Lumia 920 demo reel is faked?

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
you know what, I believe this is one of those times where Ultraviolence is completely valid and warranted against these tech blogger twats. We're talking full on force surprise raid in their mother's basement and beaten with socks full of quarters.

mb-dape

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
you know what, I believe this is one of those times where Ultraviolence is completely valid and warranted against these tech blogger twats. We're talking full on force surprise raid in their mother's basement and beaten with socks full of quarters.

That's a healthy reaction.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I think its a major screw up on the part of the production house. I work in an ad firm. We have to be very very careful of something like this.
And if I was Nokia, I would have sacked my agency and penalised the production house.

In a camera ad, YOU CAN'T SCREW UP SHOWING your unit FILMING IT. It is riduclous and embarassing.

ac_dsalonius

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
You guys are crazy to stick up for what is obviously misrepresentation. If the guy using the DSLR rig was riding a bicycle, it would be a little more credible.

For the record, I want one.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Ridiculous

So because you can't film a short video riding your bike, people are up in arms? Smh

People are up in arms because they are talking about the future of image stabilization, and make you believe you can film a non-shaky video while in the move.

When they used a Truck and professional equipment and tried to play us for suckers.

Their "competition" against the 4s is also shameful, the lumia is using flash help while the iphone doesn't.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Nokia not only fake the video but the pictures as well.

Nokia Lumia 920 sample images found to be fake as well - GSMArena.com news

And even more blatant in here

mQUd

If you look at the left, you will see the lens of a professional camera.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
On the other hand, according to Yousef Sarhan's article, this actually WAS taken with the Lumia 920:

inline_youssef_24244508877336_raw.jpeg

So while the images were "faked," they were images the Lumia 920 could have taken (except for the spikes around the light sources).

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Nokia is going to need to do a big marketing campaign similar to Smoked by Windows Phone, where they go places at night and challenge people to take night photos.

It's common for simulations to be used for devices, especially when the devices aren't done yet. But there normally is a disclaimer.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. Never saw a disclaimer when McDonald's shows that Big Mac on screen, looking all perfect. Of course, the on-screen version is made out of wax and acrylics. But I still enjoy one occasionally. Think I will enjoy my next Nokia as well.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Hmm. Never saw a disclaimer when McDonald's shows that Big Mac on screen, looking all perfect. Of course, the on-screen version is made out of wax and acrylics. But I still enjoy one occasionally. Think I will enjoy my next Nokia as well.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Well that fine but if you are demoing picture quality and video quality what you see better be what you get. That being said I did see they have released a video supposedly using real footage this time and it still looks impressive.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
If they had used the real Pureview, they wouldn't had this problems. If your camera is really better don't lie about it.

What's the point of lying to your customers? Now I'll have to wait for the Review to see pictures I can actually trust.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I think it's a stretch to accuse them of lying.

They were demonstrating the technology, not the device.

But it was a mistake on them because consumers may think that the technology and the device are one and the same.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I think it's a stretch to accuse them of lying.

They were demonstrating the technology, not the device.

But it was a mistake on them because consumers may think that the technology and the device are one and the same.

But they are using a professional camera.

That's like saying, hey! try this Pcola, is taste was great as Coke. Then you try the sample and you are like wow!. Then you find out they actually filled the bottle with Coke and the real Pcola doesn't taste anything like this.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
But they are using a professional camera.

That's like saying, hey! try this Pcola, is taste was great as Coke. Then you try the sample and you are like wow!. Then you find out they actually filled the bottle with Coke and the real Pcola doesn't taste anything like this.

It's likely a custom setup.

Truthfully, we can't make a judgment about the simulation's accuracy unless we actually see real pics.

The low light images of the flower pot from the challenge at last night's event indicate that the camera is everything they claim it is. Not to mention the testimonials from journalists that have seen it in action. Heck, look at this site's front page and you'll see Daniel raving about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss