Is this Nokia's best after all the Smack Talk?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I like the features and specs of the 920. Will I upgrade from my 900 to a 920, nope. I'll wait for the next major release to get a new windows phone. But when I had a iPhone, I didn't go from a 3g to a 3gs. I waited for the ip4. I skipped the ip4s too.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I think the main detractors in this topic and others have a hard time admitting to something they dislike. You're mad at Nokia because everyone seems to have a liking to them. So you create barrier after barrier for yourself to make sure there isn't a way for you to own up and say they made a great product. You're lying to yourself. You may not have to like it and might not want to buy it, but you should be able to say when something is great and separate it from your opinion

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I think the main detractors in this topic and others have a hard time admitting to something they dislike. You're mad at Nokia because everyone seems to have a liking to them. So you create barrier after barrier for yourself to make sure there isn't a way for you to own up and say they made a great product. You're lying to yourself. You may not have to like it and might not want to buy it, but you should be able to say when something is great and separate it from your opinion
The 920 looks good and I am sure that it's nice, but I wanted it to be more than a 900 with better specs.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The 920 is neither thin nor compact. And I don't care if you give me a phone with a huge bump.

Edit: goodthings. I don't mind a thick phone with the 808 technology

I actually felt in love with this phone.

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

If you noticed, it has the same ugly bezel of the 920, an even smaller screen on a bigger device, way thick than the 920 also. BUT it has the best camera Nokia has to offer.

Somehow I don't buy that. If Nokia released a WP that looked like that you would find a way to complain about how it was ugly.

The 920 has great features and you still rag on it for the bezel so somehow I doubt you would forgive that phone's looks just because it has a good camera.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Somehow I don't buy that. If Nokia released a WP that looked like that you would find a way to complain about how it was ugly.

The 920 has great features and you still rag on it for the bezel so somehow I doubt you would forgive that phone's looks just because it has a good camera.

The 920 is a mid-range device trying to pass as a flagship. If it had the real Pureview I would be fanboying pretty hard, even if the 820 had the real Pureview camera I would get that instead.

The thing I got was a barely better camera in a plain mehish device. I could be wrong and the final results would blow everything out of the water but so far nothing they offer feels high end.

I guess if they sell it for 100$ it would be acceptable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss