The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
09-24-2012 06:07 AM
31 12
tools
    I went to sign the contract for my pre-ordered iPhone 5, but one unit after another had tiny nicks and scratches and I told them I didn't want it anymore after the third unit. I probably wouldn't have looked so closely to notice if I hadn't read about this issue on cnet, and the guy must have thought I was being a pain in the ***. After playing around with the device, I have to say I found it altogether unexciting. The user interface is now way too familiar and the lightness and thinness of the device has the effect of making it feel cheaper than the 4S, although it is probably a marvel of engineering. To part with that kind of money, I want to feel a sense of excitement about having a new toy but that feeling was just lacking. I will suffer for a few weeks until the Lumia 920 arrives.
    Could u kindly link those articles u read on CNET?
    Thanx!

Edit: got it. Its all over the net.. hehehe..
    Sent from my XT910 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by XENOPHOS; 09-22-2012 at 10:09 AM.
    09-22-2012 09:44 AM
    Could u kindly link those articles u read on CNET?
    Thanx!

Here's one article: Internet is flooded with iPhone 5 owners' complaints about their new smartphones arriving scratched straight out of the box | Mail Online
    09-22-2012 10:05 AM
    So you'll be getting the 920 officially now?
    Yes, i think so! I would prefer a 4.3" high end device, but am not a fan of HTC. It's a shame you have to go with a jumbo phone to get the top specs in the current market.
    09-22-2012 10:06 AM
    Thanx man..

09-22-2012 10:12 AM
    Yes, i think so! I would prefer a 4.3" high end device, but am not a fan of HTC. It's a shame you have to go with a jumbo phone to get the top specs in the current market.
    True, though I think quite a bit of the thickness of the 920 is due to the camera sensor. If it is as great as it looks when it comes to photo and video then the extra size may be worth it. The sensor might also crowd out some of the other bits and force a larger phone.

I'm still deciding which one to get, but my HTC Trophy has done well for me on Verizon. I look forward to holding each device and making a choice. It's just nice to have a choice now with Windows Phone on Verizon. After having Windows Phone 7.5, going to another phone OS just isn't an option. It's an incredible mobile OS that's just getting better with WP8.
    09-23-2012 06:25 PM
    True, though I think quite a bit of the thickness of the 920 is due to the camera sensor. If it is as great as it looks when it comes to photo and video then the extra size may be worth it. The sensor might also crowd out some of the other bits and force a larger phone.

I'm still deciding which one to get, but my HTC Trophy has done well for me on Verizon. I look forward to holding each device and making a choice. It's just nice to have a choice now with Windows Phone on Verizon. After having Windows Phone 7.5, going to another phone OS just isn't an option. It's an incredible mobile OS that's just getting better with WP8.
    You seem to be very concerned about the Lumia 920's size and people here say that the 8X would suit you, well I have to disagree on that one. You see there really is not that much difference in Lumia 920 and HTC 8X in terms of size, in weight yeah there is. But size:

8X: Height: 5.21 inch, Width: 2,61 inch, Thickness; 0,4 inch

920: Height: 5.11 inch, Width: 2,79 inch, Thickness: 0,42 inch

So to be perfectly honest they are very much the same in terms of size.
    09-24-2012 06:07 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD