09-12-2012 03:06 AM
127 1234 ...
tools
    Not to be difficult but....

Nokia Drive - I'll assume this is some sort of GPS which means it would be a back up since i have a TomTom

Maps - What's the point? It's WP8 so I'm sure MS is gonna pimp Bing maps pretty hard.

Music - I have a Zune. Why drain my battery playing music except for Pandora when I forget my Zune.

Camera - I have a digital camera so don't need or care about it.

Transit Map - ??

Please. So because YOU don't use the apps/features, you're saying it didn't create an impact on the os? So bing maps was what everyone loved before Nokia stepped in? People didn't gripe about not having Pandora even with the Zune software? You don't care about the new camera functions that match and possibly pass the new and current crop?

Yeah you are t-rolling
    09-05-2012 11:05 PM
    HTC isn't as great as Samsung and they care about Windows Phone even less. They do however love to max the specs of their Windows Phone and actually made phones with WP in mind.

I'll keep an eye of them. ( The leak looks bad)
    09-05-2012 11:05 PM
    I'm curious to know how much of a hit this pure technology in the lumias will have on it's 18xx MaH battery. The Ativ currently has 21xx Mah of battery at least so the HTCs will be on par with that. Plus I saw an article about them being bullish on WP8 which means that they will try harder this time around to support WP.
    We can hope.

It truly seems that WP Central community is overall disappointed with the Nokia announcement. I mean TRULY disappointed. That surprises me. But that got me thinking: If Nokia disappoints, then it is only bad news for WP. Nokia's investors are sharpening their pitchforks and warming up their torches, and if the new Lumia line stumbles out of the gate Nokia may be looking at an ugly uprising. That "Plan B" may be put into action, and there may be a new CEO really soon into 2013.

If that worst case scenario happens, we really need HTC and Samsung to be alive with WP 8 for our OS to be a serious player. We need HTC. I really feel we may have a better chance for HTC to become a premier WP manufacturer than Samsung. Sammy may have a slight legal problem to deal with, but their Android sales are second to no one and their feature phone sales are amazing. They are also investing in the Tizen OS.

HTC needs a hit. I want to see them go hard for us, because I think it could be a win/win if they truly do.

So again, I hope we are all excited. I am willing to forgive them for the Titan fiasco (that is the Christian thing to do, anyways) if they are willing to learn from it.

We may really, really, REALLY need HTC soon.....
    X0LARIUM and a5cent like this.
    09-06-2012 12:09 AM
    We can hope.

It truly seems that WP Central community is overall disappointed with the Nokia announcement. I mean TRULY disappointed. That surprises me. But that got me thinking: If Nokia disappoints, then it is only bad news for WP. Nokia's investors are sharpening their pitchforks and warming up their torches, and if the new Lumia line stumbles out of the gate Nokia may be looking at an ugly uprising. That "Plan B" may be put into action, and there may be a new CEO really soon into 2013.

If that worst case scenario happens, we really need HTC and Samsung to be alive with WP 8 for our OS to be a serious player. We need HTC. I really feel we may have a better chance for HTC to become a premier WP manufacturer than Samsung. Sammy may have a slight legal problem to deal with, but their Android sales are second to no one and their feature phone sales are amazing. They are also investing in the Tizen OS.

HTC needs a hit. I want to see them go hard for us, because I think it could be a win/win if they truly do.

So again, I hope we are all excited. I am willing to forgive them for the Titan fiasco (that is the Christian thing to do, anyways) if they are willing to learn from it.

We may really, really, REALLY need HTC soon.....
    I told you Snowmutt...HTC will be the dark horse of the race. They are the underdog. I liked Nokia when I saw it, but as time passed, I thought about it and wondered..."wait..aren't the specs a lil old..."

Anyways, HTC will surprise us (me). I am sure.
    Hope.
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-06-2012 12:30 AM
    I told you Snowmutt...HTC will be the dark horse of the race. They are the underdog. I liked Nokia when I saw it, but as time passed, I thought about it and wondered..."wait..aren't the specs a lil old..."

Anyways, HTC will surprise us (me). I am sure.
    Hope.
    Fingers crossed, rabbit's foot out, spilled salt tossed over the shoulder, no umbrella's are opened indoors, and I do not even own a black cat to get in my paths way.

Hope is in full force, buddy....
    09-06-2012 12:34 AM
    One thing is probably certain about the HTC launch - whatever they do, a lot of people here will find a way to complain about it like they did today.
    snowmutt, Reflexx and mafu6 like this.
    09-06-2012 12:35 AM
    Sorry but the specs nor the camera tech is old
    Reflexx likes this.
    09-06-2012 12:35 AM
    Fingers crossed, rabbit's foot out, spilled salt tossed over the shoulder, no umbrella's are opened indoors, and I do not even own a black cat to get in my paths way.

Hope is in full force, buddy....
    Yup!

ANd believe me, they will deliver. Their state isn't any better than Nokia. Nokia was compelled and obliged to release something on 5th. HTC said, we will take time, but we will deliver. Not screw up. Deliver.

So that's that...
    09-06-2012 12:36 AM
    Sorry but the specs nor the camera tech is old
    8MP isn't old?? Are you kidding me..The Titan2 ALREADY has a 16MP.

Dual core...really?? I ALREADY have a dual core and that was almost a year back.

If I have to jump the boat from Android to WP (and believe me, I want to), what do I get? Another dual core, which will be redundant in a couple of months. OR at least in a few for sure...

We needed a future-proof device. By future I mean, till the next BIG innovation comes by, which is anywere between 6 months to a year away.
    shaunydub likes this.
    09-06-2012 12:41 AM
    One thing is probably certain about the HTC launch - whatever they do, a lot of people here will find a way to complain about it like they did today.
    Like I said earlier, I was surprised how upset everyone was with the Nokia devices. They look great to me, and I liked the red one (although the fact the called it lipstick red during the presentation kinda hurt my manhood). I LOVED the screens, and any camera nut should be excited.

But I am good with HTC trying to upstage them and reinvent their companies image by releasing a fun set of devices.
    09-06-2012 12:42 AM

Dual core...really?? I ALREADY have a dual core and that was almost a year back.

If I have to jump the boat from Android to WP (and believe me, I want to), what do I get? Another dual core, which will be redundant in a couple of months. OR at least in a few for sure...

We needed a future-proof device. By future I mean, till the next BIG innovation comes by, which is anywere between 6 months to a year away.
    8.7 with pure view and floating camera technology. No it isn't old. Yes there are bigger cams, but not better sensors. None. Zilch. And the majority of current phones have 8 mp

Dual core uses lte. Quad core does not. If you didn't have lte, trust you'd complain

This is future proof. Microsoft said that back in July
    09-06-2012 12:44 AM
    Don't confuse current with old
    09-06-2012 12:47 AM
    Nokia hasn't offered any exclusive software that personally interests me. It may be a selling point for others, but not for me. Just like some people really care about the Ativ S's low weight and others are indifferent.
    Nokia drive, maps, music, lens, camera extras and new pure view hardware, transit map, etc. does nothing for you? I think you can at least admit that they are bringing some great things to the table. Whether you care or not is something different but we didn't have those things before. And the apps that weren't there that Nokia had to go and fetch? Yeah I just can't buy you completely being uninterested
    Read my post again.

I am uninterested in the Nokia exclusive apps. No matter how interested you are, and that's fine, I am not. I already said that was just my preferences, that others may be interested.

You need to drop with the personal attacks just because someone else is not in loooooooooooove with Nokia like you are. This thread is about the HTC 8X. If the lack of Nokia exclusive apps is a deal-breaker for you, good for you, go buy a Lumia 920. Not everyone is the same as you, and that doesn't mean they're "t-rolling."
    09-06-2012 12:50 AM
    Read my post again.

I am uninterested in the Nokia exclusive apps. No matter how interested you are, and that's fine, I am not. I already said that was just my preferences, that others may be interested.

You need to drop with the personal attacks just because someone else is not in loooooooooooove with Nokia like you are. This thread is about the HTC 8X. If the lack of Nokia exclusive apps is a deal-breaker for you, good for you, go buy a Lumia 920. Not everyone is the same as you, and that doesn't mean they're "t-rolling."
    Sir I wasn't talking to you. That was to preluva
    09-06-2012 12:51 AM
    Don't confuse current with old
    And don't confuse moving forward with moving sideways. You can argue it is still moving...

It will be old in no time. Believe me. And why have (read be satisfied with) current when your competition is talking about tomorrow.

iOS and Android will be pulling things out of the hat that will define their future. And here we are showing devices that are having:

a) What other phones already have today

b) Nothing new

c) tech that will be redundant in a couple of months...
    09-06-2012 12:54 AM
    What matters is picture quality. Quality is determined by a lot of things besides megapixels.

The Lumia 920 is filled with camera tech that isn't present on any other competitor's phone. If it's high tech you want, it's got it.

What's important? Performance or specs?

Also, there aren't any quad cores that currently support LTE.

If that's your mindset, then Android might be the right OS for you.

WP is about being lean and efficient. It's never been about needing powerful hardware. So until it gains a really high market share, you likely won't see that kind of hardware on WP. It's a very niche market.

Besides, the new crop of WP handsets coming out rival the specs of the top phones out there right now. I don't get why you feel that an OS that doesn't even need that much power should have devices that go far beyond the Android counterparts that require that much power just to be smooth.

The next BIG innovation was just announced with Nokia's Optical Image Stabilization.
    cckgz4, mafu6, a5cent and 2 others like this.
    09-06-2012 12:56 AM
    And don't confuse moving forward with moving sideways. You can argue its till moving...

It will be old in no time. Believe me. And why have current also when your competition is talking about tomorrow.

iOS and Android will be pulling things out of the hat that will define their future. And here we are showing devices that are having:
    a) What other phone has today

b) Nothing new

c) tech that will be redundant in a couple of months...
    What could they have done differently that would make you feel different? The iPhone 4s camera was not about the mp and has killed A LOT of smart phones in shoot offs. You can't make quad core just work with lte and had they not made it lte compatible, it would be a bigger uproar. Android didn't pull anything out of their hat with their partner Motorola besides bigger screens and batteries. We will see what iPhone will bring

And no camera compares to the 920. None. That's future proof.
    09-06-2012 12:59 AM
    And look at the price of the 808. Who's going to pay that much for symbian, let alone a similar wp device? So yes,it is slimmed down for better pricing
    09-06-2012 01:00 AM
    What matters is picture quality. Quality is determined by a lot of things besides megapixels.

The Lumia 920 is filled with camera tech that isn't present on any other competitor's phone. If it's high tech you want, it's got it.

What's important? Performance or specs?

Also, there aren't any quad cores that currently support LTE.

If that's your mindset, then Android might be the right OS for you.

WP is about being lean and efficient. It's never been about needing powerful hardware. So until it gains a really high market share, you likely won't see that kind of hardware on WP. It's a very niche market.

Besides, the new crop of WP handsets coming out rival the specs of the top phones out there right now. I don't get why you feel that an OS that doesn't even need that much power should have devices that go far beyond the Android counterparts that require that much power just to be smooth.

The next BIG innovation was just announced with Nokia's Optical Image Stabilization.
    Ok..I buy your point. BUT, there is something I read somewhere here (will try to link it here later) which I totally agree with. Specs are important. It is a spec war out there, and we being WP fans have nothing to boast about, it is a shame.

iPhone 5 owner: "hey..I have a QUAD core, super high retina display, with 15MP cam and 2GB RAM. What about you..."
    WP user: *Mumbles something*
    iPhone 5 owner: "Got it. I win."

It is all about specs my friend...

Or they have to prove to us why a dual core WP8 is BETTER than a quad core iOS or Andy phone..
    nokia4life likes this.
    09-06-2012 01:02 AM
    I doubt the 5 will have quad core. It doesn't even have lte currently
    09-06-2012 01:04 AM
    I doubt the 5 will have quad core. It doesn't even have lte currently
    Apple was/still is an innovator and we both know that. I am just saying that cause I know how much people expect Apple to really come up with something that will be ground breaking. As much as I hate Apple, I have to admit, they will do something radical. If not, we will be in the same (sinking) boat :P

I am still going for a WP8, irrespctive of what was showcased yesterday. HTC mostly though...
    09-06-2012 01:07 AM
    Specs are easy for marketing. That's true.

But MS has been more about trying to change perceptions from specs to performance.

That's why they did the Smoked By Windows Phone campaign. I expect we'll see more things like that.

Tonight's Lumia 920 camera challenge is another example.
    X0LARIUM, a5cent and nokia4life like this.
    09-06-2012 01:09 AM
    Specs are easy for marketing. That's true.

But MS has been more about trying to change perceptions from specs to performance.

That's why they did the Smoked By Windows Phone campaign. I expect we'll see more things like that.

Tonight's Lumia 920 camera challenge is another example.
    Agree 100%. ANd I am ready to support MS in this uphill task. It is difficult, but surely one fight they have taken up.

Hmm...you made a very good point my friend. It is spec vs performance now.
    09-06-2012 01:28 AM
    Any dates for HTC BTW...?
    09-06-2012 02:07 AM
    The 19th I believe
    09-06-2012 02:16 AM
127 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD