The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
09-10-2012 09:46 PM
85 1234
tools
    Pure View is that monster camera setup Nokia released coupled with Symbian at the beginning of this year, has a 41 megapixel sensor, though it uses to scale down and get a remarkably clean picture at 5MP.

Which goes along with my only real complaint about my Trophy, the camera(s). They could honestly release the same phone with a ffc and a competitive rear camera (think iPhone 4S level) and I would buy that and be happy.
    Thanks for the info, I think your right that would be a great asset to have a great camera like that and a rear facing also.
    08-19-2012 08:15 AM
    I simply want options through Verizon. It would be nice to have high-end options naturally. I love my HTC Trophy, but being the only device and "mid-range"? C'mon Verizon bring out the hard stuff. Windows Phone is gorgeous and I feel if it were properly marketed to the people in time it could become a real player against iOS and Android.

So is there an actual "list" anywhere of rumored WP8 devices coming to Verizon? From all the sources I've examined it seems that one Nokia and one HTC device are solidifying as confirmed. I would be disappointed to see Nokia not come out with a high-end device for Verizon it would be poor marketing on their part. Any clarity in this elusive information on Verizon WP8?
    Last edited by TrophyNostalgia; 08-21-2012 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Color
    08-21-2012 10:17 AM
    Here's a little rumor update going from both internal and external sources:
    -HTC "midrange" phone. Im guessing 720p 4-4.3" screen, 1.2Ghz S4, 1GB RAM, 8GB internal.
    -Nokia high end phone. Probably 768p 4.3" + screen. VZW is going all in on "phablets" this fall so i expect the Nokia will be 4.5" at least.1.5GHz S4, 16 and 32GB offerings.
    -Low end Samsung as a prepaid offering. Trophy specs with Sammy plastic. WVGA, 1.2 S4, 4GB internal, 512Mb of RAM
    -Midrange Samsung. Galaxy Nexus clone.
    -Veizon will be a launch partnerand will appear September 5th
    -Marketing campaign on par with the OG Droid
    -Crush the iPhone
    08-21-2012 09:43 PM
    I too am hoping for a Nokia WP8 on Verizon, especially a pure view.
    If there was one of these out I'd not hesitate to purchase one off contract.
    08-21-2012 09:59 PM
    08-21-2012 11:18 PM
    I just hope its not Christmas when Verizon gets some good Windows 8 phones. The Nokia event is September 5 and ATT probably has first dibs on high end phones with the other carriers having to wait. I'm wanting to switch to Verizon (better service in my area) but don't want to wait till Christmas. Come on Verizon...Nokia by the end of September please!!!
    palandri likes this.
    08-22-2012 10:06 AM
    I just hope its not Christmas when Verizon gets some good Windows 8 phones. The Nokia event is September 5 and ATT probably has first dibs on high end phones with the other carriers having to wait. I'm wanting to switch to Verizon (better service in my area) but don't want to wait till Christmas. Come on Verizon...Nokia by the end of September please!!!
    The date I heard about a month ago (and people have no idea how frequently these dates change) was 2nd week of November for the Nokia/Verizon device.
    ALborntoride likes this.
    08-22-2012 10:11 AM
    It sucks that at the end of my contract in October, I'll be out of a phone and WP8 is right around the corner from that. -_- I need to get a job.
    jasqid likes this.
    08-22-2012 11:31 AM
    Nice, Eldar Murtazin has opened his mouth again.

Nokia Phi

Lumia 800/900 design
    Thinner, larger
    4.7″ screen
    NFC
    LTE
    Bigger Battery
    MicroSD slot
    1 day use

Announcement in the September 5th Nokia MS event and release already in October. He praises the AMOLED screen on Nokia Phi, more than likely 720p screen with Nokia's Clear Black tech. All of the features inside Phi you can get into WP8 at the moment says Eldar.

Nokia Phi and two other devices announced in that MS Nokia event.

http://nokiagadgets.com/2012/08/22/r...ed-by-october/
    Last edited by tissotti; 08-22-2012 at 01:16 PM.
    scottcraft likes this.
    08-22-2012 11:55 AM
    Nice, Eldar Murtazin has opened his mouth again.

Nokia Phi

Lumia 800/900 design
    Thinner, larger
    4.7″ screen
    NFC
    LTE
    Bigger Battery
    MicroSD slot
    1 day use

Announcement in the September 5th Nokia MS event and release already in October. He praises the AMOLED screen on Nokia Phi, more than likely 720 screen with Nokia's Clear Black tech. All of the features inside Phi you can get into WP8 at the moment.

Nokia Phi and two other devices announced in that MS Nokia event.

Rumors: Nokia Phi to have 4.7
    Wonder what carrier this ends up on...
    08-22-2012 12:59 PM
    ATT to start Nokia will have a VZN wp8 in September or early October is my best guess!
    ALborntoride likes this.
    08-22-2012 01:26 PM
    ATT to start Nokia will have a VZN wp8 in September or early October is my best guess!
    I'm down with a Verizon Nokia phone in early October...right around my birthday..LOL
    snowmutt likes this.
    08-22-2012 02:10 PM
    According to the Verge

The Arrow Windows Phone 8 handset is said to be a mid-range one that will be available on AT&T and T-Mobile in the US. An almost identical variant, codenamed Atlas, will also be available on the Verizon network — but its announcement is likely to come later
    08-23-2012 07:50 AM
    VZN phone: Oct 25
    Att: Oct 29 and Nov 2
    Tmob: Nov 9
    08-23-2012 09:32 AM
    Doesn't this go against what we've been hearing that AT&T will be getting the first Nokia device or are you just speaking to WP8 devices in general? If this ends up being the case, I have 2 more months to kill with a cheap flip phone. At least I'll be saving money by not having a data plan on my line.
    08-23-2012 09:55 AM
    Are you talking Nokia/Verizion? The day I've been hearing is in the 2nd week of November for the Nokia/Verizon device, and my source is VERY close to Nokia/MS.

It's possible Verizon gets a WP8 device from another OEM before the Nokia device launches, and if that is true, it's going to be very hard for me to wait for the Nokia device to drop.
    08-23-2012 09:59 AM
    Doesn't this go against what we've been hearing that AT&T will be getting the first Nokia device or are you just speaking to WP8 devices in general? If this ends up being the case, I have 2 more months to kill with a cheap flip phone. At least I'll be saving money by not having a data plan on my line.
    VZn gets the first phone...ATT gets theirs a few days later. These are the start sales dates.
    08-23-2012 10:09 AM
    VZn gets the first phone...ATT gets theirs a few days later. These are the start sales dates.
    I hope your right. But until Verizon releases information we all are just making guesses whether we have sources or not. Right now everyone seems to be saying that ATT is getting the "hero" device from Nokia and Verizon is getting a "middle-end" phone. I was really hoping Nokia would come out swinging with W8 phones and release a high-end for ATT and Verizon. Only time will tell.
    08-23-2012 10:42 AM
    Source tells me later this morning that the VZn release was moved forward one week, so both ATT and VZN will be week 44.
    db4williams likes this.
    08-23-2012 12:52 PM
    Source tells me later this morning that the VZn release was moved forward one week, so both ATT and VZN will be week 44.
    Do you think Verizon will get the Phi down the road? Also, Do you think that Nokia coming to Verizon is really a mid-tier device, or do you think it just has a smaller screen?
    08-23-2012 06:19 PM
    Do you think Verizon will get the Phi down the road? Also, Do you think that Nokia coming to Verizon is really a mid-tier device, or do you think it just has a smaller screen?
    WP8 (like WP7) devices all seem to have the same SoC so the main difference between them is going to be the screen, camera, and memory. Memory isn't really an issue anymore due to the MicroSD support, so the differentiators will be screen and camera.
    08-23-2012 07:31 PM
    Please dont take this the wrong way but, can you provide a source where your getting your info from ?

Maybe it's me but, it's hard to take data like this from someone's who's first post was these dates. No other info, no sorce or anything else, just a bunch of dates.

I'd really like to believe you but, unless you can provide your source, it's just another rumor...
    08-23-2012 08:08 PM
    Please dont take this the wrong way but, can you provide a source where your getting your info from ?

Maybe it's me but, it's hard to take data like this from someone's who's first post was these dates. No other info, no sorce or anything else, just a bunch of dates.

I'd really like to believe you but, unless you can provide your source, it's just another rumor...
    Erm. The source is me.
    08-24-2012 08:44 AM
    Erm. The source is me.
    No offense dude, but DavidinCT is right. You've made only 4 posts and its hard to take you seriously (even though i really want to :). It would be different if you were established on the forums with time and more posts. Now if your a secret Verizon or Nokia employee who can't reveal his true identity is one thing. But it's just hard to take you seriously. Not trying to bash or be rude, just stating a view.
    08-24-2012 09:26 AM
    i understand. I just can't state anymore than what I have.

Been a lurker here since last fall when Nokia started doing it's thing again.

When week 44 rolls around, or a statement from the powers that be proves me right, then what?
    :D
    08-24-2012 09:30 AM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD