Verizon WP8 Devices?

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping we have info about a Verizon Nokia WP8 fairly soon. I've given up on Android and really don't want to go back to iOS unless I have to.

lancepr

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
yeah this time I hope MS/Nokia don't have any dumb exclusive deals that block a particular phone from coming to verizon.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Midrange HTC WP8 is all but confirmed. Looks like the Incredible 4G/One S.

To be honest, if that is all Verizon is going to have I won't be a WP8 user. I really want something with a 4.7 inch screen, preferably made by Nokia. If it seems like Verizon will get a pureview I will probably wait for that. I'm not locked into Nokia, but I'm not going to get a phone with a 4 inch screen. Hopefully something I like will come to Verizon before Christmas.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, if that is all Verizon is going to have I won't be a WP8 user. I really want something with a 4.7 inch screen, preferably made by Nokia. If it seems like Verizon will get a pureview I will probably wait for that. I'm not locked into Nokia, but I'm not going to get a phone with a 4 inch screen. Hopefully something I like will come to Verizon before Christmas.

I am taking the opposite approach. If that is all Verizon is going to have I won't be a Verizon customer. With unlimited calling plans on most carriers now I see no reason to stay. I was only there because all my family and most friends had Verizon so it was free to call them (well really it was so my wife could call her friends and family, I barely talk on the phone).

speedfreak228

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I switched to Verizon from att about four months ago. There phone selection sucks. If they don't get a good wp8 phone I'm going back to att. Only reason I'm using android now is because Verizon didn't have a wp7 phone I liked

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I used AT&T for years, but recently moved to a new house in a horrible deadspot, and the Microcell barely worked. After a few months battling AT&T (they even sent someone out to inspect the cell towers,) they let me out of my contract with no ETF, and I ported to Verizon. I ended up buying a trophy off Craigslist because I didn't want to use my discounted device on the Trophy because at the time a Nokia WP7 device was supposed to hit January 2012, but it was cancelled. An insider I know tipped me off on the Nokia/VZW device, so I waited patiently and then it was cancelled.

Needless to say, I FREAKING hate the Trophy at this point. It's slow/incredibly outdated from a hardware perspective.

My same insider contact has given me good news about upcoming devices for Verizon, but I won't get excited until it's officially unveiled.

db4williams

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I used AT&T for years, but recently moved to a new house in a horrible deadspot, and the Microcell barely worked. After a few months battling AT&T (they even sent someone out to inspect the cell towers,) they let me out of my contract with no ETF, and I ported to Verizon. I ended up buying a trophy off Craigslist because I didn't want to use my discounted device on the Trophy because at the time a Nokia WP7 device was supposed to hit January 2012, but it was cancelled. An insider I know tipped me off on the Nokia/VZW device, so I waited patiently and then it was cancelled.

Needless to say, I FREAKING hate the Trophy at this point. It's slow/incredibly outdated from a hardware perspective.

My same insider contact has given me good news about upcoming devices for Verizon, but I won't get excited until it's officially unveiled.

And may I ask what your contact has shared with you? I'm in a similar situation as you are in and am waiting (impatiently) for the WP8's to arrive at Verizon.

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
And may I ask what your contact has shared with you? I'm in a similar situation as you are in and am waiting (impatiently) for the WP8's to arrive at Verizon.
I was told MONTHS ago (well before the event was reported) that Nokia would LAUNCH a WP8 device for Verizon on September 5th; however, as time progressed, it became clear that it would be unveiled on September 5, not launched. What I am hearing is it will launch second week of November... which is disappointing. I'm not sure I can wait that long. Hopefully it comes out earlier. I think they are unveiling phones early, so they can be included in holiday gift guides, etc. All that stuff is completed early fall.

Last edited:

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I was told MONTHS ago (well before the event was reported) that Nokia would LAUNCH a WP8 device for Verizon on September 5th; however, as time progressed, it became clear that it would be unveiled on September 5, not launched. What I am hearing is it will launch second week of November... which is disappointing. I'm not sure I can wait that long. Hopefully it comes out earlier. I think they are unveiling phones early, so they can be included in holiday gift guides, etc. All that stuff is completed early fall.

I hope your source is right. I really want a Nokia WP.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
We are for sure getting a Nokia but the only one I've heard about in detail is the "Trophy 2." But they're saying that VZW is moving away from the iPhone (due to subsidies) and we've publically stated that we're going WP not BlackBerry so honestly I would expect at least 3 WPs from us.

Also, I love my Trophy. It runs better than any Droid we sell. Hence why I still have it.

Last edited:

Guidos Dad

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

After using my VZ Galaxy Nexus for about a month with it's 4.65" screen, one thing I do know and agree with scottcraft on, I will not go back to a smaller screen, I don't think even 4.3". So, VZ is going to have to come in with some "high end" WP8 device(s) before I switch back from my Galaxy. I think they will, eventually, but, I don't anticipate it being before the end of the year.

Guidos Dad

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
We are for sure getting a Nokia but the only one I've heard about in detail is the "Trophy 2." But they're saying that VZW is moving away from the iPhone (due to subsidies) and we've publically stated that we're going WP not BlackBerry so honestly I would expect at least 3 WPs from us.

Also, I love my Trophy. It runs better than any Droid we sell. Hence why I still have it.

My local VZ dealer (not a corporate store) pretty much says the same thing. They'll tell you up front they push the androids because of the subsidies with the iPhone. The manager of the store though who I've dealt with quite a bit though, still does not talk much highly about WP.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
My district manager has actually played around with the HTC phone, so that leads me to believe that a big VZW/WP8 launch is going to happen. And we sell Office 365 right out of the retail stores so it makes sense.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb