Ativ S new name for Odyssey?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Most recent Samsung rumor- there has been a filing to trademark the "ativ" by Samsung for a Tablet and a Mobile phone, and rumor is they will be the name used on a Windows 8 Tablet and the new top end WP.

Samsung trademarks Ativ Tab and Ativ S names, may give a peek into its Windows (Phone) 8 world -- Engadget

Okay, I have to ask: WHAT in the name of the explosions in the Expendable Movies is an "Ativ"?? Are we just making crap up now???

Still excited by the next Sammy WP, but please, guys, Android gets the Galaxy name which brings the vision of an endless horizon and we get ..... I do not know what!!!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It's like "active", but without CE.

You know, since WP8 is no longer using CE for its kernel.

Okay. I just made that up. But you know a tiny part if you kinda believed it for one second.:D

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
That's a good name actually.

Galaxy = Android/ Android tabs
Ativ = Windows phone/ Windows 8
Hey, if that is where they go I am sure I would get used to it. No one really questions the "Atrix" names from Motorola on AT&T, so I am sure it will be fine.

But where do they come up with this??

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Honestly. that name doesn't have a good catch to it. here's my names for the samsung Series Windows devices

Samsung Evolution Tab
Samsung Evolution S
Samsung Evolution Note
this has a much better ring to it.

Evolution series meaning. the way technology is moving into new things. meaning Windows 8 and Windows phone

Last edited:

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey, if that is where they go I am sure I would get used to it. No one really questions the "Atrix" names from Motorola on AT&T, so I am sure it will be fine.

But where do they come up with this??
I dunno From their Cleaners in their mobile department?

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It's not like the Focus name lit the world on fire. I think we have just about exhausted all the aspirational cell phone names out there. It's not like I love Ativ, but I don't think it's the worst thing ever. I'd like to see Samsung build a name brand that carries with the strength of Galaxy. Something that will hold up.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Holy trademark lawsuit waiting to happen Batman!

ATIV Software | EventPilot professional native conference app for medical and scientific events and meetings

And it's even a company involved in some respect with smartphones, so it's not like the whole German-grocery-store-"Metro" fiasco. You'd think that Samsung would be tired of the inside of courtrooms by now. As long as they're just making up words, why not make one up that nobody else is using?

That would be kind of funny. Jump to WP yo avoid lawsuits, then pick a product name that gets you sued. :lol:

They should name it Gzusor. Just hit random keys in the keyboard and I made a name that is better for them legally. I now just await my consultation fee of..
. $1.05 billion.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Second that.

Actually, for me, anything Sammy does is meh...

Odyessey was faaaaar better. IMHO.
I KNOW, RIGHT???

Who wrote the stupid law in mobile that says the working name of a device has to be changed when it is released?? I commented a couple of times I think Odyssey Series would have been great for WP devices!!

I feel so ripped off......

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I KNOW, RIGHT???

Who wrote the stupid law in mobile that says the working name of a device has to be changed when it is released?? I commented a couple of times I think Odyssey Series would have been great for WP devices!!

I feel so ripped off......

hehe..feel u bro...Odyssey is cool! (Am currently reading 2001: A Space Odyssey) :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo