Okay, HTC, you have next....

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah one thing is sure, Quad core one is surely coming 100% sure. No no innovative things will come. No significant camera technology.

I want to believe that quad core is coming as has been rumored, but it seems like Microsoft has been pretty clear about things being dual core initially. I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I would suggest not getting your hopes up

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah one thing is sure, Quad core one is surely coming 100% sure. No no innovative things will come. No significant camera technology.

If HTC will release the phone Q4, i see there being zero chance of quad core.
All of the 4 launch partners will use the exact same SoC as it's the only one optimized and ready on launch. it's Microsoft doing that work.

It's closed platform when it comes to hardware like we have seen Samsung and Nokia having trouble to bring their innovations from Symbian or Android to WP. First gen used the same SoC, second generation high end devices used same SoC. Microsoft itself said on the first launch of WP8 that they concentrate first on dual core.

It's the reason why WP seems like it's slightly behind hw wise to Android (not so much on WP8 though), but it's also the reason why the thing runs so much smoother on lesser hardware. Exactly same as on iPhone.

Last edited:

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
HTC will blow things this week, I believe them. Just wait and see and I bet support for their released devices will be more and taken seriously since it was one of their banes last year and early this year. I know they've learnt their lessons and they will deliver...no doubt.

Sent from my HTC HD7 using Board Express

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, no gray area there....

Two disagreements with your posts, understanding it is your opinion and I respect it and am NOT trying to change it, just bring out a couple of facts for as Paul Harvey used to say is the rest of the story..

Nokia released updates to their devices to fix problems, offered a rebate as compensation, and has continued to maintain that they will support the 900 for inside of two years with app support and updates. No defending the poor camera, but it was their first attempt at a high end WP. I mark it up as lessons learned.

HTC released the Titan, it had audio and performance problems that have plagued those owners from day one and has gotten worse and worse, is among the last to even get Tango update out which is minor (no blaming AT&T- Samsung devices and the 900 have it), there has been no support, and no promise of support. Heck, taking a page from Android they released the Titan 2 less than 6 months later and then completely ignored Titan 1 owners.

Because of HTC's past with good devices on WP (Arrive, Trophy, the Titan 2) I am willing to give them a look see on WP8. But support better than Nokia? I do not think so.

However, I am glad you believe in them. Makes me want to give a chance, which is why I started this thread. I WANT to believe in HTC.

I really showed my age with that Paul Harvey reference, didn't I???

;)

I don't know anybody with an original Titan (though I know several Titan II and Radar owners).

I bought into the Lumia 900 hype and bought one myself. Also encouraged other people I know to try one.

Of the six people I know who bought a 900, not a single one still uses it today.

Cracked screens (out of the box), problems with battery drain (including an "infinite boot/reboot cycle" at the end of the charge), extremely poor camera performance, crash-prone hardware and constant audio problems plagued these phones.

While everyone has a dud (with the original Titan perhaps being an example), every Windows Phone that Nokia has released in the US to date is a dud. I've gone through multiple 710s that died or had blotchy screens.

I ended up running, screaming, back to my Radar 4G, which performs better than any of Nokia's overhyped devices to date.

And I see Nokia continuing their old ways now. More "our camera rocks" propaganda (with the faked photos and OIS that doesn't work today). More "real soon now." More "don't worry, we've changed."

And I see little HTC putting out solid, powerful hardware that delivers, without all the chest-thumping.

HTC has never needed to release fake videos or photos to promote its products. It simply releases them and lets users judge for themselves. I like that. They're my Windows Phone "rock," after an experience with Nokia that could be fairly described as "horrifying."

I believe that the overemphasis of Nokia's products hurts Windows Phone. Lumias so far have been of poor quality, in contrast to devices from HTC and Samsung. (Even the LG Quantum was vastly superior). If someone new to WP has a Lumia 900 or Lumia 710 experience, it will likely sour them on the entire ecosystem and send them to Appleland or Androidville. Meanwhile, a Titan II, Focus S, or Radar 4G will delight and keep them.

I see the "Nokia has great support" thing as a creative explanation for why their products have so many problems. For the most part, HTC and Samsung products deliver from the day you buy them. Nokia's products have been plagued with endless problems, in contrast. I'd rather have a solid, functioning device that needs no "support" than a flashy, defective device that requires constant updates over a six month period to deliver the experience I was promised upon purchase. That Nokia needs so many updates and "support incidences" is a sign of weakness, not strength -- and it shows in the dismal sales numbers.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Brmiller you know what you are talking about. Also while I personally didn't like HTC devices until their one series, they don't do false promises.

Look at the Titan 2, is has the best Windows Phone camera, biggest screen and best processor so far, as well as LTE support. Even without WP8 it will still be a solid device.

And on their android side, the One X camera had a commercial where some guy took a picture jumping from an airplane, the pictures where great, focused and real.

Nokia has to lie about taking a night picture.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. All the people ooohing and ahhhing over the 920 VaporwareView could have bought a Windows Phone with a world-class camera months ago in the Titan II... but instead they were hailing Nokia for their "great support" in pushing out updates to improve the Lumia 900 camera from "the worst photos from a smartphone since the Treo 680" to merely "way, way below minimum acceptable standards for a mid-range device."

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
My wife recently have birth to our daughter. She has a lumia 900, I have a Titan 2. she's jealous of the quality and time it takes to get a good focus. I'm hoping HTC sticks to what they have or even surpasses it at not even have to give a gmmick name. Not saying pureview is a gimmick, but simply just make a camera folks can be confident in.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
My wife recently have birth to our daughter. She has a lumia 900, I have a Titan 2. she's jealous of the quality and time it takes to get a good focus. I'm hoping HTC sticks to what they have or even surpasses it at not even have to give a gmmick name. Not saying pureview is a gimmick, but simply just make a camera folks can be confident in.

Yeah, the Titan II and the One X don't have a lot of unique features to their camera, but the quality of the results are unimpeachable. That's part of what I'm hoping the 8X will deliver (along with a solid case and a good screen).

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
All that rubbish you're passing off as an experience for all Nokia owners need to be cleared up to being YOURS. I don't have those problems

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

Congratulations, may she grow to be healthy, successful and won't take duckface pictures.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
;)

Of the six people I know who bought a 900, not a single one still uses it today.

Cracked screens (out of the box), problems with battery drain (including an "infinite boot/reboot cycle" at the end of the charge), extremely poor camera performance, crash-prone hardware and constant audio problems plagued these phones.

While everyone has a dud (with the original Titan perhaps being an example), every Windows Phone that Nokia has released in the US to date is a dud. I've gone through multiple 710s that died or had blotchy screens.
Amazing! All six 900's that you and your friends had were d.o.a. right out of the box? That has to be a record of some kind.

You need to go to the press about this pronto!

I ended up running, screaming, back to my Radar 4G

And you're still screaming - even now.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the congrats on my baby being born by the way folks. Even though it's off topic. :-D

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
"Princess Leia: Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi; you're my only hope"

HTC is my last hope as

NOKIA: no external storage support
SAMSUNG: meh design

I think if HTC stumbles I will just ride this wave out until June...and be content with 7.8 until then

I bet Nokia comes out with a 64GB variant of the 920 early next year. Built-in storage is always better.

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Inside Nokia’s Test Center: Why Nokia Devices Are So Reliable - BriefMobile

Lets start out by saying I don't expect you to buy an Nokia product again. After having that experience ... Yeah, no one would. But to claim everyone who ever bought an Nokia in the USA had the exact trouble is pushing it. I know tons of people claiming htc phones suck ... Some of those working with the tech support department . So, everyone has these problems. Looking at the link above,you can see Nokia's do go through extensive testing before hand. Its not surprising defects get through, but not every phone.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Inside Nokia?s Test Center: Why Nokia Devices Are So Reliable - BriefMobile

Lets start out by saying I don't expect you to buy an Nokia product again. After having that experience ... Yeah, no one would. But to claim everyone who ever bought an Nokia in the USA had the exact trouble is pushing it. I know tons of people claiming htc phones suck ... Some of those working with the tech support department . So, everyone has these problems. Looking at the link above,you can see Nokia's do go through extensive testing before hand. Its not surprising defects get through, but not every phone.

Pretty hardcore.

I've heard that they also have a front load washer test. (with no water of course) They load something that looks like a front load washer up with a bunch of rocks and a phone, then just turn it on and let it run for a certain amount of time. A phone has to be able to be working when it's done.

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Pretty hardcore.

I've heard that they also have a front load washer test. (with no water of course) They load something that looks like a front load washer up with a bunch of rocks and a phone, then just turn it on and let it run for a certain amount of time. A phone has to be able to be working when it's done.

That's awesome! Lets try it lol. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo