T-Mobile

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
OK, since I can't afford a ETF and I can't afford AT&T I'm stuck on my T-Mobile $50/month data plan.

Firstly, other than the 8x (which I'm not impressed by) do we know what other phones will be on T-Mobile?

Secondly, would it be possible to put an unlocked L920 onto T-Mo and get T-Mo's 3G or "4G"?

Thanks

austrianball#IM

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
From what I've been told T-mo is refarming their network to att's frequency starting the end of this year. So, of you get an unlocked 920 and live in one higher priority cities Ny, La, Las Vegas, etc. You should have 3g soon. I've heard some say they already have it. And LTE is coming soon too.

That being said I am hoping that the 920 is going to be offered by t-mo.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Firstly, other than the 8x (which I'm not impressed by) do we know what other phones will be on T-Mobile?

No official word what T-Mo is getting.

Secondly, would it be possible to put an unlocked L920 onto T-Mo and get T-Mo's 3G or "4G"?

Thanks

T-Mobile is in the process of re-farming their towers to support AT&T's frequencies. So if your area has been re-farmed then yes, you can get 3G/4G.

The real question is... will there be a way to unlock the 920? Judging by the 900... no. :(

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
The 8x/8s are confirmed for t-mobile.

Yes, I believe this is true. However, the two HTC offerings are the least appealing to me of the thus-far announced Win 8 phones. I would prefer the expandable Ativ S over the 8x (which looks like a cheap toy to me).

I think my dream phone would be the L920 with Micro SD. OK, I know, that's way off topic. Sorry.

austrianball#IM

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I agree based on the pictures the HTCs look cheap, oddly the 8s a little less so. I'm trying to keep an open mind till I actually can hold them in the hand. I think the 32Gb for the 920 is plenty for my liking. If you plan on watching HD movies and shows on your phone it might not cut it. To me that's what the surface is for.

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I agree based on the pictures the HTCs look cheap, oddly the 8s a little less so. I'm trying to keep an open mind till I actually can hold them in the hand. I think the 32Gb for the 920 is plenty for my liking. If you plan on watching HD movies and shows on your phone it might not cut it. To me that's what the surface is for.

I wish to have my music on my phone. Surface is fine but I can't take it everywhere. My phone will always be on my person. I don't want to sacrifice bit rates of MP3s to be able to have my music with me. Some of us are big music people, that's definitely me.

austrianball#IM

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Haha, I am very selective of what music I have with me so I don't ever have that problem, but I can understand how you would need more storage if you have a large library.

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Haha, I am very selective of what music I have with me so I don't ever have that problem, but I can understand how you would need more storage if you have a large library.

Well, part of the trouble is that I'm away from home for long stretches of time. So I can't easily swap out music. I prefer to have a good chunk of my music library with me. Yes, there are the online streaming services. Much of the time I'm in remote locations without towers... being a huge fan of convergence i don't want multiple devices. Phone music audio quality is just fine. I have no desire to buy and carry another device.

EvanKr

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody know which WPs will work on T-Mo's current 3G AWS network? The reason that I ask is because here in Canada, WIND mobile (an AWS carrier similar to T-Mo) offers unlimited data, talk and text for $30 a month, and operates on the same spectrum as T-Mo's current 1700 MHz one.

If I remember correctly, the 8X would work, but the 920 would NOT. The ATIV S I'm assuming would as the GS3 is AWS compatible, but I'm not too sure. Can anybody confirm this?

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Only one WP 8 handset is officially confirmed for T-Mobile, and that's the 8X.

There are no other announced AWS WP8 handsets right now.

There's no announcement as to whether Samsung intends to develop an AWS version of the ATIV S.

Of course, WP7 handsets for AWS, like the Radar, HD7, and 710 will also work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro