Nokia: Something Amazing Coming Sep 7

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
if it were a 3 day launch schedule the press would be all over it. not many companies launch a product 72 hours after its announced. i hope its 3 different phones with the same windows phone 8 os behind it. budget, midrange, and highend

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Surface PhonPad! :D

If not who cares? :mad:

I for one care. An Atrix/pafone style wp8 device also running windows 8 RT would give me a reason to replace my 7 year old laptop running windows 8 release preview. And do you know how cheap the docks usually are? Its like having both a smartphone and laptop for the price of an ultrabook

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I for one care. An Atrix/pafone style wp8 device also running windows 8 RT would give me a reason to replace my 7 year old laptop running windows 8 release preview. And do you know how cheap the docks usually are? Its like having both a smartphone and laptop for the price of an ultrabook

I dunno if I'd go as far as to replace my laptop but it would be so much better than carrying a cell AND a 10" tablet! That's for sure. ;)

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
People are making this way too big of deal.

It about the flagship store being totally reworked as it moves away from Vertu's and concentrates on Windows and Asha phones. It even says on the site where the QR code takes you "Prepare to be amazed at all the things in your new Nokia store." "it's whole new way to shop."

If Nokia was hyping devices it would not put a banner on it's Flagship store in Finland, but webpage or something similar.

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
People are making this way too big of deal.

It about the flagship store being totally reworked as it moves away from Vertu's and concentrates on Windows and Asha phones. It even says on the site where the QR code takes you "Prepare to be amazed at all the things in your new Nokia store." "it's whole new way to shop."

If Nokia was hyping devices it would not put a banner on it's Flagship store in Finland, but webpage or something similar.

That's it??? Boo! How lame. :straight:

Hence why I hate stories from wmpoweruser.

LOL :lol:

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
That's it??? Boo! How lame. :straight:

LOL :lol:

Yeah, wmpoweruser usually lets the hype go strong and concentrate less to the obvious. ;)

Sure it will link with the coming Nokia Windows Phones, but that banner and all is about the store re-opening like the site where the QR code guides you says.
Anyways, we already know Nokia World is in early September, that's no secret.
Nokia World - Nokia

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little surprised we haven't gotten a leak on the design's for upcoming Nokia phones. I'm sure there are people on their campus walking around with them.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little surprised we haven't gotten a leak on the design's for upcoming Nokia phones. I'm sure there are people on their campus walking around with them.

There were these "leaked" images... Not sure if it's true...

View attachment 21631

a6937b90-a732-0e16.jpg

Last edited:

mafu6

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
There were these "leaked" images... Not sure if it's true...

View attachment 21631

Click to view quoted image

I maybe the only one but I like that. It will feel solid and it it includes the 41 megapixel camera hardware then that would explain why it isnt so slim...

However I don't think this will be Nokia WP8 Phone... though Nokia is famous for its different design phones compared to many other manufactors..

It will certainly be interesting to see design of the Nokia WP8.. a tiny bit excited... as a Nexus fan I hope they can convince me to switch.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
There is currently a rumor that In September will anounce their first two W*Phones which maybe the 910 and the 920

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
There is currently a rumor that In September will anounce their first two W*Phones which maybe the 910 and the 920

Also no confirmation that there would be PureView phone according to WPdang and these announcement will happen in September 5 in Nokia World.

Playing the devil's advocate here and i will keep saying that there wont be PW Nokia Lumia device this year. There might be something else to hook people up.

Also notable that if those names are right Nokia will announce two top end phones, not one 8xx and 9xx series phone. In the relatively new Nokia naming system only the first digit tells where it stands Nokia's portfolio.

btgusto

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Technobuffalo's Noah on youtube announced a rumor that the Nokia 910 and 920 will be presented at Nokia world WITH Pureview. Pureview will be on the first round of Nokia WP8. Gees I hope so. It seems like they have to have pureview at launch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99