ok.. So who is fed up of the PAID nokia knocking?

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Just an observation, Winterfang...

Constructive criticism always makes for a healthy conversation, but 90% of your posts are hot air, from a personal viewpoint. You may feel that Nokia are making every mistake in the book, X/Y/Z, but you really need to substantiate 'how' & 'why', and what your approach would have been. Without the latter, you're coming off as someone who is only interested in slagging off Nokia.

Just my two pence.
my thoughts exactly
i don't like samsung but i don't have to post on every single thread how much i dislike samsung
the great thing about windows phone its available on multiple handset makers if you don't like one you can pick what ever you want :)

Last edited:

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
What if the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 had a 3.5 screen? Then Samsung will hype it saying.

"Well you see, the note part of the name wasn't because of the screen size but because of this new memo technology that doesn't have anything to do with the actual size of the previous device".

Wouldn't you scream BS? the same is with the 920, the shouldn't had used the Pureview name since people will automatically expect that big powerful sensor.
Why would anyone scream BS? Note has nothing to do with screen size, it is their brand for devices with styli and digitisers.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
So going back to the OP - did we identify the paid shills?

Are we forming a committee to question members about their political activities? Get them to swear a loyalty oath?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that there have been some people that have no posting history other than Nokia bashing.

When new people sign up and start bashing, it is suspect.

Though to me it points more to some of them being fans from other OS sites trying to cause trouble.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
So, to summarize the thrust of the thread:

1) All criticism of Nokia is unwelcome;
2) Everything Nokia has done is perfect and beyond everyone else;
3) Anybody who criticizes Nokia is therefore a paid troll because everything Nokia does is perfect.

Gotcha.

I'd respond more, but I have to go pick up my paycheck now. Apple, Motorola, Google, HTC, Samsung, and RIM are all contributing to the anti-Nokia Fund that pays all of us, so the checks are HUGE! ;)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

3) Anybody who criticizes Nokia is therefore a paid troll because everything Nokia does is perfect.

Gotcha.

I'd respond more, but I have to go pick up my paycheck now. Apple, Motorola, Google, HTC, Samsung, and RIM are all contributing to the anti-Nokia Fund that pays all of us, so the checks are HUGE! ;)

:lol::lol::lol:
That reminds me of one of the Crackberry forum posters. In her "location" she put "Apparently paid to post here--who knew?"

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
No one is saying that criticism of Nokia is unwelcome, but certain posters here have been making outlandish statements since the 920 launch and it irritates people. There is a way to be constructive with criticism, and there's a way to just be a pain in the arse.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

Gotcha.

Seriously. Do you honestly believe that the only way to look at things is in extremes?

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed that there have been some people that have no posting history other than Nokia bashing.

When new people sign up and start bashing, it is suspect.

Though to me it points more to some of them being fans from other OS sites trying to cause trouble.
My only problem with the Lumia is the thickness and I admit it, my first post here on WPcentral was about that, but I understand that it is subjective. My point was that in a match up Nokia VS Samsung, Samsung would win because they come up with quality phones, that are thin and powerful compared to the Lumia that is thicker.

So I see myself in your post hahaha, but I do like the design.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Fine. I'm paid by a rival(hint: the name starts with S and ends with G) to hate Nokia...happy?? Didn't have to make a thread for that? Engaging so many people in this...in this boisterous debate...
:p

It's a phone for God's sake. A phone. Not like someone's life depends on it...phew..

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

Gotcha.

Not extremist much ;)

1) Nope.
2) Nope.
3) Nope.

It isn't just this site that prompted me to make this thread.
Other sites comments are probably worse to be honest.
As soon as anything Nokia or Windows OS is mentioned, the comments are full of systematic hatred. Downvoting like mad etc..
I suspect the majority of these posters haven't even tried the phone or the OS, because people whoi have used my Lumia 800 and have really liked the phone and the OS, to the extent that three of them have bought one.
Comments such as:

'Even the missus loved it and found it really easy to use after just ten minutes. She could never get the hang of her android wit all the options, etc'

'I'm so glad I got rid of my iphone after dropping it and having it replaced twice as it was unusable'

This from person at head-office at a large carrier in the UK:
'Nokia lumias are the best made phone on the market right now, and I'm swapping my iphone for the Lumia920 as soon as it arrives at headoffice'

So with my real world mostly positive feedback and all this extreme non-stop negative trolling on the internet, I just had to throw this in and see what happened.

I have no evidence of paid bashing, but with everything I'm reading it seems very systematic and enduring.

Threads created with a non-positive subject seem to get bumped an awful lot also.

Where I stand:

I'm not a '******' of Nokia or Windows OS. I came from Blackberry (also not a ******). I read more than I write on forums, (and so I suppose that's where I got fed-up of the trolling.. It wears me down).
I'm excited by the new phones and the way the OS is evolving.
I actually think Microsoft are creating the perfect storm (so to speak) with their releasing of the surface, windows 8, windowsphone 8, everything is coming to a climax. So much so, that I do believe competitors are indeed getting worried..

This thread has garnered some excellent replies, and it's great to hear everybodys views...

As you were..;)

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
My only problem with the Lumia is the thickness and I admit it, my first post here on WPcentral was about that, but I understand that it is subjective. My point was that in a match up Nokia VS Samsung, Samsung would win because they come up with quality phones, that are thin and powerful compared to the Lumia that is thicker.

So I see myself in your post hahaha, but I do like the design.

I was actually referring to some accounts that have only a few posts. But heck, if you see yourself...:p;)

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I thought most responses to the Nokia devices were positive. What was negative was the lack of information about when, who and how much which is a pretty important point for many people who may be on the fence or holding out whoever that may be.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely paid to hate Nokia, I've being posting here since before the first Nokia phone came down in order to gain the trust of this posters but actually, I'm paid by Apple Nyac Nyac Nyac *evil*

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
No one is saying that criticism of Nokia is unwelcome, but certain posters here have been making outlandish statements since the 920 launch and it irritates people. There is a way to be constructive with criticism, and there's a way to just be a pain in the arse.

Outlandish?

You mean like "Here's a video of how OIS works on the new Lumia" followed up by "oops, we got caught making a fake video, sorry about that, but it does work, trust us."

Some of us want WP to succeed in a competitive markets where few get second chances. We're a little concerned seeing the fate of Windows Phone overly dependent on a company that makes such amateur moves and converts the entire hype cycle from one of pricing, availability and specs to "Did Nokia commit fraud?"

Not extremist much

To be fair, the claim in the thread is that everyone criticizing Nokia is a paid troll. It's a bit rich to be accusing others of "extremism" when such extreme claims are made.

Reminds me a bit of a politician accusing his competitor of being funded by "damn commie insurgent spies" and then responding with "that's extreme" when his opponent mocks the statement as transparently ridiculous.

I'm a Windows Phone fan -- I'm not a Nokia ******. I reject the idea that Nokia should get a free ride, or that their statements should be taken at face value while others get scrutinized.

I happen to believe that HTC makes the best Windows Phone 7.5 devices, and am looking forward to seeing what they announce later this month. (And BTW, if you want to criticize HTC, I will NEVER accuse you of being "paid by Nokia to knock HTC.") :)

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely paid to hate Nokia, I've being posting here since before the first Nokia phone came down in order to gain the trust of this posters but actually, I'm paid by Apple Nyac Nyac Nyac *evil*

Every post I make gets me $40 in Apple store cash, $25 in Samsung Galaxy S discounts, and $12 in HTC 8X credits. (RIM offered me 1/20th of a BlackBerry Bold 9900 for each post, but I didn't see much value in that). :)

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Every post I make gets me $40 in Apple store cash, $25 in Samsung Galaxy S discounts, and $12 in HTC 8X credits. (RIM offered me 1/20th of a BlackBerry Bold 9900 for each post, but I didn't see much value in that). :)
Personally I'm getting so much iPhones and GS3, I really don't know what to do with them, one for every day of the month is more than enough.

OMG55

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, while most reviews/previews I've read are fair (except for a certain German Tabloid who mostly finds nothing has a chance against a device with a bitten fruit on it), I see the most hate/despise from commenters. And there, every big smartphone producer is in a drawer:

Nokia as a) the underdog fighting for survival ("Without avail" as a second option on that drawer) or as an old(fashioned) company or b) the company that produces devices that can be used as body armour,
Apple as a) either the company that rules the world and invented everything or b) the unimaginative company that became the evil that they wanted to fight,
Samsung as a) the company that copies everything or b) the company that gives the users more choices and freedom,
HTC as the company that is a little boring,
Sony as the company that just isn't interesting anymore,
RIM as RIP or as company that produces devides for yuppies (one doesn't see many BB devices in private people's hands, it has never been very popular in my country),
Microsoft as the company that produces software that will go bluescreen and attract viruses,
and so on.

(Please note that these examples don't mirror my personal opionion. Well, with one exception, to be honest :p)

Some company names/devices just seem to trigger this or the other opinion. Seems to be human nature to put things in drawers and leave them there as opposed to reevaluate ones opionion which is much more timeconsuming ...

(I'm very glad I spent some time reavluating WP, because earlier I was one of the people afraid of bluescreen which kept me from getting a HTC WP device in 2011)
On the subject of MS the company the produces software that will blue screen or attract viruses, I have to disagree a bit.

1. When your the company that controls 90% of all computer OS's, you are a target of hackers; this raises the virus threat to your system

2. 90% of viruses on a windows PC are allowed in by un-informed users who go the suspect websites or click on the first pop-up that appears on their screens which is probably spyware, malware

3. Most blue screen are caused by memory dumps, driver updates or hardware issues, which are primarily manufacture driven

4. I havent run anti-viruses on any of my systems in at least 5 years and only had 1 virus in that time and it was due to my kid using my system.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Windows used to be awful. But since XP, it's been decent, and since 7, it's been outstanding.

People talking about "blue screens on Windows Phones" are as ignorant as people talking about "Type 11 errors on iPhones." It's propaganda.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss