10-01-2012 11:26 AM
27 12
tools
    not a chance. Carriers tried that price already when lte was new. They couldn't move lte equipped, high end flagship android devices at $249-$299. If the 920 is more than $199 on contract, it will be DOA. Even at $199 it will be a tough sell when put up against the iPhone 5 and the Galaxy S III. Not because it's a worse phone or its not worth as much. It in face probably should cost more than either one. But it falls short in one "spec", and this happens to be the one "spec" your average, uninformed customer cares about most. App count. There are still bug names missing. Many bank apps, Mint.com, Rovio's newest titles, Instagram, and Google apps. Customers care about these and other absent apps. A customer is going to say why should ibpay the same for this phone when it can't use app x, y, and z that I use now. Plus there needs to be financial incentive to get people to switch eco systems. People have been using ios since 07 and android since 08. People could have $100 easily invested in apps. Some people many times that. If someone looks at a phone and says, well its $100 less, so I can use some of that to rebuy all my apps and still come out on top, its a much more enticing proposition then saying, I have to spend $100 extra to get this phone and rebuy all my apps (if they are available) on top of that.
    Cool... The less expensive the better. I'm just saying coming from the iPhone world I'm okay with paying $299 for a premium phone. :)
    10-01-2012 09:54 AM
    Let's not get delusional, the Galaxy S3 exist. Remember that Windows Phone 8 is competing for the Third place, and Microsoft is fine with that.
    I know t
    Hat, but I think that windows phone is more sillier to iOS than android is, and would bemore appealing to iOS fans than android would.
    10-01-2012 11:26 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD