Okay, HTC, you have next....

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
If HTC came out with a 3.7"-3.9" device they'd have the small handset WP market to themselves. It's not a device I would want, but there are many that would.

If they managed to add a nice, thin keyboard, then even better.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
If HTC came out with a 3.7"-3.9" device they'd have the small handset WP market to themselves. It's not a device I would want, but there are many that would.

If they managed to add a nice, thin keyboard, then even better.
*rolling eyes sarcastically, much like his 20 year old Daughter has taught him*

Keyboards??? What crazy talk is THAT?? What manufacturer would ever think some consumers might want a keyboard AND a Windows Phone??

*walks off in huff, slams bedroom door, turns on Zune player from 10 to 11*

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I think HTC will bring their One series to WP8 so we are going to have:

HTC8X
HTC8S
HTC8V

does that make anyone really excited about HTC and WP8?

Well, as someone who really really likes the One X, just not Android or Sense UI, well...yes, yes it does. I know that was a rhetorical question meant to draw a chorus of "no's," but since the One X is a brilliant phone held back by Android/Sense suckage and poor carrier availability, I'm sure I'm not the only "yes."

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
8MP isn't old?? Are you kidding me..The Titan2 ALREADY has a 16MP.

Dual core...really?? I ALREADY have a dual core and that was almost a year back.

If I have to jump the boat from Android to WP (and believe me, I want to), what do I get? Another dual core, which will be redundant in a couple of months. OR at least in a few for sure...

We needed a future-proof device. By future I mean, till the next BIG innovation comes by, which is anywere between 6 months to a year away.

WP requires much less processing power to run smoothly than Android. Everyone who's ever compared the two knows that. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 right now, and my older HTC Titan runs more smoothly. If it had the same reception that my new phone has, I'd still be using it.

Another thing that everyone should know is that megapixel count isn't, by a long shot, the end-all for picture quality. Resolution only gets you so far.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
After trying both, I vastly prefer the One X Camera over the GS3 So I will be very happy with a device like that. ( I like the Evo LTE the most)

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I doubt the 5 will have quad core. It doesn't even have lte currently

Agreed. It will likely use the LTE Dual Core chip that the iPad 3 currently uses. That's the Apple way.. small jumps. It's still a damn good chip that (according to Apple) smokes a Tegra 3 anyway.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
After trying both, I vastly prefer the One X Camera over the GS3 So I will be very happy with a device like that. ( I like the Evo LTE the most)
You will have to give the high end HTC, ATIV, and 910 a whirl when they come out. I am not a very good judge of camera performance, and it sounds like you got a good idea what to watch for. Betting Sammy is penciled in for last in this category, but I am curious how HTC stacks up against Nokia's pride and joy.

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
8MP isn't old?? Are you kidding me..The Titan2 ALREADY has a 16MP.

Dual core...really?? I ALREADY have a dual core and that was almost a year back.

If I have to jump the boat from Android to WP (and believe me, I want to), what do I get? Another dual core, which will be redundant in a couple of months. OR at least in a few for sure...

We needed a future-proof device. By future I mean, till the next BIG innovation comes by, which is anywere between 6 months to a year away.

8mp is more than enough in my opinion, it's a phone that also can take a picture. If you need more than that buy a digital camera. Hasn't the "core" issue been put to bed already? What is the point of mega cores if nothing can take advantage of it? Not only that but most bonehead end users (like me) will have tossed it into the recycle bin without ever coming close to maxing out it's capabilities.

bpgui

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
"Do you really need external storage support when you have 32gb of storage on the phone?"

yep, I know I am in the minority with this need, yet it is a requirement for me

I currently have about 30gb of music and I used to have an iPod Classic 120gb that was stolen from my desk @ work. So I was faced with buying a new iPod or just using my phone.

I know that on the android side they have micro SD support and I was thinking that if WP8 could support microSD cards I could put all of my music on a 64GB card and that would replace my stolen iPod.

( My job doesn't allow employees to user USB drives at work so that option cant work)

So my options are to buy another iPod and carry two devices to work / home or get a phone that can do both.

Now I know that some would suggest to stream the music but with the data plan police always lurking around I would get locked up.

So...yes for us 3%'ters additional storage is important and must have feature.
Pretty much my thoughts on why external storage is needed. I have lots of doc/music I want to use. Streaming uses precious data.

I don't want to carry two devices.

And No, I do not want to take extra time every day to think about what music I might want to listen to that day and constantly move music to/from my phone.

hbananas

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Definitely excited to see what HTC brings to the wp8 table. If the one series is any indication of the quality of their devices going forward, I am more than happy to buy another HTC.

The titan was a great device and my 4.7" one x is perfect. Matter fact, after having own my x for a while, I feel like I may be OK with a 5"+ phone. Would love to try out the note 2 when it comes out.

Regardless of what platform or manufacturer anyone prefers, the next few months are gonna be very exciting.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok HTC is next but, did Samsung say anything about when they are showing off there newest hardware??

They alread showed off their WP8 flagship. No surprises there--Galaxy S3 hardware running WP8. Are you looking for their mid-range or entry-level devices? No word on those.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
You will have to give the high end HTC, ATIV, and 910 a whirl when they come out. I am not a very good judge of camera performance, and it sounds like you got a good idea what to watch for. Betting Sammy is penciled in for last in this category, but I am curious how HTC stacks up against Nokia's pride and joy.

I can't wait to try them all =D.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12