This would be, in my opinion, one major different and brave design concept. Someone should employ this designer - hello Nokia, have a look!

Absolutely stunning:

Kanavos Smartphone Concept by Alexandros Stasinopoulos Yanko Design
    09-24-2012 05:59 AM
    I know I wouldn't buy it :p. Not to say it isn't unique or interesting, but I find this design incredibly irritating.
    09-24-2012 06:30 AM
    Crazy is one way to describe it. Ugly would be another.
    gmlongo and LevSer like this.
    09-24-2012 09:32 AM
    This would be, in my opinion, one major different and brave design concept. Someone should employ this designer - hello Nokia, have a look!

Absolutely stunning:

Kanavos Smartphone Concept by Alexandros Stasinopoulos Yanko Design
    It's interesting.I think I like it.
    09-24-2012 09:36 AM
    Looks good, but far from intuitive
    09-24-2012 09:53 AM
    Looks good, but far from intuitive
    It has icons on all the mechanical buttons, I would think that would make it easier to use.and understand, but maybe you're right. Too many buttons may make it confusing to some. Je ne sais pas.
    09-24-2012 10:02 AM
    It has icons on all the mechanical buttons, I would think that would make it easier to use.and understand, but maybe you're right. Too many buttons may make it confusing to some. Je ne sais pas.
    On ne sait jamais avant de l'avoir essay.
    09-24-2012 10:18 AM
    On ne sait jamais avant de l'avoir essay.
    You're correct, you don't know until you try it.

I like the design, but it's the type of phone you wouldn't want to put a case on or else you would hide the beauty of it. Phones are getting so thin and fragile, I am afraid to use a new phone without an Otterbox case. Maybe i am just too clumsy. :D
    09-24-2012 10:28 AM
    Sure but thicker phone are fragile too... we can't win!
    09-24-2012 10:33 AM
    Nice concept but ew.
    09-24-2012 10:35 AM
    I know I wouldn't buy it :p. Not to say it isn't unique or interesting, but I find this design incredibly irritating.
    Yeah, it's obnoxious.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    09-24-2012 11:27 AM
    He needs to use the actual homescreen in his renderings. Right now he has perfect tile spacing with the lines in the case. That is not reality. You will never have a perfect fit of tiles on the screen. Left and right borders are larger than between tile I think. Also win button on side would be nearly impossible to activate if holding in right hand. Oh, well it looks like it has a home button on both sides. Still not the best because gripping the phone could easily activate that button and this is doubled since one is on either side. I will say that the grooves in it could help me not hit the camera button as often as I do with my TITAN. Gives good tactile information to the user.
    09-24-2012 12:09 PM
    i like it, bold and eye catching

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    09-24-2012 12:14 PM
    i like it, bold and eye catching

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    That's what I thought too, but as you can see from the responses, some people really dislike it.
    09-24-2012 12:18 PM
    Looks like a rubik's cube ran over by a steamroller.
    09-24-2012 12:37 PM
    Looks like a rubik's cube ran over by a steamroller.
    Ha... That is an very apt analogy.
    09-24-2012 01:06 PM
    That's not a device I find attractive, but if others do, more power to them. I will admit that it does show some creativity.
    09-24-2012 01:35 PM
    Eye catching certainly, but I'd be afraid my 2 year old would try to dismantle that LEGO phone...
    09-24-2012 01:51 PM
    not to be insulting BUT thats one fugly design
    09-24-2012 02:11 PM
    Crazy indeed. Definitely not for me.
    09-24-2012 02:26 PM
    More of a niche design in my opinion.
    09-24-2012 02:52 PM
    I think that's just going too far with the tiles. Doesn't definitely fit my taste. The shell looks too toyish imo.
    09-24-2012 03:06 PM
    I think that's just going too far with the tiles. Doesn't definitely fit my taste. The shell looks too toyish imo.
    I have to admit, I am a little concerned about the "toyish" aspects of this rendering as well as some of the candy colored iterations of the new Nokias and HTC phones. They are eye catching but to someone who's not familiar with Windows Phones, the large colorful tiles and candy colored casings can make them come across as play toys or Fisher Price phones. Don't get me wrong, I think it's good that they have a distinctive look and I know that they are available in basic black as well but with all the visuals being the bright and playful, I fear they might be written off by business users as toys before they even give them a chance.

It may be a misplaced fear and it certainly won't stop me from picking up my WP8 phone when Verizon stocks them for my business and personal needs, but I do hope there is a balance in the WP8 devices out there, so that they don't get put into a niche.
    09-26-2012 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD