HTC Titan III for Verizon-I'm 99% Sure

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I honestly never say that I'm 100% correct, but this one is pretty darn close.

HTC Titan III is going to Verizon. And I have multiple sources.

1. A member here at WPCentral *said* he worked at Verizon and (what I think happened) is that, as he described, he saw an early prototype of the HTC Titan III. Yes, folks it WILL be dual-core.

2. Passed Bluetooth certification today with LTE bands. Yes, this is the HTC Titan III.

3. The Rio, Accord, and Zenith, which leaked earlier this summer.

4. I was at the Verizon store yesterday buying a MiFi since I can get Verizon's ...err...internet here instead of my AT&T's EDGE. I actually ended up speaking with the manager after activation hoops. He was quite curious to see what I was actually doing online. I simply answered "Windows Phones." and he sorta sighed. I bet he was thinking, "crap, no wonder why he has AT&T", as he was also very interested in me becoming a customer. I told him that I should be back this fall for the HTC Titan III. He smiled quickly, but made sure not to comment.

Now yes, the Zenith is a GSM phone. However, HTC must be keeping a CDMA version behind all of this.

I could honestly see a GSM model and a CDMA Model.

Here are the specs for the GSM version:
-HTC One X Looking Device
-4.7" 720p Super LCD 2
-8 MP Camera with 1080p Video Recording (for the GSM model only)
-HSPA+ (4G...well...yeah)
-Quad-core Qualcomm processor

Now, with the CDMA version close following, here are some "changes to expect":
-16 MP Camera instead of 8 MP
-Verizon's 4G LTE (whatever you'd like to call it)
-Possible downgrade to a Dual Core chip to keep costs down...sigh

Honestly, I think it is safe to say that this is coming to Verizon. I just might be able to pay the early termination fee of $185 to ditch EDGE and go for...LTE, lol.

Quad Core seems to be a bit hefty now, but keep in mind that WP8 supports up to 64 cores.

Expect the Nokia Atlas as well + (possibly) a 20 MP Nokia PureView phone in May.

And just to make it fun, I switched to Android so I can be a little more thankful.

ALborntoride

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. This really makes me excited about switching from ATT to Verizon. Better service+W8 phone..Yes please!!! I've never really had good luck with HTC (got a HTC Inspire and hated it) but i like how the Titan looks. Hopefully Verizon will have a good variety of W8 phones to choose from.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
It wont be called the Titan 3 (just like there isnt a Droid on AT&T) but VZW has some insane devices launching September/October. Whether you're into iOS, Android, or WP, it'll be a great time to be a customer. And I'm not just saying crap to fluff VZW. It is very true. We're getting hammered on about accesories and trade ins because we have some crazy subsidies coming up

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
It wont be called the Titan 3 (just like there isnt a Droid on AT&T) but VZW has some insane devices launching September/October. Whether you're into iOS, Android, or WP, it'll be a great time to be a customer. And I'm not just saying crap to fluff VZW. It is very true. We're getting hammered on about accesories and trade ins because we have some crazy subsidies coming up

I can't wait!

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I used to think that the Titan was way too big of a phone, but after having the Galaxy S III for a little while I realized that it really wasn't uncomfortable to hold or carry. I do feel that the next Titan does need to be a little bit thinner in order to compete with the GSIII but I think that HTC is definitely capable of doing so. I also do not like the fact that the GSIII is extremely slippery, an issue I've never had with an HTC device. As Honestabebread said, we're coming up on a great time to be in the market for a phone. While I have no interest whatsoever in the next iPhone (unless WP8 turns out to be extremely underwhelming, which I doubt), I'm curious to see what the next Nexus device will be like. I'm setting my sights on a Nokia WP8 device whenever it ends up being released, but I can steal my dad's upgrade in February if I feel like switching by then. Heck, even BB10 will most likely be released by then and if they're competitive, I'll give RIM a look.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Just hope its better not worse. Only thing the titan 2 improved over the original was the camera, but that came at the expense of a much less sleek shape in my eyes. Also the original has a much easier to replace battery.

Though HTC has a long long way to go to get me to buy another of their phones after being orphaned with my titan shortly after launch. Luckily I got mine for $0.01 so I can not complain too much.

Honestabebread

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I was kind of looking forward to BB10 as well, but I don't think Verizon will be a launch partner, if we even carry another BB ever again. We've been very clear both internally and to the media that we want 3 operating systems and WP8 has been chosen.

However, if the new BB10 handsets come out to massive critical acclaim and huge sales numbers, VZW will probably dip in. lol

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I was kind of looking forward to BB10 as well, but I don't think Verizon will be a launch partner, if we even carry another BB ever again. We've been very clear both internally and to the media that we want 3 operating systems and WP8 has been chosen.

However, if the new BB10 handsets come out to massive critical acclaim and huge sales numbers, VZW will probably dip in. lol

I think this will be the trend. Android and iOS will remain the two largest at least for another year or so, but WP8 will climb into the double-digits in market share (where BB used to sit) and BB will end up with just 1% of the market (where WP7 has sat).

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
RIM should just regain focus on what it was the best at. Business usage. EVERYONE that was in sales used to live on a BB. Not any more. Half the salespeople I have worked with in the last 3 years have been switching to iphones. Most of the rest are waiting for upgrade opportunity. Android is really not an option due to vast options available that IT would have to deal with.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I really need to get on the phone with Verizon and try to get my March upgrade moved to November. All of these new phones are going to drive me crazy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs