Two new Samsung devices: 4.65 and 4 inch displays

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but no one has mastered lte past two cores. We have to wait until that happens first

Sent from Le Cyan de Lumia via Board Espresso

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'll take dual core and lte over quad core and 4g

Exactly.

Too many people don't seem to understand that extra cores, all things being equal, don't do a damn thing unless applications are written specifically to make use of them.

Extra cores aren't like magical turbochargers that make everything run faster and faster suddenly. :lol:

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Wishful thinking but, this would be a nice option,
when LTE is on it run's in Dual Core Mode only, other 2 are disabled
when in 4g mode all 4 Core are enabled or Dual Core can be used.

Quad will be smoking and needing a 4000amp battery for 4 hours of talk time, 30 minutes of lte..LOL

=======

Dual Core are going to be blazing fast, if wp8 is operates like wp7.x does. I am happy with my single core for now..

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it has anything to do with LTE and quad core not playing well together. It is just that the only SoC that has an integrated LTE modem is the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 (it helps that they make their own modems). NVIDIA has already claimed we'd be seeing a Tegra 3 with integrated LTE, Samsung recently announced a SGS III quad core with LTE for Korea.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
First off, to answer a few posters earlier comments we do know what HTC is doing for WP. They are repackaging their one series, including the quad core X, for WP. If we still trust them after all the Titan problems, that should be a fine effort.

However, as a Samsung fan, I am pumped to see this!! My wife is hoping for a WP Note, or we might lose her to the Note 2. I am still holding out hope for a physical keyboard on a high end WP, either from Sammy or Nokia. Otherwise, the 4.65" has possibilities for me.

I am so happy Samsung is still onboard....

speedfreak228

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
First off, to answer a few posters earlier comments we do know what HTC is doing for WP. They are repackaging their one series, including the quad core X, for WP. If we still trust them after all the Titan problems, that should be a fine effort.

However, as a Samsung fan, I am pumped to see this!! My wife is hoping for a WP Note, or we might lose her to the Note 2. I am still holding out hope for a physical keyboard on a high end WP, either from Sammy or Nokia. Otherwise, the 4.65" has possibilities for me.

I am so happy Samsung is still onboard....

Ya a note 2 wp8 would be awesome

diplomat696

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It will have the same processor as the US SGS3, the same resolution, seemingly the same camera, and a slightly smaller screen. How does that make it an SGS2?
I agree, seems like its the WP8 version of the GS3 to me, and no way that we need quad core, gimmie dual core and great battery life anyday!!

The only issue is from a marketing perspective, u know the android fanbois are gonna be out in force well my phone is better because it has quad core.

The next image is censored and shows me pimp slapping the android ****** :)

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Wishful thinking but, this would be a nice option,
when LTE is on it run's in Dual Core Mode only, other 2 are disabled
when in 4g mode all 4 Core are enabled or Dual Core can be used.

Quad will be smoking and needing a 4000amp battery for 4 hours of talk time, 30 minutes of lte..LOL

More cores doesn't automatically equal lower battery life. In fact, Samsung's quad core Exynos chip is more energy efficient than the processor it's replacing.

Samsung Exynos

Anyone who has bought a new laptop in the last 5 years should know this too. Intel makes their processors faster and made dual and multi-core processors that were faster and more energy efficient than the single core chips that came before them.

Smaller process = more efficiency, among other things.

Cores aren't like cylinders in a car.

So we'll likely see dual-core processors and better in Windows Phones and they will equal or surpass the battery life we're getting now.

But until the OS is fine tuned to leverage those extra cores, and ESPECIALLY until there is a good selection of APPS that are actually written to take advantage of the extra cores, there is absolutely no point in getting excited about them one way or the other.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The only issue is from a marketing perspective, u know the android fanbois are gonna be out in force well my phone is better because it has quad core.

Android fanboys are the biggest idiots in the entire computer and electronics landscape. They make Apple fans look tame. Android is an indefensible cluster*** of bad design, poor taste and shows what happens when you just try to be all things to all people instead of focusing on doing the important things right.

I just laugh at Android spec whores.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it has anything to do with LTE and quad core not playing well together. It is just that the only SoC that has an integrated LTE modem is the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 (it helps that they make their own modems). NVIDIA has already claimed we'd be seeing a Tegra 3 with integrated LTE, Samsung recently announced a SGS III quad core with LTE for Korea.

Exactly and the idea that more cores automatically equals less battery life is also a myth.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I agree, seems like its the WP8 version of the GS3 to me, and no way that we need quad core, gimmie dual core and great battery life anyday!!

*after snowmutt stops laughing at the visual in his head*

I feel a "Smoked by a Windows Phone: The Sequel" is in production...

Adyhooper

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Samsung introduced best big gadgets. First one is Samsung Galaxy Nexus has best 4.65 Inch, excellent HD Super AMOLED display with 1,280 x 720 resolution. According to me second is Samsung Galaxy S3 is best that comes with 4.8 HD Super AMOLED touchscreen display.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
you don't need friggen quad core on your phone! if you have a Lagdroid maybe, but WP7/8 doesn't need a billion cores!

You don't even need quad core on androids. Those are more for tablets more than anything. But you know how people are they always need more cores.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Any word if AT&T will being getting a Samsung with a side slider?? Or any Samsung phone on the way with a side slider??
I wish.

No side slider or portrait sliders- my favorite form factor- are even rumored for WP from Sammy, HTC, or Nokia. It seems low end Android get the qwerty love. For that matter, Samsung took a step back with the Captivate Glide on AT&T when you compare that flat, 4 row keyboard with the Epic's raised, 5 row keyboard on Sprint that was released in 2010.

Motorola seems to be the only manufacturer that takes that form factor seriously with the Droid series on Verizon and the Photon follow up believed to have a D4 style keyboard on Sprint. How I wish Microsoft could bribe Motorola to release a WP device with that keyboard in exchange for a super cheap settlement on their liscensing dispute, which everyone knows MS is gonna win. I like Moto's quality, love that keyboard, and will get a WP 8. Win/win.

That would make for a happy Mutt....

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I wish.

No side slider or portrait sliders- my favorite form factor- are even rumored for WP from Sammy, HTC, or Nokia. It seems low end Android get the qwerty love. For that matter, Samsung took a step back with the Captivate Glide on AT&T when you compare that flat, 4 row keyboard with the Epic's raised, 5 row keyboard on Sprint that was released in 2010.

Motorola seems to be the only manufacturer that takes that form factor seriously with the Droid series on Verizon and the Photon follow up believed to have a D4 style keyboard on Sprint. How I wish Microsoft could bribe Motorola to release a WP device with that keyboard in exchange for a super cheap settlement on their liscensing dispute, which everyone knows MS is gonna win. I like Moto's quality, love that keyboard, and will get a WP 8. Win/win.

That would make for a happy Mutt....

Nokia was also pushing not long ago qwerty phones with the likes of E7 and their leaked roadmap showed a lot qwerty phones for 2011.
Thing is, qwerty's are not simply selling so they as others left the market. It is a pity. :(

Would love to see that all aluminium build qwerty design on WP8.

Nokia-E7-8.jpg

Hopefully we see at least somebody making one. Rumors certainly are silent on that front. Though it was said that WP8 should bring more variety to the form factors.

TheHeroFromDOOM

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Wait wait wait, cant sammy or nokia just take on of there slider from aunther operating system tweek it alittle, and make it a windows phone?? I mean dosent that kinda make some sence to do, this way its cheep for them?? O man how im drulling over a new side slider for AT&T. If we keep b-tching on this they will have to take notise. I also post on there fb pages and write to the companys. :mad: AT&T get with the ball! and give us a slider!! (SIDE SLIDER!) :mad:| !!!!! thank you.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Smartphones don't need quad-core CPU, they are not sever machines that are processing database queries. Now a quad-core GPU like Apple's A5X is a good idea because you can use all of that processing to speed up rendering.

trivor

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Android fanboys are the biggest idiots in the entire computer and electronics landscape. They make Apple fans look tame. Android is an indefensible cluster*** of bad design, poor taste and shows what happens when you just try to be all things to all people instead of focusing on doing the important things right.

I just laugh at Android spec whores.

I think you are underestimating the resources that WP8 will need - there is a reason that NO WP7 hand sets are being updated - can't run it. So you can't compare the WP7 OS to WP8 because WP8 NEEDS at least Dual Core and may benefit from Quad Core so it is time to get off the WP7 doesn't need multi cores and Android sucks because it can't run on less than multi cores.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I think you are underestimating the resources that WP8 will need - there is a reason that NO WP7 hand sets are being updated - can't run it. So you can't compare the WP7 OS to WP8 because WP8 NEEDS at least Dual Core and may benefit from Quad Core so it is time to get off the WP7 doesn't need multi cores and Android sucks because it can't run on less than multi cores.
But, but, HTC already announced two new WP8 devices; one with dual core and one without. Pleaser explain. And how about all the effort Microsoft is putting in to offer low end devices to every corner of the world. Do you believe these devices, costing less than $160 US retail, will have multi-core processors?

I would bet that WP8 could run on a iPaq. ****, the Win 8 preview ran fine on my nearly nine year old Fujitsu P7010 Lifebook. No dual core there. And none needed.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon