just heard from somewhere I'd consider reliable that Verizon is getting a Nokia WP8 device come this October/November. No word on which one. Don't ask for more details. I don't want anyone to get in trouble.
    09-14-2012 03:43 PM
    Given that the rumors of a 822, just added verification.

Problem is, why a 822 when Verizon could have a 922. Hmmm.
    09-14-2012 03:45 PM
    just heard from somewhere I'd consider reliable that Verizon is getting a Nokia WP8 device come this October/November. No word on which one. Don't ask for more details. I don't want anyone to get in trouble.
    So........can we get more details?
    09-14-2012 07:28 PM
    Yeah I've heard from someone that Verizon is getting one to only problem is it's most likely the 822. Which is a great phone but not when compared to a flagship... I'm really wanting the 920 or most likely 922. Just to be able to shut up the iSheep and fandroids. Show them all that you don't have to be a stuck up blind person or be willing to try and fix the phone with skins or other things and just have a great phone.
    09-16-2012 09:35 PM
    09-16-2012 09:40 PM
    I'm sure I haven't heard all the rumors, but what I've heard points to the 820 coming to Verizon. I hope they get the 920, but the 820 looks pretty nice.
    09-16-2012 11:15 PM
    Having the 920 on Big Red would be enough to bring me back over to them (got my DVP and switched to T-Mo because I really wanted a WP and was tired of waiting for Verizon to offer one). That said, I'm inclined to agree with the folks who are expecting that the 920 will end up as an AT+T exclusive and the 820/822 will be Verizon's offering. In which case, I'm sorry to say that AT+T will likely be gaining me as a customer...
    09-17-2012 10:49 AM
    It's no coincidence that the best selling Android line (Galaxy S) is available on every major carrier. If Nokia really wants to compete at that level, they need to offer their full product line on every carrier.
    steve_w_7 likes this.
    09-17-2012 05:05 PM
    It's no coincidence that the best selling Android line (Galaxy S) is available on every major carrier. If Nokia really wants to compete at that level, they need to offer their full product line on every carrier.
    I agree. Hopefully at some point Nokia will do that with their flagship phones. I will point out that the Galaxy S2 wasn't available on Verizon even though the first and third were released on all carriers.
    09-17-2012 05:09 PM
    I expect Verizon to carry both the 920 and the 820. The red version of the 920 was a hint. I've also heard from my corporate sales source at VZW that they are hearing the 820 & 920 will be available. The top end HTC and the Samsung as well. They are likely to also carry a second HTC that slots in the low end of the spectrum, as they'd like to have a phone that is around $79 with a two year, though they may do that with the 820.

I'm hearing the 920 will be around $199. The ATIV S will be right at the Galaxy's pricepoint. I think the high end HTC will slot around $150.

Verizon will also be dropping some of their Droids, but it appears LG will be the big loser there as they will be eliminating many of their phones.

But I keep hearing that VZW is planning to launch with five WP8 devices. Their plan is to push the OS over the next year - and apparently Samsung, Nokia, and HTC are all gung ho about it too. Nokia is the obvious one, but Samsung is likely to make more per handset on their WP8 devices (same for HTC) because it costs less to license WP8 than it does to pay patent fees to MS on Android. The Apple verdict has helped that and also is one of the things that pushed VZW to inquire about carrying more than one Nokia.

And Nokia, I hear, is very happy to oblige. Their low-end WP8 device with 512MB that they are making for next year may have been begun at the request of Verizon. They want their entry level smartphone - free to $50 - to be a WP8 device.

I'm serious about them being all in. They've been instructed to try to move corporate clients into WP8 and incentivize the move, focusing on the security and Office integration.
    09-17-2012 10:12 PM
    I really hope Nokia didn't pull some sort of exclusivity nonsense with the 920 with AT&T. The device, if it's half as good as it looks, is going to be phenomenal, and Nokia needs the sales stateside. It would be a shame if this turned out to be their last device due to not being on all carriers.
    09-17-2012 10:44 PM
    I'm almost willing to bet that MS and Nokia want to "reward" AT&T for their faithful support of WP7 that they will give them an exclusive on the 920. I doubt it will last as long as the original iPhone exclusivity did but I'm just accepting that will be the case.

I do think that Verizon will be offering the 822 along with a couple of HTC and Samsungs sporting WP8 and I hope that some of them will be high end. That said, I would REALLY like to have a Verizon 922 in my hands in the near future.
    09-18-2012 02:03 PM
    I'm almost willing to bet that MS and Nokia want to "reward" AT&T for their faithful support of WP7 that they will give them an exclusive on the 920. I doubt it will last as long as the original iPhone exclusivity did but I'm just accepting that will be the case.

I do think that Verizon will be offering the 822 along with a couple of HTC and Samsungs sporting WP8 and I hope that some of them will be high end. That said, I would REALLY like to have a Verizon 922 in my hands in the near future.
    Not an exclusive, but it looks like an exclusive window. Talked again to a friend at VZW. Samsung, HTC, and Nokia 820 model at launch. 920 probably will come available at VZW on Black Friday.
    09-18-2012 07:17 PM
    Is Verizon the largest carrier in the U.S.? If so, I'd expect them to offer a number of WP8 devices.
    09-18-2012 08:12 PM
    Is Verizon the largest carrier in the U.S.? If so, I'd expect them to offer a number of WP8 devices.
    Yes. About 108 million customers compared to AT&T's 103 million. Sprint is a distant 3rd at around 55 million. I think Sprint is ultimately the major reason why AT&T wasn't allowed to snap up T-Mobile. That likely would have prompted Verizon to snag Sprint - a competitor with a mostly compatible network.
    09-18-2012 08:23 PM
    If Verizon got the 920 on Black Friday, that would be mighty nice.

Though I wonder of AT&T would be putting the 920 at a special sale price on that day.

If it was on AT&T for $99 as a Black Friday sale, but debuts on Verizon for $199, there will be constant complaining here.
    09-18-2012 09:36 PM
    If Verizon got the 920 on Black Friday, that would be mighty nice.

Though I wonder of AT&T would be putting the 920 at a special sale price on that day.

If it was on AT&T for $99 as a Black Friday sale, but debuts on Verizon for $199, there will be constant complaining here.
    VZW might do a sale on it for Black Friday, but my guess is the regular price will be $199 with contract. It's possible they could do $149. Nokia will work the math on it. They want the phones to sell, but they have a bottom line too.

AT&T will probably offer the lower price of the two by then. They get to push the premium WP8 device for a month before VZW, so that's a plus for them.

VZW will push the HTC device above all for the first month. But they will have at least three options to start. There's still some uncertainty with the corporate sales guy about how many devices they'll have. Between 4-6 total before the end of the year. It's mainly hanging on if they get one or more HTC devices. All will be LTE.

They also may carry the Huawei device. Could be free or $50 with a two year deal right from the start. Huawei is lobbying VZW hard to be their go-to cheap smartphone and VZW is likely going to be getting rid of quite a few of the LG products they carry.

An inexpensive Huawei handset could open the gates for WP8 by getting smartphone entry users that are looking to replace more traditional phones on the cheap. And, frankly, WP8 will perform on cheaper hardware better than Android will.
    09-18-2012 10:37 PM
    So if you're right looks like I'm not getting a new phone till black Friday :(
    09-18-2012 11:08 PM
    I am sure that if VZN wanted a 92x all they have to do is pay nokia the $$$ to get it if they dont they wont. The ball is in VZN's court. Step up and take a swing VZN.
    09-18-2012 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD