I think I read that the first crop of Lumias (610, 710, 800, and 900) were only ever sold in 54 countries. How many countries do you think they'll enter with the new language support in WP8?

Nokia sold 4 million Lumias last quarter, and I'm hoping they can double their number of markets and get that number closer to 7-8 million a quarter. With HTC and Samsung, we could easily see 10 million+ units/quarter in 2013 with the right marketing.

That is Samsung and Apple's biggest advantage right now: blanketing the markets with their products.

If Nokia can be that force for WP8, I have to think that sheer volume will start inching up market share.

Anyone have any guesses on how many markets the Lumia range will be made available?
    09-29-2012 10:02 PM
    With all Nokia's low end phones, my guess is that they will sell in about 70 to 100 countries. My main concern for Nokia is how many carriers they will be partnering with in the states. If they would have done more carriers then AT&T with the 900, they would have done better. If there new flagship device, the Lumia 920, is only sold on 1 carrier, they would be doomed. Nokia really needs to do what Samsung did with the S3 and Apple is doing with the iPhone, put it on at least 3 or more carriers without changing specs. That also goes for other countries too.

Some people choose the carrier first for one reason or another. I have to use Verizon due to traveling a lot in the US. Tried AT&T but there coverage is small towns suck compared to Verizon.
    10-03-2012 12:18 PM
    With all Nokia's low end phones, my guess is that they will sell in about 70 to 100 countries. My main concern for Nokia is how many carriers they will be partnering with in the states. If they would have done more carriers then AT&T with the 900, they would have done better. If there new flagship device, the Lumia 920, is only sold on 1 carrier, they would be doomed. Nokia really needs to do what Samsung did with the S3 and Apple is doing with the iPhone, put it on at least 3 or more carriers without changing specs. That also goes for other countries too.

Some people choose the carrier first for one reason or another. I have to use Verizon due to traveling a lot in the US. Tried AT&T but there coverage is small towns suck compared to Verizon.
    Elop gave an interview where he stated that Nokia would be looking at more carrier relationships and that part of WP7 lumia low sales were down to it being available everywhere with no exclusivity, so Im guessing we will see more 'exclusive' carrier products.. :@
    10-03-2012 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD