nokia 920 leak, with pureview technology

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm a little concerned about that, I'm leaning towards it not being there. In the leaks, the 820 is specifically said to be 8GB+microSD, and the 920 is only said to be 32GB.

Plus, the renders show the top of the device with nothing but a headphone jack and the SIM tray, a clean left side of the device, and similar buttons to existing devices on the right. Unless they're planning on having microSD fit in somewhere near the speakers and the microUSB, I doubt the 920 will have it.

Why the flagship wouldn't include this feature is perplexing.

Granted, I haven't even used the 16 GB on my Titan. And cloud integration is supposed to be much tighter in WP8. But still... carriers aren't all that generous when it comes to data use. So it would be nice to have as much as possible locally.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
By my calculations (measuring and comparing the USB ports) it looks like the 920 will be 11mm thick. I believe that's enough for a 21mp camera.

I thnk we have had enough of sources today pointing out that we will get severely watered down PureView sensor on Lumia 820.
8MP sensor with some added stuff and hopefully sensor from the Symbian side rather than Windows Phone.

As a owner of the dad of all camera phones, Nokia 808 PureView i'm now pretty much set for Lumia 820.

mb-dape

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Regardless of megapixels, if the 920 does not crush every Android and iPhone camera out there I will call it a BIG disappointment.

Then I will look at HTC first and maybe Samsung when/if I am going for a WP8 device.

Wireless charging wont sell many phones, if the phone recharge slower why shouldnt I just plug in the normal charger? The wireless charger still need to be plugged in anyway.

If the camera is just on pair or slightly better then the other phones, I think Nokia will have a hard time outselling Samsung and HTC.

mb-dape

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking, wouldnt it be better for Nokia to make something a little more different from the WP7 Lumias? There is nothing wrong about the design, I think it is a good looking phone, but my first thought was, "I have seen that before", and I dont think that is what WP/Nokia needs right now.

WP8 is such a big step from WP7. When MS are going to promote all the new features, wouldnt it be more startling to combine it with all new Lumias too?

I think a lot of potential buyers will look at it and think of the lame WP7, even the names are too similar, and thats just not fair when the 920/WP8 will be a much, much better phone then the 900.

What do you think?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Why the flagship wouldn't include this feature is perplexing.

Granted, I haven't even used the 16 GB on my Titan. And cloud integration is supposed to be much tighter in WP8. But still... carriers aren't all that generous when it comes to data use. So it would be nice to have as much as possible locally.

Well, In my case, I've got something like 10GB of games and apps installed already. That means on my Lumia 900 I'm down to something like 3GB for music. What I really like about the idea of having the 32GB plus microSD is that I could reserve the internal 32GB for apps and then fill a 64GB microSD with music. Yes, I use Zune Pass now anyway, but it really is nice to have nearly all of my music collection locally instead of having to stream everything all the time.

But, it sounds like maybe the 920 is only going to be the 32GB, which would be a little disappointing.

As for the above mentioned post about HDMI out, I wondered this aloud in the frontpage comments for an Ativ S post (which doesn't have HDMI out listed in its specs, despite the Galaxy S3 having it via an MHL connector); does WP8 even support video out? I know we've read there will be remote desktop-like capabilities for viewing the screen of your phone on a PC, but I'd really love HDMI out for those rare occasions when I want to display my phone's screen on a (non-networked) TV, like when visiting family and showing them pictures or something.

mb-dape

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, In my case, I've got something like 10GB of games and apps installed already. That means on my Lumia 900 I'm down to something like 3GB for music. What I really like about the idea of having the 32GB plus microSD is that I could reserve the internal 32GB for apps and then fill a 64GB microSD with music. Yes, I use Zune Pass now anyway, but it really is nice to have nearly all of my music collection locally instead of having to stream everything all the time.

But, it sounds like maybe the 920 is only going to be the 32GB, which would be a little disappointing.

There is another situation where I find removable storage very handy. When I am on a vacation or on the road with my camera, I can just plug the memory card from the camera (micro SD in a standard SD adapter) in to my phone and upload the photos to Skydrive/Dropbox or even publish them online within minutes without my laptop! :)

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
The wireless charging is only good if it's fast.

On my Pre, it was the same speed to charge wirelessly as it was with the microUSB plugged in. That being said, I found that I put it on the charger more frequently when I had wireless charging than I do now, which means to me at least, speed isn't quite that big a factor in it.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
On my Pre, it was the same speed to charge wirelessly as it was with the microUSB plugged in. That being said, I found that I put it on the charger more frequently when I had wireless charging than I do now, which means to me at least, speed isn't quite that big a factor in it.

Sure it's a little easier to simply put the phone down on a block then to hassle plugging it in every night.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Sure it's a little easier to simply put the phone down on a block then to hassle plugging it in every night.

It wasn't just that. I had one at my desk at work, and whenever I wasn't actively using my phone, it was just on the charger. Now, with my Lumia 900, it's usually in my pocket when I'm at my desk, despite having the microUSB charger, since it's slightly more of a hassle to plug in every time when I sit down and unplug when I get up (I'm not at my desk about half of the day).

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It wasn't just that. I had one at my desk at work, and whenever I wasn't actively using my phone, it was just on the charger. Now, with my Lumia 900, it's usually in my pocket when I'm at my desk, despite having the microUSB charger, since it's slightly more of a hassle to plug in every time when I sit down and unplug when I get up (I'm not at my desk about half of the day).

That makes perfect sense.

If there is a common spot in the daytime that someone normally lays their phone, it can be a convenient charging spot without even have to think about it. Just lay it down and pick it up as many times as you want throughout the day.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah is a hassle. My best friend loves to text me late a night when my phone is charging. The cord is short so it makes me mad.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
What really sucks is that the 820 has pretty much everything I want -- it's smaller and likely cheaper than the 920, looks to have a more single-handed friendly grip, expandable storage, and replaceable backs. The last point is superimportant to me because I really want a red phone, and now this means I my phone and theme won't clash, unlike with the red 920. The one thing it won't have is the best camera available for the new Lumias.

The fifth can't get here soon enough. So much to decide.

Sparkyscrum

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

I'm hoping that the 920 has an SD slot. I've currently got a HTC Pro 7 and the 8GB is used up so quickly. And thats without videos or music. The idea of having a 720 capable screen means I will like to have some HD material on my next phone but if I'm limited to 32GB overall I may struggle to have much worthwhile HD on it then.

Even my Blackberry Torch has a 32GB SD card in it plus 8GB inbuilt.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
What really sucks is that the 820 has pretty much everything I want -- it's smaller and likely cheaper than the 920, looks to have a more single-handed friendly grip, expandable storage, and replaceable backs. The last point is superimportant to me because I really want a red phone, and now this means I my phone and theme won't clash, unlike with the red 920. The one thing it won't have is the best camera available for the new Lumias.

The fifth can't get here soon enough. So much to decide.

There's a chance both the 820 and 920 had the same Camera. Like on those One phones, the screen will be smaller and probably had the same 800x480 resolution (I hope not)

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing compromising about choosing a person's personal preferences as long as they are his/her own.
No, that is simply not what "no compromises" signifies. It should not be used to communicate "I want a device that perfectly fits my specific lifestyle", such usage is hyperbolic and overdramatisation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte