Oct 21th seems to be THE date for the 920 in AT&T??

diaspar

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I was in the mall this weekend and checked out the iphone 5 in the Apple store and even more disappointed after holding/testing a real one in my hand.

I turned around and checked out the AT&T store a few yards away and chatted with the sales lady. I was expecting some diplomatic answers when I asked when 920 will be available in the store and was really surprised when the lady gave me a firm and straight answer, "Oct 21th". I almost dropped the Lumia 900 I was playing in my hand, I asked again, and the lady told me that's what she was told. I then asked "do you know the price", she said "sorry, that we don't know yet"

So, looks like Oct 21th it is..., cheer up and a few more weeks!

Russell11

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
First post.. I'm a long time apple ******.. I'm making a switch over to windows phone for something different. Now I hope this is the date which is 3 days after my current contract is up. How is it though? Windows phone 8 is making a big event October 26th? Why would they release the lumia 920 a week early?

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
First post.. I'm a long time apple ******.. I'm making a switch over to windows phone for something different. Now I hope this is the date which is 3 days after my current contract is up. How is it though? Windows phone 8 is making a big event October 26th? Why would they release the lumia 920 a week early?

That's probably the most reasonable argument against an Oct 21 release date. I hope it's true, but the timing does seem too early.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
It's not unusual for companies (especially Microsoft) to release the product before the launch event. In fact, they do it often.

But, more likely is the 21st is pre-order date.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I want to wait until any Black Friday sales. But I don't know if I'm going to be capable of doing that.

I know it's only a month extra wait time for perhaps a $50-$100 savings... but man, I feel so impatient.

Or if I wait and there isn't a Black Friday sale I'll be kicking myself! :lol:

Mr. MacPhisto

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site

I agree with others, I think its a preorder date. My bet is that October 21 will be THE WP8 pre-order date. I'd guess that MS will do some kind of announcement detailing all WP8 features not too long before that before having the launch party. They'll likely announce pre-orders then.

OR AT&T may get to launch a week in advance with Nokia as a reward for AT&T being their most loyal carrier and Nokia being their loyal OEM. That would make sense, to give Nokia and AT&T a week head start.

And welcome! I was a switcher from Windows to Mac, then I switched back. Windows Phone is my first smartphone. It's the only platform that actually made me want a smartphone when I used it. I was reminded by that tonight as I was hanging out with friends and they all had to open FB apps. They began to wonder how I was doing things so quickly - my l'il old Trophy working circles around these dual core phones. Lots of oohs and ahhs - then I showed them the Nokia 920 and the HTC 8X pics.

It only takes seeing and briefly playing with Windows Phone to fall in love with it. And now they've got some terrific lookers on the way too.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I want to wait until any Black Friday sales. But I don't know if I'm going to be capable of doing that.

I know it's only a month extra wait time for perhaps a $50-$100 savings... but man, I feel so impatient.

Or if I wait and there isn't a Black Friday sale I'll be kicking myself! :lol:

How much is your time worth? You can easily get $50 - $100 enjoyment out of your phone in a month, so why wait. Expierence all the new stuff with us at launch! :)

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Store sales people are not exactly reliable sources of information. They probably saw the same document we did, on the internet, and assumed it meant it would be for sale on the 21st. Nothing has been announced, so don't get your hopes up.

We know when the announcement will be, and we know what month HTC will be selling their devices, we know the Lumia is a launch device alongside HTC's offerings... So if you ask me the phone won't be hitting the shelves until November.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I was in the mall this weekend and checked out the iphone 5 in the Apple store and even more disappointed after holding/testing a real one in my hand.

I turned around and checked out the AT&T store a few yards away and chatted with the sales lady. I was expecting some diplomatic answers when I asked when 920 will be available in the store and was really surprised when the lady gave me a firm and straight answer, "Oct 21th". I almost dropped the Lumia 900 I was playing in my hand, I asked again, and the lady told me that's what she was told. I then asked "do you know the price", she said "sorry, that we don't know yet"

So, looks like Oct 21th it is..., cheer up and a few more weeks!

GFDI! Now we just need a UK release date ?_? but was it a display model or your personal phone that 900 ya nearly dropped?

diaspar

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
GFDI! Now we just need a UK release date ?_? but was it a display model or your personal phone that 900 ya nearly dropped?
nah, it was a 900 display phone. I was checking out how Lumia 900 feels like since it is the similar size and look as the 920. I don't have a WP yet and is switching from my ip4 to 920. Nokia, keep up the good work!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire