Verizon WP8 Devices?

rkremers

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
VZN phone: Oct 25
Att: Oct 29 and Nov 2
Tmob: Nov 9

Are you talking Nokia/Verizion? The day I've been hearing is in the 2nd week of November for the Nokia/Verizon device, and my source is VERY close to Nokia/MS.

It's possible Verizon gets a WP8 device from another OEM before the Nokia device launches, and if that is true, it's going to be very hard for me to wait for the Nokia device to drop.

exsanguine

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't this go against what we've been hearing that AT&T will be getting the first Nokia device or are you just speaking to WP8 devices in general? If this ends up being the case, I have 2 more months to kill with a cheap flip phone. At least I'll be saving money by not having a data plan on my line.
VZn gets the first phone...ATT gets theirs a few days later. These are the start sales dates.

ALborntoride

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
VZn gets the first phone...ATT gets theirs a few days later. These are the start sales dates.

I hope your right. But until Verizon releases information we all are just making guesses whether we have sources or not. Right now everyone seems to be saying that ATT is getting the "hero" device from Nokia and Verizon is getting a "middle-end" phone. I was really hoping Nokia would come out swinging with W8 phones and release a high-end for ATT and Verizon. Only time will tell.

psustudent21

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Source tells me later this morning that the VZn release was moved forward one week, so both ATT and VZN will be week 44.
Do you think Verizon will get the Phi down the road? Also, Do you think that Nokia coming to Verizon is really a mid-tier device, or do you think it just has a smaller screen?

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Do you think Verizon will get the Phi down the road? Also, Do you think that Nokia coming to Verizon is really a mid-tier device, or do you think it just has a smaller screen?

WP8 (like WP7) devices all seem to have the same SoC so the main difference between them is going to be the screen, camera, and memory. Memory isn't really an issue anymore due to the MicroSD support, so the differentiators will be screen and camera.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
VZN phone: Oct 25
Att: Oct 29 and Nov 2
Tmob: Nov 9

Please dont take this the wrong way but, can you provide a source where your getting your info from ?

Maybe it's me but, it's hard to take data like this from someone's who's first post was these dates. No other info, no sorce or anything else, just a bunch of dates.

I'd really like to believe you but, unless you can provide your source, it's just another rumor...

exsanguine

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Please dont take this the wrong way but, can you provide a source where your getting your info from ?

Maybe it's me but, it's hard to take data like this from someone's who's first post was these dates. No other info, no sorce or anything else, just a bunch of dates.

I'd really like to believe you but, unless you can provide your source, it's just another rumor...

Erm. The source is me.

ALborntoride

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Erm. The source is me.

No offense dude, but DavidinCT is right. You've made only 4 posts and its hard to take you seriously (even though i really want to :). It would be different if you were established on the forums with time and more posts. Now if your a secret Verizon or Nokia employee who can't reveal his true identity is one thing. But it's just hard to take you seriously. Not trying to bash or be rude, just stating a view.

exsanguine

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
i understand. I just can't state anymore than what I have.

Been a lurker here since last fall when Nokia started doing it's thing again.

When week 44 rolls around, or a statement from the powers that be proves me right, then what?
:D

ALborntoride

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
i understand. I just can't state anymore than what I have.

Been a lurker here since last fall when Nokia started doing it's thing again.

When week 44 rolls around, or a statement from the powers that be proves me right, then what?
:D

Well if you right you've gained my respect and i will for sure take any info you post on here seriously without raising an eyebrow. By the way if no one has, welcome to the forums :)

exsanguine

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks.
I visit a few sites each day to see what the public is saying. **** I even go to Tomi's site for daily humor from a very bitter ex-nokian.

mynokiablog.com
wmpoweruser.com

If you are interested.

ALborntoride

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Cool. I'll check them out. I'm all over the place...from WpCentral to Imore and Androidcentral. I like tech and reading about all the newest gadgets coming out. But i really love WP8 and it's UI. Android just gave me a bad experience and Apple just doesn't bring any flash. It's basic and it works for some people but not me.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

The Phi configuration at present is GSM only.It is always possible at a later date a cdma version would drop.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Well if you right you've gained my respect and i will for sure take any info you post on here seriously without raising an eyebrow. By the way if no one has, welcome to the forums :)

ditto... I'd like to believe this guy but, given the number of rumors that we've seen coming across this site that have mostly turned out to be false I'm going wait and see what actually happens on or around these dates (granted that they seem like reasonable/logical dates). If the reality matches up then we'll be happy to acknowledge that we've got a new member with some serious credibility for inside info... till then I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for some great new phones. :cool:

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Well I do think the verizon flagship Windows phone is basically the HTC Zenith. But I do think the Nokia Lumia is going to be the most popular. Also Verizon is more of a multiple OEM carrier. So I do think more Wp - high end and midrange will come to Verizon

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I have a source who is in corporate sales with VZW and works to get phones for large clients (Clearchannel, Media General, etc). He was right on VZW's big push towards Android a few years ago.

It's true that VZW is going to actively work to drive down iPhone sales. But VZW is also not a fan of the cost of Android. They have a massive marketing blitz prepared for the holidays to promote Windows Phone 8 and will be offering the highest incentives to their retail and corporate sales people for getting people to move the WP8. I've also heard that Nokia/MS and other manufacturers may help subsidize Verizon basically allowing any customer currently under contract to get a new WP8 device at the subsidized price with a two year contract that restarts at the date of purchase.

I know from another friend that works at a large marketing firm about further tie-ins that go beyond just Verizon with Windows Phone likely featured in Wal-Mart, Target, and Best Buy ads for the holidays.

I've heard the first device to launch on VZW will come from HTC. The Nokia will come a little later and the Samsung timing is unsure at the moment. VZW was also planning on having a WP8 prepaid device.

From what I've been told, WP8 is becoming VZW's preferred phone platform going forward. They are left on their own a lot with Android and the market is heavily fractured. With iPhone they have no choice but to play by Apple's rules. MS has sought their input for WP8 and they feel they have a real partner with MS.

My guess is it is the same for most of the Android manufacturers apart from Moto. Samsung just got stung and Microsoft offers them a lot more protection in the future than Google ever will. I think MS needs to get Samsung fully onboard with Windows Phone. The increasing Android patent infringement fees coupled with Apple's potential lawsuits over Android make WP8 appealing. Going with MS means they can keep Apple away with their cross licensing deals.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077