Size comparison of the upcoming WP8 devices [PIC]

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday, WMPoweruser published a post about a size comparison graphic of the upcoming WP8 phones. Unfortunately, that picture had quite a few errors there, for example portraying HTC 8S approximately 8 cm tall.

Anyway, I made my own version of the pic that should be pretty much correct and here it is if you wish to take a look:

SZ.jpg

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much shows what I suspected. The HTC 8x has no business being that much taller than the 820 with the same screen size and definitely should not be taller than the 920.

The 920 looks thicker than 10.7mm considering the 900 and 800 are supposedly thicker.

Never go by screen size because if it is not too tall for your jeans pocket, the Ativ S is probably the most pocketable if it is anything like my GS3.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The HTC 8X is taller and the same thickness as the 920? Ew. The 920 is kind of hideous compared to the other phones, I think I just going to wait to see the devices in person.

I saw the 610 for the first time yesterday and it looks a lot better than I though, is pretty heavy though.

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
^So all this time you've been going on about how amazing the 8X is and you haven't even gazed over the spec sheets?

Such an awkward phone. 920 is the best form factor for the "hero" phones IMO. 8S takes it for the best wp8 phone though...

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
...I saw the 610 for the first time yesterday and it looks a lot better than I though, is pretty heavy though.

Oh yeah, it's real heavy, 4.64 oz or 132 grams. Most people would have to go on a steroid regiment to carry it. :D

Last edited:

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I haven't being preaching the 8X. People are just incapable of looking at my post in a neutral manner, the phone I've being treating the best is the ATIV. But Nokia fans are too busy feeling threatened by HTC.

Edit:
Oh yeah, it's real heavy, 4.64 oz or 132 grams. Most people would have to go a steroid regiment to carry it. :D

Hahaha well I mean from the size of it. It feels like I'm lifting 3 iphones XD.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I haven't being preaching the 8X. People are just incapable of looking at my post in a neutral manner, the phone I've being treating the best is the ATIV. But Nokia fans are too busy feeling threatened by HTC.

Edit:

You are too young to be spending this much time trolling on forums. You will be bitter and alone when you become an adult.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Didn't realise the Ativ was so big, with everyone talking about how Samsung's designs are so ergonomic and pocketable. From a quick look at that picture, it looks like it's going to be harder to hit the top-left of the Ativ's screen than with the 920. I don't see why there is such a focus on thickness with little consideration of width in particular.

The 8X looks good to me, just a little wider than my Omnia thankfully and quite a bit taller, but I'm not touching the excessive bezel at the top of the device anyway.

It's lighter than the 4S...

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
The 610? It felt ridiculously heavy in my hand. The 720 felt much lighter.
132g (610) vs 140g (4S), it isn't that hard to Google. There's no such thing as the 720. EDIT: derp, of course you meant the 710 and you are right that it is heavier than the 710 (though still in line with the average smartphone).

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro