A Galaxy S3 Windows Phone will dominate...

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I understand why he said that. There's a lot of speculation out there. I have read articles saying Apple is going to push for a ban of the GS3, and other manufactures are going to be afraid of using Android in the future, due to the fear of a billion dollar Apple lawsuit

You're correct, the lawsuit didn't include the GS3, it wasn't even out yet.

It's all speculation.

Well unless they have internal e-mails of samsung admitting to wanting to steal specific pieces from the iphone for the GS3, I don't see them winning anything.

razorguy

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm leaning toward Nokia when I switch to WP8 due to their software support, but on the subject of Samsung, I think their phones have excellent build quality. I bought a Captivate (original Galaxy S) at AT&T on launch day (over two years) and the phone is still in great working condition. I have dropped it multiple times on concrete from above waist high and have intentionally dropped it from head high onto ceramic tile to prove its durability to my iPhone loving friend. It also went for a swim in a fountain for about 20 minutes last summer and still no trouble from it at all. No big bulky case on it, all that's on it is a Zagg screen protector.

Not sure where everyone gets the idea that Samsung makes a cheap phone, but I am overly impressed with my Captivate and have had similar experiences with my Blackjack II and Eternity from Samsung. Still may go Samsung with WP8 but I have a feeling Nokia is going to be bringing some stellar phones to market which will be unrivaled due solely to their consistent software updates and support.

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm leaning toward Nokia when I switch to WP8 due to their software support, but on the subject of Samsung, I think their phones have excellent build quality. I bought a Captivate (original Galaxy S) at AT&T on launch day (over two years) and the phone is still in great working condition. I have dropped it multiple times on concrete from above waist high and have intentionally dropped it from head high onto ceramic tile to prove its durability to my iPhone loving friend. It also went for a swim in a fountain for about 20 minutes last summer and still no trouble from it at all. No big bulky case on it, all that's on it is a Zagg screen protector.

Not sure where everyone gets the idea that Samsung makes a cheap phone, but I am overly impressed with my Captivate and have had similar experiences with my Blackjack II and Eternity from Samsung. Still may go Samsung with WP8 but I have a feeling Nokia is going to be bringing some stellar phones to market which will be unrivaled due solely to their consistent software updates and support.

thats why im leaning more towards a nokia phone as my wp8 device

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't think anyone said that Samsung makes cheap phones. They just said they make cheap FEELING phones.

It's a matter of preference. My people like a solid feel and real strength to a phone. A super light Samsung may be just as good as a Nokia if dropped. That doesn't mean it's as strong. But then again, many people don't want that strength because of weight.

Different strokes for different folks.

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I agree that the phones last. They just look and feel very payless shoey.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, didn't mean it to come across as harsh, It's just the opposite way of talk to how people call their phones "sexy" when they like the form factor. The Lumia 900 is just too heavy and thick as a mobile device. And on top of that it's now a phone that will no longer get updates or any new apps made for Windows Phone 8. So anyone buying one now or who bought one when it came out has a right to be very disappointed. Especially if they left Android for the lack of updates and expected not to run into the same lack of updates with their new WP.

In YOUR opinion. I hate having tech that's super-light. I love my L900 and new iPad because they have some weight to them.

ahumeniy

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I think Samsung could bring a great WP8 device, but I wouldn't buy it if it looks like a previous android model which probably you can get cheaper. It just won't sell well if people can see both devices together. Which one would they buy? the cheaper one.

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I agree with this post the GS3 is amazingly light and Nokia's designs leave much to be desired. I've seen nothing exciting from them so far. Infact MS should have partnered up wit Sammy or somebody other than Nokia.

Last edited:

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I agree with this post the GS3 is amazingly light and Nokia's designs leave much to be desired. I've seen nothing exciting from them so far. Infact MS should have partnered up wit Sammy or somebody other than Nokia.

Your preference. Mine? Nokia had nothing to lose after going through their symbian trial but investing in a company that'll put all of their resources into your product is a smart move ESPECIALLY since Nokia has a great map system and has other services to offer. Samsung would've probably did the same thing they're doing right now: absolutely nothing.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

What about nokia's design don't you like? Samsung and nokia are actually the only phones I have ever used with AMOLED and with the power button on the right side of the phone.

I personally hate the GS3 design becuase it's very round and kiddy looking to me. I love the edges of the L900. It's a very mature and sharp looking phone. And call me old-school but I enjoy having a camera button. I hated my GS3 for not having one.

I just don't see how they can be so far apart in design when they are so close in almost everything except form factor.

Basically put the volume rocker on the left side of the phone, remove the camera button, add a home button. Then make the screen a little bigger and they are almost the same exact phone except for color and rounded edges.

cj-m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, this is a new one...usually it is one OS against another OS and now we are debating phone against phone within the same OS :-D

Regardless, at the end of the day, it is about personal taste, requirements and needs. The biggest winner is still us, the WP consumer as we now have a wider selection and variety to choose from with all these different handset flavours.

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Your preference. Mine? Nokia had nothing to lose after going through their symbian trial but investing in a company that'll put all of their resources into your product is a smart move ESPECIALLY since Nokia has a great map system and has other services to offer. Samsung would've probably did the same thing they're doing right now: absolutely nothing.

I can understand MS being happy about Nokia going all in with their product but if the design is crap, OK that's too harsh let's just say D-U-L-L! Then what is the point? Nobody but Nokia ****** is gonna buy it. Am I'm NOT saying Sammy is all that either but the GSIII is a nice looking phone and I'd take it over a Lumia XXX.

What about nokia's design don't you like?

Basically since Nokia is in the passenger seat next to MS them I was expecting something AWESOME! Game changing! Spectacular! So far I'm yet to be WOWed by anything they've done. The Lumia series?? Zzzzzz! There prototypes have even been awful! Remember that TV remote looking thing from a few months ago? :straight: OY! Terrible! Now several months ago I would have been very pleased with a Titan sized device or something like the GSIII even. Then I discovered an amazing, ground breaking, breath taking device... say it with me now... PADFONE! :D Now had Nokia grabbed a Surface from MS and added phone guts *BOOM!* WP8 now has a game changing device. Now WP8 sales are off the charts! Even a 5" or 7" Surface Phon-let would have shaken things up. But no, instead Nokia tossed out some lame A$$ looking slabs and keeps barking about Pureview! Said it before and I'll say it again... A fancy camera ain't gonna do it! This feature will not have enough "draw" power to sway more than a few on board with WP8! :straight:

Lumia 900 awards - Nokia - USA

That and a dollar might get you a cup of coffee! If there designs were so freakin great then why wasn't their phones flying off the shelf? Why did they nearly go belly up? :straight:

Last edited:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
That and a dollar might get you a cup of coffee! If there designs were so freakin great then why wasn't their phones flying off the shelf? Why did they nearly go belly up? :straight:

Well with their supposed not so great design they have already blown by HTC and Samsung in WP sales. And that in less than a year of those devices being on sale.

So pray tell then, which of the other WP devices has a better design?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb