Serouisly. This is getting. Weird htc is maybe gonna release the first quad core wp. And Nokia is gonna release the first dual core phone. So would that mean that htc will have the only quad core phone available at launch. Wouldn't Nokia put quad core on their phones if they want to? Also would the wp superphones be shown at the beginning of next year?. Like Nokia shown the 900 and htc shown the titan2?
    Last edited by 12Danny123; 08-09-2012 at 05:27 AM.
    08-09-2012 05:17 AM
    Anything is possible. When I heard quad core and WP, made me a little excited, but it isn't true until its in a consumers hands. Would it really be worth it to get one? Probably not so much. I'd get it more for 4.7 in. Screen.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express
    08-09-2012 06:41 AM
    Serouisly. This is getting. Weird htc is maybe gonna release the first quad core wp. And Nokia is gonna release the first dual core phone. So would that mean that htc will have the only quad core phone available at launch. Wouldn't Nokia put quad core on their phones if they want to? Also would the wp superphones be shown at the beginning of next year?. Like Nokia shown the 900 and htc shown the titan2?
    I spoke with a Microsoft rep. who stated, that WP8 will not be getting any quad core devices. He said the benefits of having a standardized hardware platform outweigh any benefit achieved by having a device with four cores. Although WP8 could make much better use of four cores than Android (where 99% of all apps can't even provide a perceptible advantage with two cores, let alone four), smartphones simply don't have the types of applications where that makes sense. Basically, the whole "number of cores" thing is largely useless marketing hype designed to sell low-information enthusiasts a phone.

H3ll, even on the PC you will only rarely find an application or game that consistently makes good use of more than two cores. If you plan to use a rendering application or install a multi-user database on your phone... fine... then it might make sense, although you would need to develop those apps for your phone first, since currently nothing of that kind exists.

Having just two cores with higher clock speeds would be much more useful than more cores.
    08-09-2012 06:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD