HTC, I tip my hat!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Clearly Nokia's Lumia line has influenced HTC but their new phones are gorgeous, nonetheless. I think these are definitely going to be the standout devices along with the 920. Very impressive and good for WP.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I concur. After looking at the 920 and 8X/8S...

Ativ?

DESIGN HARDER SAMSUNG

True, they really need to. Between HTC and Nokia anyone rocking those device will stand out in a crowd anyday. Fabulous designs, and this is what WP needs, unique, outstanding hardware. Now lets hope MS has got the software side sorted....;)

Garrett92C

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Its a beautiful phone, but only 16GB of non expandable storage is a deal breaker. When will HTC learn?

I've always complained about only having 16gb of storage in my phones. However, I've realized that I don't need any more than that. I actually have almost 9gb of free space on my GNex right now. I do all my music listening through Spotify and Google Music. All my video viewing comes from Youtube or Netflix.

I'm sure some people still need a ton of space, but it's generally not that important anymore.

Garrett92C

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Clearly Nokia's Lumia line has influenced HTC but their new phones are gorgeous, nonetheless. I think these are definitely going to be the standout devices along with the 920. Very impressive and good for WP.

Yea, it does seem like Nokia and HTC are headed in the same direction when it comes to design. I do LOVE that the 8X has rounded corners though. Looks like it's much more comfortable to hold. I can say for sure that my upgrade in November will be used on an 8X. :D

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I've always complained about only having 16gb of storage in my phones. However, I've realized that I don't need any more than that. I actually have almost 9gb of free space on my GNex right now. I do all my music listening through Spotify and Google Music. All my video viewing comes from Youtube or Netflix.

I'm sure some people still need a ton of space, but it's generally not that important anymore.

I could be incorrect on this, so please correct me if i am, but you just mentioned two apps missing from the Windows Phone line up. So if you don't have that, would you need more space?

Garrett92C

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I could be incorrect on this, so please correct me if i am, but you just mentioned two apps missing from the Windows Phone line up. So if you don't have that, would you need more space?

I just did some searching and Spotify, Netflix, and Youtube are available in the Marketplace. Google Music is not (which I guess is pretty obvious, lol) but that's the one I use the least; Spotify has a surprisingly good music library. I could deal with not having Netflix since I mainly use it on my TV.

If those apps weren't available though, I could probably get by with only 16gb but would have to cut out a large chunk of my music collection. In that case, having 32gb would be preferable.

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Very nice HTC what is even nicer NO EXCLUSIVE everyone can get one learn Nokia learn EXCLUSIVE to some and low end to everyone else left the doors wide open for HTC to walk in

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Had been thinking Nokia, now definitely thinking 8X. The 16GB isn't a fave, but I only have 16GB on my Trophy and have yet to use it all. I really like the audio enhancement and the look.

Seems like they took a cue from MS because the HTC's are very reminiscent of my Zune HD and that is not a bad thing. That's the place where Metro started and I thought from day 1 of owning it that it could make a heckuva phone.

Still open to the 920 as long as VZW gets it at some point. But the 8X is awesome. Very high PPI, nice colors, good audio, and the camera should be solid.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I kind of like 16GB. Keeps you honest in terms of how much stuff you actually put on the phone.

On my Lumia, I've got a little music on it, couple videos and mostly pictures. Probably about 3-4gb left. It's nice to not have to feel like you've got to put things on it simply because there is room.

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I kind of like 16GB. Keeps you honest in terms of how much stuff you actually put on the phone.

On my Lumia, I've got a little music on it, couple videos and mostly pictures. Probably about 3-4gb left. It's nice to not have to feel like you've got to put things on it simply because there is room.

I found that with my Zune HD too. I came over from an iPod with around 80GB or so. I got to keep pretty much all my music on it. The 32GB Zune fits A LOT of stuff, but I still have to pick and choose.

I have to do that even more so on my Trophy, but that's okay. I also can easily stream on it or download a song with my Zune Pass.

And I have all my documents synced with Skydrive, so no need to carry those with me everywhere. Wish I would have signed up in time for the free upgrade, but Skydrive is cheap enough that I'll probably just pay for some extra storage. Even 100GB is only just over $4 a month on average.

If HTC did announce a 32GB version, I would be interested, but I like how the storage approach is working. The cheaper ones with less storage have the SD expansion ability while the unibody enclosures on the high end don't. I'm cool with that.

All I know is that it seems like WP8 is set with the most impressive lineup of phones on any platform. Android has a lot of problems and a lot of garbage phones. Even with 512MB of RAM, WP8 flies. Best UI, best phone designs. They just need people to use them, because once people start using WP8 I think most will want it.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
One thing people are forgetting or didn't read is that MS encouraged HTC to more embody the whole colored tiles design and so they did. This wasn't a move HTC made on their own.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss