KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
NOKIA already proved this. Go to youtube. Type the following:

Nokia Lumia 920 Cinemagraph
Nokia Lumia 920 lenses
Nokia Lumia 920 camera

Add DEMO to it.

You will find INDEPENDENT videos from tech journalists and whoever visited the event yesterday. They've posted their experience and NOT ONE video shows that what NOKIA demonstrated in the presentation was NOT real.

Of course this might not be 'proof' enough, again wait for Elop to call everyone personally to apologise. ;)

Doesn't matter, the news media has blown up with "Nokia faked ads and still photos", Nokia shares are plummeting. Nokia's credibility has been utterly shot to **** and is not recoverable at this point. Microsoft should scrap Windows Phone and just stick to servers.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
HAHAHA!!! The BIGGEST load of chuff I have read on the internet this year! ^^

And, I only popped in on this thread to see if people were still whining about this. NOW MS should be scrapping WP? WTF. :straight:

Last edited:

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't matter, the news media has blown up with "Nokia faked ads and still photos", Nokia shares are plummeting. Nokia's credibility has been utterly shot to **** and is not recoverable at this point. Microsoft should scrap Windows Phone and just stick to servers.

They are not "plummeting," present tense. The share value dropped 16% on the day of the fiasco, but recovered about a quarter of that the day after. Share value is still about 50% higher than it was a few months ago.

As for scrap Windows Phone and stick to servers...wow. Stick to servers? I guess we should scrap Windows (desktop/laptop OS), the Office suite, and Xbox, all because a Nokia ad agency neglected to put a "simulated images" disclaimer at the bottom of an otherwise-unobjectionable ad?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

I'm sorry but what has dipping and skyrocketing shares got to do with a phone? I fail to understand how movement in a particular sharemarket can define the future of a cell phone company?
Do you first check out the stocks of a company before buying groceries. "I won't go to starbucks. Their stocks are going down."

"Um...no I won't travel by my Mercedes today. The stocks of Mercedes are crashing."

Common man..that is the weirdest argument I have heard in a long time...

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

I hope you are just posting this for the shock value. For you here is post from our blog page. A simply must read for you from someone who is paid to know.

What to think about Nokia after yesterday

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Nokia stock climbed again today.

For the record, Nokia's stock fell BEFORE the OIS ad scandal broke. I think it was probably related to the lack of a tablet, as well as a lack of a concrete release date for the phones. Otherwise, the stock price wouldn't have dropped until the end of the day (when the story broke), but it dropped pretty early that day.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry but what has dipping and skyrocketing shares got to do with a phone? I fail to understand how movement in a particular sharemarket can define the future of a cell phone company?
Do you first check out the stocks of a company before buying groceries. "I won't go to starbucks. Their stocks are going down."

"Um...no I won't travel by my Mercedes today. The stocks of Mercedes are crashing."

Common man..that is the weirdest argument I have heard in a long time...

I too don't understand where all this worry about share prices has come from over the last couple of days. It feels like the board has become overrun with Nokia shareholders instead of WP fans.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I too don't understand where all this worry about share prices has come from over the last couple of days. It feels like the board has become overrun with Nokia shareholders instead of WP fans.

Lol!! Even CrApple's image is determined by the share prices...

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Here are images from the 920 taken live and confirming the hype was justified. Just the message delivery was botched. :)

Exclusive photos: We put Nokia's controversial Lumia 920 PureView camera to the test | The Verge

And this is with unfinished software (probably why they used pro pics in the first place). Anyone care to argue with this now?

If you follow the comments of a very select few of the people most often baring their Fangs;) and expecting failure this Winter:p, you'll see that they've been shown real pics before. They just conveniently ignore them.

aceattorneymvp

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Here are images from the 920 taken live and confirming the hype was justified. Just the message delivery was botched. :)

Exclusive photos: We put Nokia's controversial Lumia 920 PureView camera to the test | The Verge

And this is with unfinished software (probably why they used pro pics in the first place). Anyone care to argue with this now?

Some freaking great news, actually. The Verge's reporting is BS though, as they didn't label which photos were taken with flash and which were taken without it.

No one in their right minds should expect DSLR capabilities in their phones (at least at the present), and if the 920's final hardware/software produces photos like what was shown in the Verge's story, we should all be quite satisfied.

Honestly, I still have serious doubts over whether OIS works well for video, but I'll be happy to be convinced otherwise.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't expect awesome night video images with OIS, since the amount of light taken in per frame would be about the same as normal.

I do expect to see some nice, stable videos though.

I imagine that the hardware part is done. But the image stabilization hardware has to work in conjunction with Microsoft's existing image stabilization software.

When MS delivers that (maybe they already have), it has to be calibrated to work with the hardware to get the best results.

Hence, it's not ready yet.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
At the bottom of that same page they redirect to "real images SHOT USING LUMIA920 PROTOTYPE" - Nokia PureView - Nokia

Winterfang, all yours...

;)

Well after the last fiasco I don't know if I can trust Nokia with the pictures. So the link being Nokia.com isn't making me jumping up and down. I'll check the Verge link.

Edit: Those pictures are no where as good as the fake ones, is all blurry. It just offered a bit more of brightness compared to the Galaxy S3 night mode picture.

Last edited:

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Edit: Those pictures are no where as good as the fake ones, is all blurry. It just offered a bit more of brightness compared to the Galaxy S3 night mode picture.

Of course it is man, it's still low light, but the thing to remember is this is a cell phone CMOS. There's no way they packed a high sensitivity sensor like you see in a dslr, I'm assuming. Nevertheless, for a cell phone that's impressive.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Well after the last fiasco I don't know if I can trust Nokia with the pictures. So the link being Nokia.com isn't making me jumping up and down. I'll check the Verge link.

oh for the love of...

you are just never going to be happy unless you've got something to complain about, right?

:rolleyes:

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
What did you wanted me to do? The pictures are no where near as good as the fake ones. And the video stabilization isn't even real yet T_T.

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't expect awesome night video images with OIS, since the amount of light taken in per frame would be about the same as normal.

OIS should dramatically improve night photography, because it allows the shutter to remain open longer without getting blur from hand movement. At least, that's the theory Nokia advanced, and it makes logical sense.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss