Okay, HTC, you have next....

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone excited for the official HTC announcements? I am really liking the glimpse of what Nokia and Samsung have to offer so far. There have been enough rumors to make me step up and keep an eye open for what HTC has coming. I WANT to believe they will begin to turn around their fortunes by launching great devices for WP 8. I WANT to believe thy can match Nokia in the camera department, have solid devices that still feel great. I WANT to believe their relationship with Microsoft from Windows Mobile days will pay off. I have said they are the third dawg in this race right now, but they are still in it. I WANT to believe they will support their WP 8's and work hard for our money.

What do you think? Is the minute and a half glimpse of the Samsung ATIV and the hour long Nokia 920/820 (Whatever happened to 910/810? Did they not sound advanced enough so they skipped them?) introduction get anyone excited to see what HTC has?

I am curious. I hope they get serious and prove me wrong and blow us away.
I want to see what EVERYBODY is gonna do before I drop the hammer on something. That would definitely include ASUS :D

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Nokia drive, maps, music, lens, camera extras and new pure view hardware, transit map, etc. does nothing for you? I think you can at least admit that they are bringing some great things to the table. Whether you care or not is something different but we didn't have those things before. And the apps that weren't there that Nokia had to go and fetch? Yeah I just can't buy you completely being uninterested

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm curious to know how much of a hit this pure technology in the lumias will have on it's 18xx MaH battery. The Ativ currently has 21xx Mah of battery at least so the HTCs will be on par with that. Plus I saw an article about them being bullish on WP8 which means that they will try harder this time around to support WP.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious to know how much of a hit this pure technology in the lumias will have on it's 18xx MaH battery. The Ativ currently has 21xx Mah of battery at least so the HTCs will be on par with that. Plus I saw an article about them being bullish on WP8 which means that they will try harder this time around to support WP.

U mean HTC?

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Not to be difficult but....

Nokia Drive - I'll assume this is some sort of GPS which means it would be a back up since i have a TomTom

Maps - What's the point? It's WP8 so I'm sure MS is gonna pimp Bing maps pretty hard.

Music - I have a Zune. Why drain my battery playing music except for Pandora when I forget my Zune.

Camera - I have a digital camera so don't need or care about it.

Transit Map - ??

:straight:

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Not to be difficult but....

Nokia Drive - I'll assume this is some sort of GPS which means it would be a back up since i have a TomTom

Maps - What's the point? It's WP8 so I'm sure MS is gonna pimp Bing maps pretty hard.

Music - I have a Zune. Why drain my battery playing music except for Pandora when I forget my Zune.

Camera - I have a digital camera so don't need or care about it.

Transit Map - ??

:straight:

Please. So because YOU don't use the apps/features, you're saying it didn't create an impact on the os? So bing maps was what everyone loved before Nokia stepped in? People didn't gripe about not having Pandora even with the Zune software? You don't care about the new camera functions that match and possibly pass the new and current crop?

Yeah you are t-rolling

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
HTC isn't as great as Samsung and they care about Windows Phone even less. They do however love to max the specs of their Windows Phone and actually made phones with WP in mind.

I'll keep an eye of them. ( The leak looks bad)

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
We can hope.

It truly seems that WP Central community is overall disappointed with the Nokia announcement. I mean TRULY disappointed. That surprises me. But that got me thinking: If Nokia disappoints, then it is only bad news for WP. Nokia's investors are sharpening their pitchforks and warming up their torches, and if the new Lumia line stumbles out of the gate Nokia may be looking at an ugly uprising. That "Plan B" may be put into action, and there may be a new CEO really soon into 2013.

If that worst case scenario happens, we really need HTC and Samsung to be alive with WP 8 for our OS to be a serious player. We need HTC. I really feel we may have a better chance for HTC to become a premier WP manufacturer than Samsung. Sammy may have a slight legal problem to deal with, but their Android sales are second to no one and their feature phone sales are amazing. They are also investing in the Tizen OS.

HTC needs a hit. I want to see them go hard for us, because I think it could be a win/win if they truly do.

So again, I hope we are all excited. I am willing to forgive them for the Titan fiasco (that is the Christian thing to do, anyways) if they are willing to learn from it.

We may really, really, REALLY need HTC soon.....

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
We can hope.

It truly seems that WP Central community is overall disappointed with the Nokia announcement. I mean TRULY disappointed. That surprises me. But that got me thinking: If Nokia disappoints, then it is only bad news for WP. Nokia's investors are sharpening their pitchforks and warming up their torches, and if the new Lumia line stumbles out of the gate Nokia may be looking at an ugly uprising. That "Plan B" may be put into action, and there may be a new CEO really soon into 2013.

If that worst case scenario happens, we really need HTC and Samsung to be alive with WP 8 for our OS to be a serious player. We need HTC. I really feel we may have a better chance for HTC to become a premier WP manufacturer than Samsung. Sammy may have a slight legal problem to deal with, but their Android sales are second to no one and their feature phone sales are amazing. They are also investing in the Tizen OS.

HTC needs a hit. I want to see them go hard for us, because I think it could be a win/win if they truly do.

So again, I hope we are all excited. I am willing to forgive them for the Titan fiasco (that is the Christian thing to do, anyways) if they are willing to learn from it.

We may really, really, REALLY need HTC soon.....

I told you Snowmutt...HTC will be the dark horse of the race. They are the underdog. I liked Nokia when I saw it, but as time passed, I thought about it and wondered..."wait..aren't the specs a lil old..."

Anyways, HTC will surprise us (me). I am sure.
Hope.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I told you Snowmutt...HTC will be the dark horse of the race. They are the underdog. I liked Nokia when I saw it, but as time passed, I thought about it and wondered..."wait..aren't the specs a lil old..."

Anyways, HTC will surprise us (me). I am sure.
Hope.
Fingers crossed, rabbit's foot out, spilled salt tossed over the shoulder, no umbrella's are opened indoors, and I do not even own a black cat to get in my paths way.

Hope is in full force, buddy....

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
One thing is probably certain about the HTC launch - whatever they do, a lot of people here will find a way to complain about it like they did today.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Fingers crossed, rabbit's foot out, spilled salt tossed over the shoulder, no umbrella's are opened indoors, and I do not even own a black cat to get in my paths way.

Hope is in full force, buddy....

Yup!

ANd believe me, they will deliver. Their state isn't any better than Nokia. Nokia was compelled and obliged to release something on 5th. HTC said, we will take time, but we will deliver. Not screw up. Deliver.

So that's that...

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but the specs nor the camera tech is old

8MP isn't old?? Are you kidding me..The Titan2 ALREADY has a 16MP.

Dual core...really?? I ALREADY have a dual core and that was almost a year back.

If I have to jump the boat from Android to WP (and believe me, I want to), what do I get? Another dual core, which will be redundant in a couple of months. OR at least in a few for sure...

We needed a future-proof device. By future I mean, till the next BIG innovation comes by, which is anywere between 6 months to a year away.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
One thing is probably certain about the HTC launch - whatever they do, a lot of people here will find a way to complain about it like they did today.

Like I said earlier, I was surprised how upset everyone was with the Nokia devices. They look great to me, and I liked the red one (although the fact the called it lipstick red during the presentation kinda hurt my manhood). I LOVED the screens, and any camera nut should be excited.

But I am good with HTC trying to upstage them and reinvent their companies image by releasing a fun set of devices.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
8MP isn't old?? Are you kidding me..The Titan2 ALREADY has a 16MP.

Dual core...really?? I ALREADY have a dual core and that was almost a year back.

If I have to jump the boat from Android to WP (and believe me, I want to), what do I get? Another dual core, which will be redundant in a couple of months. OR at least in a few for sure...

We needed a future-proof device. By future I mean, till the next BIG innovation comes by, which is anywere between 6 months to a year away.

8.7 with pure view and floating camera technology. No it isn't old. Yes there are bigger cams, but not better sensors. None. Zilch. And the majority of current phones have 8 mp

Dual core uses lte. Quad core does not. If you didn't have lte, trust you'd complain

This is future proof. Microsoft said that back in July

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Nokia hasn't offered any exclusive software that personally interests me. It may be a selling point for others, but not for me. Just like some people really care about the Ativ S's low weight and others are indifferent.

Nokia drive, maps, music, lens, camera extras and new pure view hardware, transit map, etc. does nothing for you? I think you can at least admit that they are bringing some great things to the table. Whether you care or not is something different but we didn't have those things before. And the apps that weren't there that Nokia had to go and fetch? Yeah I just can't buy you completely being uninterested

Read my post again.

I am uninterested in the Nokia exclusive apps. No matter how interested you are, and that's fine, I am not. I already said that was just my preferences, that others may be interested.

You need to drop with the personal attacks just because someone else is not in loooooooooooove with Nokia like you are. This thread is about the HTC 8X. If the lack of Nokia exclusive apps is a deal-breaker for you, good for you, go buy a Lumia 920. Not everyone is the same as you, and that doesn't mean they're "t-rolling."

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Read my post again.

I am uninterested in the Nokia exclusive apps. No matter how interested you are, and that's fine, I am not. I already said that was just my preferences, that others may be interested.

You need to drop with the personal attacks just because someone else is not in loooooooooooove with Nokia like you are. This thread is about the HTC 8X. If the lack of Nokia exclusive apps is a deal-breaker for you, good for you, go buy a Lumia 920. Not everyone is the same as you, and that doesn't mean they're "t-rolling."

Sir I wasn't talking to you. That was to preluva

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Don't confuse current with old

And don't confuse moving forward with moving sideways. You can argue it is still moving...

It will be old in no time. Believe me. And why have (read be satisfied with) current when your competition is talking about tomorrow.

iOS and Android will be pulling things out of the hat that will define their future. And here we are showing devices that are having:

a) What other phones already have today

b) Nothing new

c) tech that will be redundant in a couple of months...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss