5 Reasons Why MS is working on Surface Phone | MS Patents

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
With the recent 9/10 on the rumor scale for this article that has just appeared on the main, Id figured I would post another article that came out this morning that I ignored...until now...

5 Reasons Why Microsoft Is Working On A Surface Phone
In summary, the author list 5 patents related to phone/screen technology that hints at working on a phone

microsoftsurfacephone.jpg

surfacephone.png

mssurfacephone8.png

mssurfacephonetablet.png

surfacepatent.png

patent-wp7accessories.jpg

I think all 3 flagship phones from NOKIA, HTC & SAMSUNG are nice and brings something new to the table...but they all leave users wanting something more....
l
  • ess weight
  • smaller size
  • sd card support
  • Xenon Flash ( j/k okay I only want that! :D )

Why have a Surface phone....maybe a high end, small screen, lightweight, sd card support with XENON flash for the low low price of $19.99 ;)

Last edited:

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
quote from Steve Ballmer
"When asked if Microsoft might make its own smartphone, Ballmer paused (choosing words carefully emphasis mine )and then replied: 'Right now we are working real hard on the Surface. That’s the focus. That’s our core. Look, we’ll see what happens. We have good partners with Nokia, H(T)C in the phone space. I love what we've got going on with the Surface. We are going to focus on Surface and our other Windows 8 Tablet partners and see if we can go make something happen.'"
link

andrelamont

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
putting this under the really reaching category...

remember the late great Zune HD? I wondered if it used the VaporMg (pronounced "VaporMag", the molded magnesium casing paired with a PVD finish ) and if the rumored Surface phone would be made out of this material? It flopped in the marketplace but it 'showed done' looked good

Give me a phone w/custom engraving on the back and i'll pay full price ( even though at&t offers no discount for bringing your own phone...booo! )
504x_zune-hd_hi-rez_01.jpg

zune-hd.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire