012 08:57 PM
    The only reason I will buy another Nokia is Pureview and their app love. Other than that my 900 is crap...but anyway...this would be great. I can't wait, I know what phone my gf will want.
    07-09-2012 09:24 PM
    The 808 is available through Amazon in the U.S. The only reason I haven't bought it yet is the Nokia cc-3046 hard case is not available through Amazon here yet.

I'll wait a few more days, and see if the Nokia cc-3046 becomes available. If not, I'll just order the 808 without the case.
    07-09-2012 09:46 PM
    The 808 is available through Amazon in the U.S. The only reason I haven't bought it yet is the Nokia cc-3046 hard case is not available through Amazon here yet.

I'll wait a few more days, and see if the Nokia cc-3046 becomes available. If not, I'll just order the 808 without the case.
    Curious to know why you won't just wait for a WP version?
    07-09-2012 09:47 PM

people want a phone that is top notch in all aspects. including the camera. Since so many people don't have a stand alone camera anymore, having a great built in camera helps complete the experience of the phone.
    07-09-2012 10:04 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD