Rumor: Nokia planning to sue to stop release of HTC devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I hope not, as we want as bigger range of hardware available as possible on launch day, though I will also admit that they might have a case as they are quite similar

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
No they can't. HTC is MS protected. and you cannot sue another Wp OEM. besides MS will not let them. since MS also made it with HTC. Nokia is not going to mess up MS's plan.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have to say I'm skeptical about this. I have a hard time believing that MS would appreciate a flap like this.

And I would hope that Nokia understands that their biggest problem is getting people to adopt the OS, not worrying about competing WP models.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
really, so all of you people support IP theft? Then PLEASE go to Android where you will be welcomed with open arms by thieves.

HTC aped Nokia's designs and they know it. The fact that Microsoft aided in this is a slap to the face of Nokia and their partnership. Nokia got married to MS and the OS and then MS turned around and got a whore to dress up as Nokia....plain and simple.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I hope this isn't true. It would be nice to have as many options as possible out there. Somehow I don't see MS being on board with this. Hopefully it's just as sound byte to keep WP phone in the news during i5 sales.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I am going to wait until there is confirmation before sharing further views on the matter. I do know that if it is true, MS needs to step in NOW.

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised as HTC has clearly taken inspiration on Nokia's various WP handsets.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
really, so all of you people support IP theft? Then PLEASE go to Android where you will be welcomed with open arms by thieves.

HTC aped Nokia's designs and they know it. The fact that Microsoft aided in this is a slap to the face of Nokia and their partnership. Nokia got married to MS and the OS and then MS turned around and got a whore to dress up as Nokia....plain and simple.
Please. In what world does this:
WindowsPhone8X-Multi.jpg

Look like a copy of this:
lumia_820_group.jpg

Unless you think Nokia should be able to patent colors, this is crazy.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Agreed! Could this just be a leaked rumor to get Nokia's name in the public, right after iPhone 5 release?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077