Verizon WP8 Devices?

speedfreak228

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I own a galaxy s3 now and I can wait for a wp8 phone to go along with the surface I'm going to buy. Hope Verizon doesn't screw this up and give us some crappy phones phones

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
We are for sure getting a Nokia but the only one I've heard about in detail is the "Trophy 2." But they're saying that VZW is moving away from the iPhone (due to subsidies) and we've publically stated that we're going WP not BlackBerry so honestly I would expect at least 3 WPs from us.

Also, I love my Trophy. It runs better than any Droid we sell. Hence why I still have it.
That would be an amzing shift in company stragety for Big Red, and a HUGE Victory for Microsoft and WP manufacturers. Imagine Verizon and AT&T pushing WP instead of the iPhone (I am sure we all are familier with the "AT&T is pushing anything but the iPhone due to it's subsidies" story, right?), and offering actual CHOICES???

Verizon is a much better provider in my area, and the Verizon shop is locally owned and has much better customer relations because of that. I am so unimpressed with my local AT&T store, we go 20 miles to the next big town for service. So why am I at AT&T? Why, Windows Phones, of course. Get some options on Big Red and the service contract will run out and I could actually pick from devices AND providers.

Not to mention Sprint would have no choice but to get on the WP band wagon or else let the two bullies on the block get stronger without them!!

I need to calm down... nothing confirmed... relax... breathe...

*giggles anyway*

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I too am hoping for a Nokia WP8 on Verizon, especially a pure view.
I guess I am out of the loop" but can some one tell me what pure view is? I hear a lot of talk about it. I to use a trophy and hoping for a better choice but I must say that this is my first wp and never had any problems.
Thanks.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Pure View is that monster camera setup Nokia released coupled with Symbian at the beginning of this year, has a 41 megapixel sensor, though it uses to scale down and get a remarkably clean picture at 5MP.

Which goes along with my only real complaint about my Trophy, the camera(s). They could honestly release the same phone with a ffc and a competitive rear camera (think iPhone 4S level) and I would buy that and be happy.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Pure View is that monster camera setup Nokia released coupled with Symbian at the beginning of this year, has a 41 megapixel sensor, though it uses to scale down and get a remarkably clean picture at 5MP.

Which goes along with my only real complaint about my Trophy, the camera(s). They could honestly release the same phone with a ffc and a competitive rear camera (think iPhone 4S level) and I would buy that and be happy.
Thanks for the info, I think your right that would be a great asset to have a great camera like that and a rear facing also.

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Big Red and Redmond...

I simply want options through Verizon. It would be nice to have high-end options naturally. I love my HTC Trophy, but being the only device and "mid-range"? C'mon Verizon bring out the hard stuff. Windows Phone is gorgeous and I feel if it were properly marketed to the people in time it could become a real player against iOS and Android.

So is there an actual "list" anywhere of rumored WP8 devices coming to Verizon? From all the sources I've examined it seems that one Nokia and one HTC device are solidifying as confirmed. I would be disappointed to see Nokia not come out with a high-end device for Verizon it would be poor marketing on their part. Any clarity in this elusive information on Verizon WP8?

Last edited:

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Here's a little rumor update going from both internal and external sources:
-HTC "midrange" phone. Im guessing 720p 4-4.3" screen, 1.2Ghz S4, 1GB RAM, 8GB internal.
-Nokia high end phone. Probably 768p 4.3" + screen. VZW is going all in on "phablets" this fall so i expect the Nokia will be 4.5" at least.1.5GHz S4, 16 and 32GB offerings.
-Low end Samsung as a prepaid offering. Trophy specs with Sammy plastic. WVGA, 1.2 S4, 4GB internal, 512Mb of RAM
-Midrange Samsung. Galaxy Nexus clone.
-Veizon will be a launch partnerand will appear September 5th
-Marketing campaign on par with the OG Droid
-Crush the iPhone

ALborntoride

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I just hope its not Christmas when Verizon gets some good Windows 8 phones. The Nokia event is September 5 and ATT probably has first dibs on high end phones with the other carriers having to wait. I'm wanting to switch to Verizon (better service in my area) but don't want to wait till Christmas. Come on Verizon...Nokia by the end of September please!!!

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just hope its not Christmas when Verizon gets some good Windows 8 phones. The Nokia event is September 5 and ATT probably has first dibs on high end phones with the other carriers having to wait. I'm wanting to switch to Verizon (better service in my area) but don't want to wait till Christmas. Come on Verizon...Nokia by the end of September please!!!

The date I heard about a month ago (and people have no idea how frequently these dates change) was 2nd week of November for the Nokia/Verizon device.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Nice, Eldar Murtazin has opened his mouth again.

Nokia Phi

Lumia 800/900 design
Thinner, larger
4.7″ screen
NFC
LTE
Bigger Battery
MicroSD slot
1 day use

Announcement in the September 5th Nokia MS event and release already in October. He praises the AMOLED screen on Nokia Phi, more than likely 720p screen with Nokia's Clear Black tech. All of the features inside Phi you can get into WP8 at the moment says Eldar.

Nokia Phi and two other devices announced in that MS Nokia event.

http://nokiagadgets.com/2012/08/22/...n-thin-phi-and-two-other-released-by-october/

Last edited:

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Nice, Eldar Murtazin has opened his mouth again.

Nokia Phi

Lumia 800/900 design
Thinner, larger
4.7″ screen
NFC
LTE
Bigger Battery
MicroSD slot
1 day use

Announcement in the September 5th Nokia MS event and release already in October. He praises the AMOLED screen on Nokia Phi, more than likely 720 screen with Nokia's Clear Black tech. All of the features inside Phi you can get into WP8 at the moment.

Nokia Phi and two other devices announced in that MS Nokia event.

Rumors: Nokia Phi to have 4.7
Wonder what carrier this ends up on...

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
According to the Verge

The Arrow Windows Phone 8 handset is said to be a mid-range one that will be available on AT&T and T-Mobile in the US. An almost identical variant, codenamed Atlas, will also be available on the Verizon network — but its announcement is likely to come later

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
VZN phone: Oct 25
Att: Oct 29 and Nov 2
Tmob: Nov 9

Doesn't this go against what we've been hearing that AT&T will be getting the first Nokia device or are you just speaking to WP8 devices in general? If this ends up being the case, I have 2 more months to kill with a cheap flip phone. At least I'll be saving money by not having a data plan on my line.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss