If Phone Color Was 'Plan A', Better look at Plan B

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure if Nokia, HTC or even MS was using color as key difference maker in their phones. If it was then they need another feature to mark their territory.

Just like the Original Ford Model T that only came in black, then GM(?) 1-up them with colored cars...then everyone else made colored cars, so shall it be with phones 'me thinks'

Exhibit A
@evleaks is at it again showing the LG Lucid
A35cTu1CYAAurn9.jpg

I wish NOKIA had came out a little harder with their color and I think their color 'difference maker' will only be short lived.

HTC is next, and I think they will eventually make colored phones for Android...which kills the wow factor for their signature line

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I wish NOKIA had came out a little harder with their color and I think their color 'difference maker' will only be short lived.

HTC is next, and I think they will eventually make colored phones for Android...which kills the wow factor for their signature line

You're probably right for the first and I wouldn't be surprised on the second. So long as the color helped/helps Nokia in garnering relevancy when it first came out/in the next coming months where its reach is better then it will have done its job for the most part.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I doubt HTC would put colours on their Android devices. HTC is putting 50% of their focus on Windows phone. they need to differentiate themselves their phones from their android devices. HTC's Windows phone devices get the colours and stunning hardware. also HTC does know that coloured phones do not look good on their android devices. HTC did the 8X and 8S differently because they wanted to start fresh for their phones and represent the tiles of wp8

There's a rumor that the HTC OneX+ will have different colors.

Also I remember colors being pretty popular on the original RAZR. Like bubblegum pink and Dolge and Gabanna Gold.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
There's a rumor that the HTC OneX+ will have different colors.

Also I remember colors being pretty popular on the original RAZR. Like bubblegum pink and Dolge and Gabanna Gold.

I just did a search and could not find anything to prove this, can you please post the link to where you heard this.

rich4A1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
While the Android OEMs are probably going to make color phones, it's it obvious that it doesn't look as cool, as coherent on Android than on Windows Phone? It's kind of like Nokia demoed a pink Lumia 900 with blue tiles.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
It's not just the Android interface that's awful, it's the device too... that's such a blatant last-minute, half-hearted effort for color I've ever seen.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure if Nokia, HTC or even MS was using color as key difference maker in their phones. If it was then they need another feature to mark their territory.

Just like the Original Ford Model T that only came in black, then GM(?) 1-up them with colored cars...then everyone else made colored cars, so shall it be with phones 'me thinks'

Exhibit A
@evleaks is at it again showing the LG Lucid
Click to view quoted image

That might be the ugliest phone I have ever seen lol. It's like candy purple with faux carbon fiber. I don't even...

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a Toshiba TV that I absolutely love, but my Toshiba laptop screen died (because it was heavy so when it fell it got mess up).

Hammered Pizza

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I know this isn't the place to ask, but does anyone know what weather widget that is? Looks very similar to the 'Weather and Clock' app in the LG WP app collection.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The LG is uuuuuuu-gly, but yeah, color isn't a "substantial differentiator."

The idea of Nokia running around, pointing at every other OEM shouting "you copied us! You're selling phones in colors!" is unappealing.

WP has capabilities. All the hardware is great. It's just grossly overpriced for a "challenger" ecosystem.

HTC and Nokia should be focused on delivering high-end handsets for $300 or less... otherwise the average person isn't likely to consider them.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
HTC and Nokia should be focused on delivering high-end handsets for $300 or less... otherwise the average person isn't likely to consider them.

But high-end and cheap don't go hand in hand.

Just go on a phone website, and look at the phones you can buy for $300. They are all tiny screens, old hardware, bascially a couple of generation old hardware.

Cheap phones definitely sell the most units, but they sell to the Android crowd, people who don't put money back into the eco-system, they want everything free. Great people for statistics, to say you have 100 million users, rubbish for putting money in developers hands.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The first thing I thought of when I saw that pic was, "Good Lord, what an unholy mess an Android screen is."

Honestly.

Plz...Crystal...thats like what my screen looks like (somewhat)..so plz dont talk about it like that... hehehe..Just kidding bro!

imagine living with it..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos