09-12-2012 03:06 AM
127 ... 456
tools
    Go to a cell phone repair place and ask them about HTC quality.
    To be fair, if I asked them about Nokia quality, they'd probably reply "I haven't seen one of those in years."

I was told that HTC and Motorola both used crappy parts for their ports, resulting in quite a few broken ports.
    Ports are a trouble spot for Lumia 900s as well. One of the symptoms my Lumia 900 started having towards the end of its three-month life was a 30-second delay before the charging "ting-da-ding" kicked in. I understand that Lumia 900 devices all vary this way... some start charging immediately, others take a few seconds, some take a long time.

My Radar has a steel-ringed charging port, and an aluminum case (not 710's cheap plastic). The Titan II is in an aluminum case (not 900s thick, heavy plastic). HTC WinPhones are anvil tough, and I expect HTC will be delivering similar quality in its WP8 phones as well.

Will everyone choose HTC? Unlikely. But I have rescued several users about to bail on WP by helping them back to the AT&T and T-Mobile stores to trade their balky Nokias for higher-quality HTC WP7 devices over the past 12 months.
    09-12-2012 01:03 AM
    *sigh*
    09-12-2012 03:06 AM
127 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD