tools
    The 19th I believe
    Hmm..thanx... :)
    09-06-2012 02:25 AM
    I think HTC will bring their One series to WP8 so we are going to have:

HTC8X
    HTC8S
    HTC8V

does that make anyone really excited about HTC and WP8?
    09-06-2012 03:00 AM

HTC8X
    HTC8S
    HTC8V

Me...
    Was looking to save some money this time but looks like I will have to shell out more than last time.. :P
    09-06-2012 03:27 AM

HTC8X
    HTC8S
    HTC8V

Okay, well the naming idea ain't pumping me up.... but give me the devices, and we can talk....
    09-06-2012 04:09 AM
    Pretty sure i'll be getting the lumia 920, I feel increadibly shafted by HTC with my Titan, they care more about Android..
    snowmutt and tissotti like this.
    09-06-2012 06:07 AM
    If HTC promises us that they will actually support our phones after the release of the device then I might bite. I love HTC products, but man they can be very slow with support or not even support your device at all.

How many of you are holding a Titan/Titan 2 without updates to Tango? (This doesn't count for you ROM flashing junkies. lol.)
    X0LARIUM likes this.
    09-06-2012 07:39 AM
    Ok..I buy your point. BUT, there is something I read somewhere here (will try to link it here later) which I totally agree with. Specs are important. It is a spec war out there, and we being WP fans have nothing to boast about, it is a shame.

iPhone 5 owner: "hey..I have a QUAD core, super high retina display, with 15MP cam and 2GB RAM. What about you..."
    WP user: *Mumbles something*
    iPhone 5 owner: "Got it. I win."

It is all about specs my friend...

Or they have to prove to us why a dual core WP8 is BETTER than a quad core iOS or Andy phone..
    iphone 5 is pretty much slated to just be a 4s with slightly better specs. The retina display will actually be LOWER resolution than the 768 of wp8 devices. They are taking their 960x640 retina display and stretching it to 16:9. 1136x640. That is LESS than 1280x768. No matter what apple sticks on it as a name. Retina will no longer be the high res on the market. Most tech sites are thinking the 5 camera will still be a 8mp unit. So the nokia could deliver better pictures. Depends on the apple software behind their lens. As for quad core and 2gb ram, very very doubtful. Unless the slightly larger case allows apple to cram double the battery power into it, there is no way they would shorten their on time that much by putting in a quad.

HTC will have to blow me away to keep me as a customer. The software behind the 920 makes me want one, even though I have never been a huge admirer of the lumia design. Luckily I have another 8 months to worry about upgrade.
    09-06-2012 08:14 AM
    I sure hope the HTC event isn't like the Samsung event where they just announce the device and then don't really go into any details or demos. that would do nothing for them.
    09-06-2012 09:53 AM
    Agree 100%. ANd I am ready to support MS in this uphill task. It is difficult, but surely one fight they have taken up.

Hmm...you made a very good point my friend. It is spec vs performance now.
    BTW, whoever that Indian lady was that did the Smoked by Nokia commercials needs to be hired by MS to represent all WP. She's the most beautiful woman I've seen on TV.

:D
    09-06-2012 10:06 AM
    HTC it is your Turn Now let see what they bring to the court.

I sure hope the HTC event isn't like the Samsung event where they just announce the device and then don't really go into any details or demos. that would do nothing for them.
    Should be better than
    " Samsung WP8 Unveiling was all of 8 seconds long for One Device" :lol:
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-06-2012 10:23 AM
    If HTC came out with a 3.7"-3.9" device they'd have the small handset WP market to themselves. It's not a device I would want, but there are many that would.

If they managed to add a nice, thin keyboard, then even better.
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-06-2012 10:32 AM
    If HTC came out with a 3.7"-3.9" device they'd have the small handset WP market to themselves. It's not a device I would want, but there are many that would.

If they managed to add a nice, thin keyboard, then even better.
    *rolling eyes sarcastically, much like his 20 year old Daughter has taught him*

Keyboards??? What crazy talk is THAT?? What manufacturer would ever think some consumers might want a keyboard AND a Windows Phone??

*walks off in huff, slams bedroom door, turns on Zune player from 10 to 11*
    Reflexx, mafu6 and X0LARIUM like this.
    09-06-2012 10:38 AM
    ^ um, yeah.
    09-06-2012 10:52 AM

HTC8X
    HTC8S
    HTC8V

Well, as someone who really really likes the One X, just not Android or Sense UI, well...yes, yes it does. I know that was a rhetorical question meant to draw a chorus of "no's," but since the One X is a brilliant phone held back by Android/Sense suckage and poor carrier availability, I'm sure I'm not the only "yes."
    09-06-2012 11:41 AM
    I'm a fan of the one series design as well but nokias support trumps anything (for me) at the moment.
    09-06-2012 11:56 AM
    8MP isn't old?? Are you kidding me..The Titan2 ALREADY has a 16MP.

Dual core...really?? I ALREADY have a dual core and that was almost a year back.

If I have to jump the boat from Android to WP (and believe me, I want to), what do I get? Another dual core, which will be redundant in a couple of months. OR at least in a few for sure...

We needed a future-proof device. By future I mean, till the next BIG innovation comes by, which is anywere between 6 months to a year away.
    WP requires much less processing power to run smoothly than Android. Everyone who's ever compared the two knows that. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 right now, and my older HTC Titan runs more smoothly. If it had the same reception that my new phone has, I'd still be using it.

Another thing that everyone should know is that megapixel count isn't, by a long shot, the end-all for picture quality. Resolution only gets you so far.
    09-06-2012 12:00 PM
    After trying both, I vastly prefer the One X Camera over the GS3 So I will be very happy with a device like that. ( I like the Evo LTE the most)
    snowmutt likes this.
    09-06-2012 12:11 PM
    I doubt the 5 will have quad core. It doesn't even have lte currently
    Agreed. It will likely use the LTE Dual Core chip that the iPad 3 currently uses. That's the Apple way.. small jumps. It's still a damn good chip that (according to Apple) smokes a Tegra 3 anyway.
    09-06-2012 12:47 PM
    After trying both, I vastly prefer the One X Camera over the GS3 So I will be very happy with a device like that. ( I like the Evo LTE the most)
    You will have to give the high end HTC, ATIV, and 910 a whirl when they come out. I am not a very good judge of camera performance, and it sounds like you got a good idea what to watch for. Betting Sammy is penciled in for last in this category, but I am curious how HTC stacks up against Nokia's pride and joy.
    09-06-2012 03:42 PM
    8MP isn't old?? Are you kidding me..The Titan2 ALREADY has a 16MP.

Dual core...really?? I ALREADY have a dual core and that was almost a year back.

If I have to jump the boat from Android to WP (and believe me, I want to), what do I get? Another dual core, which will be redundant in a couple of months. OR at least in a few for sure...

We needed a future-proof device. By future I mean, till the next BIG innovation comes by, which is anywere between 6 months to a year away.
    8mp is more than enough in my opinion, it's a phone that also can take a picture. If you need more than that buy a digital camera. Hasn't the "core" issue been put to bed already? What is the point of mega cores if nothing can take advantage of it? Not only that but most bonehead end users (like me) will have tossed it into the recycle bin without ever coming close to maxing out it's capabilities.
    09-06-2012 04:32 PM
    "Do you really need external storage support when you have 32gb of storage on the phone?"

yep, I know I am in the minority with this need, yet it is a requirement for me

I currently have about 30gb of music and I used to have an iPod Classic 120gb that was stolen from my desk @ work. So I was faced with buying a new iPod or just using my phone.

I know that on the android side they have micro SD support and I was thinking that if WP8 could support microSD cards I could put all of my music on a 64GB card and that would replace my stolen iPod.

( My job doesn't allow employees to user USB drives at work so that option cant work)

So my options are to buy another iPod and carry two devices to work / home or get a phone that can do both.

Now I know that some would suggest to stream the music but with the data plan police always lurking around I would get locked up.

So...yes for us 3%'ters additional storage is important and must have feature.
    Pretty much my thoughts on why external storage is needed. I have lots of doc/music I want to use. Streaming uses precious data.

I don't want to carry two devices.

And No, I do not want to take extra time every day to think about what music I might want to listen to that day and constantly move music to/from my phone.
    09-06-2012 06:32 PM
    the 820 has micro sd card support
    Only up to a 32gb card, so your still limited to 40 total GB
    cckgz4 likes this.
    09-06-2012 06:36 PM
    It's one my wife would want. She definitely does not want a 4.3+ screen
    09-06-2012 06:51 PM
    Definitely excited to see what HTC brings to the wp8 table. If the one series is any indication of the quality of their devices going forward, I am more than happy to buy another HTC.

The titan was a great device and my 4.7" one x is perfect. Matter fact, after having own my x for a while, I feel like I may be OK with a 5"+ phone. Would love to try out the note 2 when it comes out.

Regardless of what platform or manufacturer anyone prefers, the next few months are gonna be very exciting.
    09-06-2012 07:06 PM
    Ok HTC is next but, did Samsung say anything about when they are showing off there newest hardware??
    09-07-2012 12:57 PM
127 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD